IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

I think think that's just wishful thinking if you believe the girls will leave once the show is over. Most have no education or careers. Their parents control every aspect of their lives so leaving won't be easy.

Jim Bob and Michelle may very well be afraid of losing their kids to the world, but they know how to keep them in line. The Duggar kids have seen the world with their parents close by.

I believe the children will leave when their married or very slowly. It won't be like "show 's over, bye"

You may be right that I'm not seeing things clearly, but you have to admit you guys have created your own vision of what the Duggars are like.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, many non-famous fundie children have traveled the globe, interact with mainstream family and friends and have the latest gadgets. Mom and Dad are always close by to make sure they don't become too worldly.

And if Josh is a sign of things to come for the Duggar children, I'm scared. He works for an organization that works to interfere in the way people want to live and He and Anna want plenty of children.

But he wore shorts and on Free Jinger what you wear speaks louder than your beliefs.

I can't go. I have no transportation. This sucks. I was looking forward to it.

Good. It's sad you wanted to crash a charity event in the first place.

It's an open event. Anyone can go, whether or not they intend to buy anything. I "crash" many yard sales, flea markets, and consignment shops.

:penguin-no: Its sad that you are judging someone for wanting to go to a public event.

Not crashing. It's a public event which just happens to be held at the Duggars home. I probably would have bought something, Children's is a great hospital. My baby brother has been there on several occasions, including after HE was born early.

Besides, the Duggar family is counting on people to show up. Its not any more me crashing than if their number one fan please showed up.

I think think that's just wishful thinking if you believe the girls will leave once the show is over. Most have no education or careers. Their parents control every aspect of their lives so leaving won't be easy.

Jim Bob and Michelle may very well be afraid of losing their kids to the world, but they know how to keep them in line. The Duggar kids have seen the world with their parents close by.

I believe the children will leave when their married or very slowly. It won't be like "show 's over, bye"

You may be right that I'm not seeing things clearly, but you have to admit you guys have created your own vision of what the Duggars are like.

I don't believe the eldest Duggar daughters will marry who Jim Bob tells them to. They know better than that by now. One indicator of this? They are shortly to be 20 - 24 years old and as far as anyone knows, no one has courted anyone yet.

And they may have had their parents somewhat "close by" during all of their excursions, but not close enough to prevent significant cultural permeation.

As for me/us "creating your own version of what the Duggars are like", speaking for myself I've created nothing. TLC, Jim Bob and Michelle have created what's known as a "reality show" which is a fraudulent, manipulated depiction of real life. You are the one who has chosen to believe what they have presented. I have a very strong sense that we aren't seeing "reality" at all and if any "creating" is going on, it's the Duggars and TLC who are doing it. But you can choose to believe whatever you like.

I didn't say "show's over, bye". In fact, I specifically said I think some will stay home, some will leave gradually, and some will go right away. But I do think most will leave the lifestyle entirely. And that they can ultimately be thankful for their parents' monetary greed for opening their eyes to "reality".

Also, many non-famous fundie children have traveled the globe, interact with mainstream family and friends and have the latest gadgets. Mom and Dad are always close by to make sure they don't become too worldly.

And if Josh is a sign of things to come for the Duggar children, I'm scared. He works for an organization that works to interfere in the way people want to live and He and Anna want plenty of children.

But he wore shorts and on Free Jinger what you wear speaks louder than your beliefs.

Let's not play the straw man game. That's far too Fox News-ish. This has nothing to do with what he wears. (Besides, they weren't actually shorts.)

I didn't say Josh isn't a right wing asshole. Don't confuse being a right wing asshole (like my brother-in-law who is a regular guy in Rhode Island and would probably totally agree with Josh's politics) with Gothardism. What I said is that he is beginning to drop all pretenses of Gothardism. Working in DC, living in PG County, going to NBA games, big-ass TV with cable in the living room.... He's moving away from it. His daughter is far less likely to grow up believing she has to go to daddy to court than did his sisters.

