IGNORED

What's going on with Sunshine Mary?

Ari

SSM has a password protected post up today. It's tagged with the extremely subtle tags of "intimidation, online harassment, why are feminists so emotional, why are feminists so violent" so I figure it's about something that's gone down online recently. Then I checked and noticed that the HHG parody blog (holyhandgrenadephil.wordpress.com) has gone down.

Maybe the password-protected post was about that blog, and there was some sort of legal threat? Does anyone know? Heating up some popcorn...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feminists are violent?

Then can someone please explain to me why SSM supports marital rape and domestic "discipline"?

I'm clearly missing something. She's not actually a feminist, is she?

Adding to my own thoughts: Isn't she also the one who publicly threatened to dox a parody blogger she thought she knew AND the blogger's child?

Yeah. Feminists are the ones with the problems. Got it.

I don't know if that password protected thread was about that blog, but I'll hazard a guess that that was at least one of the items that she discussed in it.

In the Comments thread in her previous post, Stop and Stare, SSM said:

Can some please tell me why I draw crazy people to my site? Honestly. Reader mrandmrswhite is now trolling me, telling me I have a foul-mouth and quoting Ephesians 4:29 at me, accusing me of inflaming people’s lusts, and of not being a Christian.

And that’s the tip of the iceberg and quite minor compared to the feminist trolling I’ve been dealing with behind the scenes. Free speech and the response of feminists to the speech of those with whom they do not agree is the topic of the upcoming private post.

SSM and her ilk are those "persecuted Christians" who think that publicly disagreeing with them and/or poking fun at them is an infringement on their right to freedom of speech. Of course she doesn't view her publicly disagreeing and/or poking fun at others in quite the same light. Hypocrites!!

Sunshine Gary was the one whom SSM threatened to dox, and as of this posting, that blog is still up.

sunshinegary.wordpress.com/author/sunshinegary/

Anyway, people who are the biggest, loudest, nastiest bullies are usually the ones with the thinnest skin. To SSM: don't dish it out if you can't take it.

SSM and her ilk are those "persecuted Christians" who think that publicly disagreeing with them and/or poking fun at them is an infringement on their right to freedom of speech. Of course she doesn't view her publicly disagreeing and/or poking fun at others in quite the same light. Hypocrites!!

Can I just go off topic here a bit and say that this is my biggest pet peeve? Good god, it drives me insane and I see more and more of it everyday.

Shitstain doesn't seem to realize that if anti-feminisms' so great, then she should take her own advice and shut up and listen to her man. After all, if she's so happy to be subserviant to her husband why is she blogging? And free speech goes both ways, bitch. Criticism no matter how much you dislike it, is free-speech. People can talk about you on other blogs and forums on the internet if you post publicly, shitstain. Just because you can't control people's reaction to your shitty posts doesn't mean it's not free speech, bitch.

Password protected? The fewer people have access to it - probably her ilk - the better! She has crawled back under the rock she came out of! Stay password protected you hateful scum! Some people were probably coming for her ass. She needs it in stitches anyway.

And free speech goes both ways, bitch. Criticism no matter how much you dislike it, is free-speech. People can talk about you on other blogs and forums on the internet if you post publicly, shitstain. Just because you can't control people's reaction to your shitty posts doesn't mean it's not free speech, bitch.

This is what kills me about her. She's the ONLY one I've seen trying to silence ANYone, and she has publicly threatened to use the government to do so. These other blogs have poked fun at her, but I haven't seen anyone actively trying to shut her up.

It looks like SSM is feeling the heat. What did she expect? She's blathers on about women being stupid, useless and emotionally unstable, and advocates marital rape and domestic violence. Did she think her opinion would go unnoticed? People are going to call her out on her stuff. I guess SSM originally got a kick out of her blogging because of all her MRA fans. She probably didn't anticipate so many people would disagree with her as well.

Oh, Shitstain, you idiot, the feminists aren't trying to silence your free speech. Mocking and disagreeing is not the same thing as silencing. However, you have threatened the free speech of parody bloggers. So you are the one with the free speech issue not the feminists.

Oh, and I would like to add that I don't consider myself a feminist, but I still think you are a piece of shit, Mary.

