IGNORED

The Proverbs daughter answers your questions

NotALoserLikeYou

The oldest daughter of proverbsfamily.blogspot.com/ (who are local friends and church attendees with the Duggars) has an ask.fm page where she answers your anonymous questions. She seems pretty into it and checks it a lot. I asked her several things and she answered them all.

ask.fm/kristenmorgan95

The background on the daughter, Kristen, is she is 17 and the oldest of 3 children born to Valeria, before Valeria's husband was murdered. The mom remarried, has another daughter, runs an in home daycare and goes to church with the Duggars. The stepfather does ministry from home and has early alzheimer's. She blogs a lot and they are the ones from the pics of the homeschool graduation party where the Duggars attended. She has gone to Silver Dollar City with them and slept over at their house. Kristen speaks publicly about her battle with depression, cutting herself, acting out, etc but has gone on a Journey to the Heart and is a lot better now... Her best friends are 3 of the Query girls and some others I forget but I plan on googling later.

I think its an interesting insight to a family that pretty much attempts to live like the Duggars.

Keep in mind she is 17 and a product of her environment and I would hope no one here would be mean to her lol

Here are some she already answered:

Do you think interracial marriage is unacceptable or a sin?

You mean gay marriage? I do not support it at all. Because God calls it a sin. But, I'm not going to hate on the person. Everyone is a sinner and no sin is better or worse.

No, interracial marriage- a black man and white woman lol (thanks for answering the other questions do honestly!)

Sorry I was half asleep when I answered the fist question haha. And oh I don't care! We have a family in our church that the mom is black and the dad is white and their kids are the cutest EVER!!!!! So it really doesn't matter what color skin you have to be married.

At what age did your mom teach you about the birds and the bees? Is it something you can freely discuss if you have questions or is it something not to be talked about?

I think I was 12 or 13 I really don't remember. But, yes I can go up to her and talk openly to her about anything. Now before JTTH I wouldn't have be able to I would have thought it was weird but, now I know I need my mom as a best friend and she knows a lot more then I do.

Can you imagine a Duggar admitting this:

What is your worst characteristic that you have to always work on?

I have a lot. Everyday I have to work on my anger, my wanting to self harm myself, trusting people... that's just some I have a bunch.

What is the thing you hate the most?

When my step-dad yells at us when we didn't even do anything...

Do you get a lot of haters on social media who just want to bash the Duggars? Why so you think that is?

I haven't got any hate ever. But, my mom has and I really don't know why they do hate them.

If you did go to college or had a career, honestly do you think your friends, family, and church would judge you?

No, no one would judge me.

Do you want to go to to college and work and do you think its ok for women to do that?

I don't want to go too college. But, my "work" right now is babysitting and being a stay-at-home daughter and when/if I get married I will "work" with my husband by helping teach our children, running the home, and just being a stay-at-home mom. And for the other question... If God has really called you or any women to work go for it. I know some women just really have too to help their families with extra money and whatever else.

Do you read the Maxwell blog (titus2) and what do you think of their choice to live apart from the world, not really have friends or go out?

I've never heard about it... So... But, every Christian knows they are supposed to live apart from the world and stand out... And honestly friends aren't that important UNLESS you have found the ones that will help you get closer to God. And who cares about "going out" being with your family is so much more fun.

Do you think divorce is ok in certain circumstances? What about remarriage after divorce?

Divorce in certain circumstances I'm okay with. Because if my aunt never divorced her first husband she and my cousins would probably be dead. And if God has called them to remarry go for it! But, ALWAYS talk to God about it.

Does your mom monitor or censor your Internet/phone/tv use?

No, she know (now) she can trust me. But, she could anytime she wanted and I would let her.

If you could be the leader of your country, what would you change?

You can NOT get married if you're gay, fix home school laws, and help put God in our country and not worldly crap.

What things do you like about your country?

Nothing!!!

Do you think birth control should be outlawed, or every woman's choice?

Not my place to say but, if you or any person uses birth control every 2 years you kill a baby.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What things do you like about your country?

Nothing!!!

Do you think birth control should be outlawed, or every woman's choice?

Not my place to say but, if you or any person uses birth control every 2 years you kill a baby.

Wow. Nothing is good about her country? WHy is she living here, there are many other countries around.

Also, where are they getting this every 2 years statistic. And does she realize there are various forms of contraceptives? I'm thinking that condoms aren't killing a baby every two years, even using thier "science" nor diaphrams, etc. hmmmmmm

Wow. Nothing is good about her country? WHy is she living here, there are many other countries around.

