IGNORED

Kid Farm: Duggars Verses Engvall

luckylassie

I love the kid farm parodies (I have no idea why but I do). Anyway, I like how the Engvall dad is constantly carrying a baby in a carrier (J'chelle would never do that). The son and daughter that represent J and A are so similar to the real couple (except the boy is geekier and the girl's hair is shorter). Also, the Engvalls also mangled a name to fit their letter theme. Like Jinger is from Ginger, the Engvalls have a Beter instead of Peter. Kind of funny :lol:

I particularly enjoyed BJ's proposal to Lizzie and how similar it was to Josh and Anna's...complete with awkward balloons and weird chain restaurant.

Yes. Also, Lizzie's barbecue sauce face while saying yes was great! She keeps on trying to kiss B.J. through the series and Anna would have never even attempted that. Lizzie's hair isn't that bad though.

• 3 months later...
I think my favorite part is that BJ is majoring in Macaroni Art at SOTDRT U.

Mine is "Lizziewillyoumarryme." (thrusts out balloons).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm convinced that the people who make these are either members or lurkers on this board. *dies laughing*

Off to watch ep 6 and 7!!!!

Here Comes the Sun

Sun: "Are you adopted?"

Batron: "No I'm Batron"

"Zach and Miri make a poo... Promise!"

"I want to make a promise too!"

"My parents died in a factory fire making iPads"

• 4 years later...

So I just discovered the brilliance that is Kid Farm. I don't know why this topic doesn't have more posts than it does. Maybe more people will watch.

BJ is the best character in the family. Cousin Jamie has major "Amy from years ago" vibes, and the priest next door with the hots for the mother is suuuuper creepy.

It's been years since they've done anything, but I'm hoping for more episodes one day. I love it.

My favourite episode is the one where they look for the kid that doesn't exist. Poor Bolivia in the washing machine :pb_lol:

The charity day episode is awesome too.

I went to that site, but even searching it didn't bring up kid farm. Suggestions?

11 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I went to that site, but even searching it didn't bring up kid farm. Suggestions?

All of the episodes are on youtube. This is the first one

On 8/9/2011 at 0:28 PM, luckylassie said:

I love the kid farm parodies (I have no idea why but I do). Anyway, I like how the Engvall dad is constantly carrying a baby in a carrier (J'chelle would never do that). The son and daughter that represent J and A are so similar to the real couple (except the boy is geekier and the girl's hair is shorter). Also, the Engvalls also mangled a name to fit their letter theme. Like Jinger is from Ginger, the Engvalls have a Beter instead of Peter. Kind of funny :lol:

Well the Duggars do have a Peter Beater :)

I used to love to watch these.  The dad even drives with the two baby carriers on.  AHAHAHA. And he takes BJ on an outing for baby gear since he'll get married soon.  

They even have the calendar with a whole week marked off "OVULATION" in big letters. 

5 hours ago, JMO said:

I used to love to watch these.  The dad even drives with the two baby carriers on.  AHAHAHA. And he takes BJ on an outing for baby gear since he'll get married soon.  

They even have the calendar with a whole week marked off "OVULATION" in big letters. 

Why do I feel like Jim Bob might have had one of those calendars at one point, too?

Aww wheni  saw this I got my hopes up for new episodes. Now I'll have to go re-watch the ones on YouTube.

I watched Episodes 1-7 today on my back deck -- sunshiny, so I'm planning to rewatch without so much glare.  Can someone tell me how many episodes there are?  I laughed so hard I probably missed something.

My favorite has to be either BJ and Lizzie's date/proposal or when they go to the baby store and BJ puts on the breastfeeding machine. 

"This feels right."

"No, no its not supposed to feel right."

Jean Engvall kinda is a better mom than DQ sadly. They needed more Sister mom stuff though to fully be Duggar. 

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

They needed more Sister mom stuff though to fully be Duggar. 

BJ was breastfeeding two babies. Isn't that enough?

I think there were a couple of "specials" Like the one where they go shopping for elisabeth wedding dress and the day they set up a charity to help a poor family, themselves

I loved this series! There is also a Honey Boo Boo parody called Precious Plum. I never watched HBB, and to be honest, I hate the fact that greedy corporations and parents set kids up for this kind of mockery, but it is out there for the watching. 

I have to thank this thread so much... I can't believe I've never heard of this parody! I watched them all last night, then re-watched some with the S.O. (three episodes were about as much of my obsession as he could handle :pb_rollseyes: ). 

Archived