Yes, you have free speech Mary, but it works both ways. If you have the free speech to mock other people for their opinions, they also have the ability to disagree with you and make fun of you.

Free speech does not mean "I can say anything I want with no consequences for my actions"

This is what kills me about her. She's the ONLY one I've seen trying to silence ANYone, and she has publicly threatened to use the government to do so...

The government that, might I add, they are opposed to for its being too big and intrusive into the private lives of its citizens...unless, of course, they want the government to intrude into the private lives of folks that they don't agree with, then it can't be big enough!

Free speech means that you are free to talk shit and other people are entitled to get back at you with verbal smackdowns for the shit you've spoken. Deal with it.

Yes, you have free speech Mary, but it works both ways. If you have the free speech to mock other people for their opinions, they also have the ability to disagree with you and make fun of you.

Free speech does not mean "I can say anything I want with no consequences for my actions"

AARGH PET PEEVE! I completely agree with you, this is fucking irritating.

I hate this, people thinking "free speech" means "speech without consequences". It does not.

Shitstain Mary,

No-one is "oppressing" you, denying you freedom of speech, hurting you physically or damaging you if they disagree with you, however strongly they state their disagreement. Believe me, I hold an unpopular political opinion (or five hundred or so) and I have been denounced and insulted offline and online more times than you've had hot dinners. Get a grip.

If you deliberately try to be provoking and "edgy" and "countercultural" you're going to get more than fanboys. You're going to get people who don't see you how you would like to be seen. You then have two choices.

Stop posting stuff on the Internet most people disagree with and then clutching your pearls when people disagree with you. Or, put your big girl panties on and deal with the fact people don't agree with you or like you automatically. Choice is yours.

I have no way of accessing the private thread and doubt Sunshine would give me the password if I delurked from her blog to request it. But, a quick search on Wordpress found that she is upset about the parody blogs. She is is accusing a fan of stalking her children b/c one blog posted a photo of them that the blog owner hacked from Sunshine's Facebook account (according to Sunshine).

Sunshine told Wordpress that HHG has contacted an attorney. Not sure what can be done legally, but the fake Holy Hand Grenade blog is down. I guess he didn't care that some "stalker" was dissing his wife b/c the Sunshine Gary blog is still up.

The Wordpress moderator got frustrated with Sunshine and has shut down her thread on the matter. Here is the exchange they had:

sunshinemary

Aug 24, 2013, 11:31 AM

Hello

I have a wordpress blog. I have a reader who claims to be obsessed with me and who took exception to some of my political beliefs. He started a bit of a harassment campaign against me by starting a "fan fiction" type of wordpress blog of his own in which he pretend to be me. This was not a problem until this person somehow hacked my facebook account, which was set to private, and copied some of my personal photos. He has posted a picture of my children with a friend of mine on the harassment blog. This is unacceptable because it places my young children in the position of being cyber stalked by this guy. I haven't gone to the police yet because no verbal threat has been made yet, but I would very much appreciate it if you could delete the picture(s) of my children on the blog. The blog address is:

sunshinehairy.wordpress.com

I've taken steps to secure my facebook account of course. Thank you for your time and assistance!

The blog I need help with is sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com.

timethief

Aug 24, 2013, 11:55 AM

Please see the abuse process for more information. http://en.wordpress.com/abuse/

http://en.support.wordpress.com/content ... hat-to-do/

http://automattic.com/dmca/

sunshinemary

Aug 24, 2013, 12:04 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure this is really a matter of copyright infringement. I have already tried marking this post as abuse but have received no reply from wordpress. I'm not entirely sure why they haven't responded, other than perhaps they just are very backlogged or something. However, I am concerned for my children's safety because of this person.

timethief

Aug 24, 2013, 12:08 PM

Safety issues are police issues not WordPress.com issues. If the images of the children are yours and you did not provide terms of use for the images of your children that's a copyright violation. In that case a DMCA take down notice can be used.

I have already tried marking this post as abuse but have received no reply from wordpress.

Note: If you have already used the abuse form to contact WordPress.com Terms of Service Staff then posting is no necessary and may even result in it taking longer for you to get a response.