Also, where are they getting this every 2 years statistic. And does she realize there are various forms of contraceptives? I'm thinking that condoms aren't killing a baby every two years, even using thier "science" nor diaphrams, etc. hmmmmmm

I asked her about the country:

Wait, theres NOTHING you love about your country?

... I wrote that when I was mad... I do have some stuff I love. Like free homeshooling and being able to worship God.

How long did it take you to like your stepdad?

Well my mom and him with be married 7 years in a couple months so... When I got back from JTTH... He is the one who did bad stuff to me when I was 13 and 15 so he lost my trust and love for him. But, I'm starting to trust and love him as my dad again slowly.

What a disturbing young character!

If this should show us ebil seculars that fundamental christian-raised teenagers are "above" the worldly/progressive - raised ones, the fundies shoot in their own knee.

Oh my God, she just admitted that her stepdad sexually abused her, and that her mom took his side.

I am heartbroken for her. She has to live with him.

"We have a family in our church that the mom is black and the dad is white and their kids are the cutest EVER!!!!!"

Major red flag for me, every time I hear it.

Her stepfather molested her and JTTH convinced her to forgive him.

Thats horrible :( That poor girl.

Also what kind of bullshit are her parents feeding her about birth control killing a baby every 2 years? Wheres the proof of that.

"We have a family in our church that the mom is black and the dad is white and their kids are the cutest EVER!!!!!"

Me too. So if the kids weren't cute, then what? It would be an abomination before the lord?

Yep!

Pretty babies justify interracial marriage.

My 89 year old, totes racist, grandma has said many times: "Mulattos have the prettiest skin color and they're extra pretty when they have blue eyes", but if I ever brought home a black person? No one could save me from her wrath.

My personal fave from this post:

I don't want to go too college.

Also on the BC thing.... IF birth control really does cause miscarriages, as opposed to non-fertilization of eggs, and you're a relatively fertile woman, wouldn't it be much higher than 1 baby every two years? Like wouldn't it be more likely to be one baby every 3-4 months? So like 6 to 8 babies every 2 years?

If you're gonna throw out crazy stats at least try to make them accurate.

She stated in an answer that he sexually abused her.

In other news, God has a purpose for your rapist's baby:

Do you think abortion should be allowed for women who have been raped or sexually abused?

Yes and no, God might have a purpose for that baby. I watched a movie about this a couple months ago. I think it's called In love with the bad guy or something like that.

Her stepfather molested her and JTTH convinced her to forgive him.

WTF? Makes me hate her mother and her church (and the Duggars) and the JTTH a lot more, actually, because this kind of crap is one of the things i despise -- mothers who put having a man any man ahead of their children--and it sounds like said mother has a support system in place to facilitate that.

Wow, I could have gone all day without hearing thatone. grrrr.

Are you guessing or did that really happen?

I wish I was just guessing, but she said her stepfather molested her and she started liking him after JTTH. :cry:

She is going to delete this now. Honey, if you are reading this. Please, please realize that this is not okay. It doesn't matter what you have been told or how you have convinced yourself he isn't going to do this again, he needs to be charged. If you can't trust yourself to be alone with him or with your young sisters, then you have to realize that he isn't "better".

Her mother should be knocked out for staying with him.

Er, shouldn't he be prosecuted if it's true?

Let me get this straight. She's sexually assaulted by her stepfather. Goes on a Journey where the morally bankrupt assholes there tell her she should forgive and forget, and she's under 18 and still living with him?

What's going on in that house? What about her sisters?

She says none of the girls are allowed to be alone with the dad anymore. Isn't that a wonderful way to live? I used to kind of like the mom (as far as fundies go) but this is horrible, unacceptable.

She tries to justify him sexually molesting her like it wasn't his fault. She is 17 and he was molesting her starting at 13 till she was 15. But she keeps saying that he was sick and couldn't help it and now he is different. She started cutting herself over depression caused by being molested, but somehow JTTH solved all this. This poor, poor girl. I realize the father has some illness so the mother might feel guilty over dumping him and I think they are all trying to convince themselves that he won't do it again.

Awwwww this is really really sad :( I really feel for her, nobody seems to care that she is living with someone who molested her, and shes been taught that is all okay, but its not. He could do it again, or molest her siblings too. Its not okay to live in fear of sexual abuse, and its not okay for a pedophile to live around children. She needs proper therapy, not Journey to the Heart. ATI is not really the place to go for advice if you are a teenage girl being molested by an older man, considering Gothard isnt so clean himself.

Archived