The Duggars ARE worldly now. There is no other word for it. And it's just not the world traveling that caused it. Step back and look at the bigger picture before you accept the reality show fraud they are perpetuating.

No other Gothardiites do those things? I agree that his children won't live the fundie lifestyle. I think most of the Duggar children will also turn away from Gothardism. My points was walking away won't be easy.

I don't trust reality shows, I'm basing my opinion on the way they live now and before TLC. Michelle and Jim Bob rule the lives of their adult children, I don't think they're going to let them go that easily.

If you think the kids will just walk away in a couple of years after the show is done, your delusional. I think they'll have to wait until their married to leave home.

I believe that the reasons the Duggar girls haven't married yet are the same reasons other QF women who are 20-40 haven't married yet :

1. They're raising their siblings

2. They're parents won't let them go

3. No one has asked to be in courtship with them.

And there are many more reasons they're still unmarried, including by choice(I think that's unlikely).

I think this is another example of taking something the Duggars say or do and making it fit your(and others) narrative.

Incest, Anna hates Michelle, Michelle hates Anna, The Duggar girls hate their mother, the Bates don't really like the Duggars, and now the ONLY reason the Duggar girls aren't married is because they've rejected the teachings of their parents.

Someone posted last month that FJ has been taking over by wishful thinking and ignoring all evidence contrary to our fantasies.

I think that Jana wanted to court someone but for some reason it fell through. She sort of mentioned it on one of the shows.

I believe that the reasons the Duggar girls haven't married yet are the same reasons other QF women who are 20-40 haven't married yet :

1. They're raising their siblings

2. They're parents won't let them go

3. No one has asked to be in courtship with them.

And there are many more reasons they're still unmarried, including by choice(I think that's unlikely).

I think this is another example of taking something the Duggars say or do and making it fit your(and others) narrative.

Incest, Anna hates Michelle, Michelle hates Anna, The Duggar girls hate their mother, the Bates don't really like the Duggars, and now the ONLY reason the Duggar girls aren't married is because they've rejected the teachings of their parents.

Someone posted last month that FJ has been taking over by wishful thinking and ignoring all evidence contrary to our fantasies.

I think the suitors ask Daddy and manipulative, deceitful, selfish fucks they are, if they please they never tell their daughters AND they drive them suitors away. It's within their power. :disgust: I am sick of these guided matchmakings.

I dont think most fundies would let their kid marry a Duggar as they are too worldly for the fundies, but also the normal guys who watch the show and have an interest in them wouldnt meet Jimbobs standards (or might be doing it for the wrong reasons, some guys might only want them because theyre pretty and on TV, or are thinking of the novelty value of asking Jimbob to court one of his daughters and not thinking of actually marrying her and treating her right if he says yes)

Let's not play the straw man game. That's far too Fox News-ish. This has nothing to do with what he wears. (Besides, they weren't actually shorts.)

I didn't say Josh isn't a right wing asshole. Don't confuse being a right wing asshole (like my brother-in-law who is a regular guy in Rhode Island and would probably totally agree with Josh's politics) with Gothardism. What I said is that he is beginning to drop all pretenses of Gothardism. Working in DC, living in PG County, going to NBA games, big-ass TV with cable in the living room.... He's moving away from it. His daughter is far less likely to grow up believing she has to go to daddy to court than did his sisters.

The Duggars ARE worldly now. There is no other word for it. And it's just not the world traveling that caused it. Step back and look at the bigger picture before you accept the reality show fraud they are perpetuating.

I'd like to see Josh and Anna moving further away from Gothardism by choosing not to have a grotesquely large family and using some form of birth control. One of the most annoying things to me about ALL Duggars is their line of "letting God choose" the size of their family. It's one of the most illogical statements I've ever heard. They themselves choose when to have sex or not have sex. Wtf does God have to do with it? So yeah, I'd like to see them quit spouting that illogical, ridiculous b.s. I am glad for the changes Josh and Anna have made thus far though, for the reason that it does mean their kids are much more likely to have less restrictive upbringing/lives than their forbears.