Staff work their way through abuse complaints, account recovery requests, support tickets and forum threads tagged for their attention by dealing with those that have the earliest date and timestamps first. This thread will be closed as you have already contacted Staff.

1tess

Aug 24, 2013, 12:14 PM

Just to be clear, you did use this link?

http://en.wordpress.com/abuse/

If you reported the post / site as abusive, I'm not certain they will respond directly.

They don't usually respond to the person who reports spam blogs, because, as I was informed by Jackie

With TOS/Mature reports, all sites reported go into a special system that captures all of these reports. Members of our team manually review each report for violations and take appropriate action. While we do have a way to contact the person who reported the site, in reality we get hundreds of these every day (some automatically generated as well) and it’s just not feasible to email the reporter as we close them out. Rest assured, though, that each and every one is reviewed in the order they are reported.

Seems, though, in the case of abuse that someone should respond. Have you looked to see if the post was removed? Let's be patient and wait for a staff response.

timethief

Aug 24, 2013, 12:20 PM

@1Tess

I did not post the "need pictures removed" tag or the "posted pictures of my children" tag. I know that the only way they will be removed is via a DMCA notice. If this blogger has grounds for a DMCA complaint then she ought not waste any time at all when it comes to completing the required documentation for Staff.

@sunshinemary

Understand that Staff will not just remove images of the children because you said they should. You have to provide grounds for the removal. You can read our DMCA notice on this page: http://automattic.com/dmca/

If you would like to take further action, I recommend you consult the police and a lawyer about your safety concerns.

sunshinemary

Aug 24, 2013, 12:20 PM

I have followed Time Thief's suggestion and filed a copyright infringement/DMCA take-down notice. I don't imagine this will help; someone who goes to the trouble of hacking into a facebook account set to private is not likely going to respond to a form email from wordpress, I'm guessing. Still, it's worth a try, I guess.

This person is trying to send a message that they are willing to engage in escalating aggression against my family because they disagree with my personal beliefs. I don't mind being mocked on their site at all, but engaging in intimidation of little kids is pretty disturbing behavior.

sunshinemary

Aug 24, 2013, 12:23 PM

Thank you for the suggestion, Time Thief. My husband emailed our attorney about this matter yesterday to see if there is anything legally that can be done about it, so we will see what he says. If it were a picture of me, I wouldn't even bother, but children are quite another matter.

timethief

Aug 24, 2013, 12:24 PM

Have you contacted Facebook Staff about the security breach?

Devil's advocate: Little kids who cannot read are not aware of what's online and hence cannot be intimidated by it.

timethief

Aug 24, 2013, 12:26 PM

For clarity I am requesting that Staff close this thread as discussing these matters on a public forum is not in the blogger's best interest. They are dealt with via the abuse complaint process and the relevant links have been provided.

sunshinemary

Aug 24, 2013, 12:27 PM

Is it appropriate to play devil's advocate in this situation? What an odd response.

The children range in age from pre-school to fourth grade and can read.

1tess

Aug 24, 2013, 12:30 PM

tt,

I'm not sure what to do. No, these private matters should not be discussed here, but if I close the thread, then the staff won't see the modlook and if the whole site is abusive then it should be taken down.

Also, I don't understand why the OP's site is marked as "mature" because there is nothing on it that qualifies. I neglected to ask about that earlier and only just realized it may be part of the issue.

sunshinemary

Aug 24, 2013, 12:39 PM

1tess

My site is marked mature, or the one that I am complaining about? My site should not be marked mature as it is just a discussion blog about Christianity and politics.

The site I am referring to may have been marked mature by its administrator; I don't really know. Their only purpose in starting the site is to harass me (and, apparently, my children), and they hacked my facebook account (facebook has been contacted about this, of course).

Anyway, I won't take any more of your time now. I have followed Time Thief's suggestions, so there is not anything else I can do at present. Thank you for your assistance.

1tess

Aug 24, 2013, 12:43 PM

On further consideration, I'm going to close this topic. Everything on these forums is indexed by Google within minutes and it's not in anyone's interest to keep adding more and more details here, and there. All the links the original poster needs have been included on this thread, and staff has already responded to her earlier post.