I think that most, if not all, appearances of becoming 'less fundie' are to draw more people in by seeming more mainstream. Ultimate goal is to bring outsiders to their ways of thinking and doing. Lately, the Bateses have commented on giving their children choices, Zach Bates is almost engaged to a young lady with a job (that I doubt she'll keep once married), Josh & Anna have their big TV and show pictures of their kids wearing shorts, David & Priscilla recently noted that Christians can have fun and showed pictures of the ATV in the mud and a visit to the Space Center. My guess is that the powers on high in Gothardland, including Mr. Bates and Mr. Paine on the Board, have realized that the lifestyle they're promoting is a major turn-off to many and in order to bring in new converts they need to modify their image enough to let people believe what they want to. Once drawn in I believe new members would be encouraged and expected to follow the old restrictive rules; e.g., no TV for married couples for at least a year. Was it in the first Duggar special or one of the later ones where they were shown at ATI camp in Texas with a banner in the auditorium saying "Total Submission for Total Success"? Does anyone really believe that has changed?

I think some of the Duggars have sucked down too much Kool-Aid to find a non-Fundie spouse. Obviously, normal people who did not grow up in this lifestyle, would not want to marry someone from it. I definitely think that the people in this cult, who think they're not submissive to their spouses are crazy. J'Chelle is, Anna is. They can feed us all the BS they want. They're at the mercy of their controlling husbands.

Do any of you ever read the Homeschoolers Anonymous website? Plenty of young adults leave their fundie families/lifestyle. Closer to home, Anna has siblings who have left. It does happen. It may happen more often than we know. I doubt most of the fundie blogger families would broadcast it to their readers if one of their adult kids jumped ship. They'd probably just pose the remaining 14 kids for the annual Christmas photo and hope that nobody notices that the second-oldest daughter is missing. Or else they'll tell a little fib about Jereboam going on a mission trip when he is actually shacking up with some worldly young miss and working at a medical marijuana dispensary.

I can't see the Duggars keeping all those howlers under control when they're grown. Those kids were raised differently from their older siblings and it shows.

This is off topic but still cogent. As I sit at the computer waiting for contractors to come and finish a job, I decided to check TV ratings on a few shows. My current favorite reality show is "The Little Couple" and I noted that the show is going toe-to-toe with Honey Boo Boo in terms of ratings. It appears Boo Boo has come down from its ratings highs while Little Couple seems to be increasing numbers. From where I sit, that is encouraging. Then, since the contractors still are not here, I went further and checked the ratings for the Duggars. I only looked at the numbers for the last show of their season but those numbers were decidedly lower than both Little Couple and HBB. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues when their new season starts up. One can only hope that interest in the Duggars is waning.

The show returns on 9/17. What are your predictions for this probable snooze-fest of a season?

Kids messing around on the stairs, climbing on things they shouldnt and running wild.

Michelle babytalking about how her kids are well behaved blessings while in the background Jana is trying to wrestle power tools off a Howler or trying to stop them setting the kitchen on fire.

Michelle and Jimbob spend 2 seconds with their kids through the whole season, while the rest of the time they are either unsupervised or looked after by an older sibling.

Maybe another dentist visit?

Maybe Chad and Erin show up, and the girls look jealous at the relationships they will never be allowed to get into.

The kids go on an "educational trip". Not a single fuck was given that day, they all look bored.

The show returns on 9/17. What are your predictions for this probable snooze-fest of a season?

.Josh and Anna in D.C.

.Courtship talk featuring Chad and Erin.

I can't think of anything else. This will probably be the most boring season. I wonder if this will be the last season.

Going to a charity event or volunteer project where they are hindering instead of helping.

That your either change the channel or it will be nap time. :sleeping:

There is a poll for "Best Family Values" and the leg-humpers are losing their minds because Honey Boo Boo was beating the Duggars.

channelguidemagblog.com/index.php/2013/07/21/best-family-values-viewers-voice-awards/

I voted for the "Little Couple" - but would love to see HBB beat 19K&C . Make their heads explode.

Archived