To sunshinemary,

Yes, sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com

If you believe your site is wrongly marked "mature" then use this link to reach the TOS team.

http://en.wordpress.com/report-mature/

Interesting. I wonder if the other fake blogs will come down.

I have no way of accessing the private thread and doubt Sunshine would give me the password if I delurked from her blog to request it. But, a quick search on Wordpress found that she is upset about the parody blogs. She is is accusing a fan of stalking her children b/c one blog posted a photo of them that the blog owner hacked from Sunshine's Facebook account (according to Sunshine).

Sunshine told Wordpress that HHG has contacted an attorney. Not sure what can be done legally, but the fake Holy Hand Grenade blog is down. I guess he didn't care that some "stalker" was dissing his wife b/c the Sunshine Gary blog is still up.

The Wordpress moderator got frustrated with Sunshine and has shut down her thread on the matter. Here is the exchange they had:

Interesting. I wonder if the other fake blogs will come down.

Interesting, indeed. Unless it has been taken down, or she's talking about the completely blurred and pixelated picture of a person in the passenger seat of a mini (which was/is on her public blog), the Sunshine Gary blog does not have images of her daughters.

I do know that SSM has stolen other peoples pictures, gotten called out by the owners, and pitched her little whiny, persecution, hissy fit in her comments. I'm sure she only knows about DMCA because she's been on the receiving ends of notices.

Sunshine Hairy (the blog mentioned in the thread above) is still up, but the images referenced have been taken down.

http://sunshinehairy.wordpress.com/

Oh, thanks -- I just assumed it was Sunshine Gary. WOW, three parody blogs? I like that people are poking back at her. The hate is strong with this one. I'm being literal, not just tossing out an out of date turn of phrase. I really think some of the fundies love us (and everyone) even if they have a horrible way of showing it (or shoving it down our throats.) In SSM's case, I think she would eradicate feminists and fat women if she could (which is really odd to me, since thin women wouldn't be so special if fat women didn't exist.)

She is liar. I made the sunshine hairy parody and then immediately got bored with it. Nobody is stalking her children or threatening her. I posted the censored photo that was publicly available on her FB. She can have fun with paying her attorney because unless she think she is going to have me extradited to the USA, she can't do anything.

She is liar. I made the sunshine hairy parody and then immediately got bored with it. Nobody is stalking her children or threatening her. I posted the censored photo that was publicly available on her FB. She can have fun with paying her attorney because unless she think she is going to have me extradited to the USA, she can't do anything.

You can be proud that you got her goat and are possibly making her shell out $$ for attorney fees.

You can be proud that you got her goat and are possibly making her shell out $$ for attorney fees.

I am proud! Troll Goal ACHIEVED by a right wing christian woman from a far away land. :D

Does she really think her male stalker with the sunshine hairy blog would use a writing style like i did? :lol:

The lying is strong with this one. I'd be surprised if there's any "hacking" at all going on. Her pictures were public. If she's not smart enough to figure out the privacy controls, then she may not be smart enough to use Facebook at all.

As to the HHG blog, I never saw her pics listed there nor did I ever see any threat or even direct reference to her. But interesting how her husband apparently FREAKS about that one while ignoring all the parodies of her.

This person is trying to send a message that they are willing to engage in escalating aggression against my family because they disagree with my personal beliefs.

So who threatened children again? Who -- exactly -- behaved aggressively against children? Oh, that's right! SSM did! What a moron. Maybe she's wanting these blogs taken down so that her idiotic threat is also taken down.

This person is trying to send a message that they are willing to engage in escalating aggression against my family because they disagree with my personal beliefs.

That's absolutely priceless coming from someone who has said, in one of her blog posts:

Men as a group aren’t doing anything to bother women; in fact, more and more of them are simply washing their hands of women altogether. This is a real problem for feminists; it’s why they have to manufacture false threats and give them scary sounding names like rape culture.

(bolded portion was done by me)

That's absolutely priceless coming from someone who has said, in one of her blog posts:

(bolded portion was done by me)

So is this considered blog aggression culture? False threats of bloggily harm?

Archived