IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

Well how else is Jesus going to see their good deeds unless it's on TV?

Just wait'll they find out that He doesn't get TV reception.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think all the donated items are going for them to keep. Maybe they're going to donate those items to people in need? That's my guess. If all the stuff is going towards them, then how selfish of them. They aren't struggling!

:naughty:

Matthew 6: 1-4

1"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. 2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." :angelic-green: :angelic-sunshine: :angelic-whiteflying: :angelic-blueglow: :violin:

I'm going. I will go and take pictures and tell you guys everything. I will also keep my baby strapped to me so Michelle doesn't steal her lol.

Maybe I will see Proverbs Mom too lol

I have a picture of her! U need it? How....interesting lol

All proceeds going to charity. I never donate under that guise unless they are 100% upfront about what the charity is, where it is going, what they'll do with the money

Why don't they have an updated photo? This one is old. They have three GrandDuggars now. I hope Josie's part of the intro still doesn't show her as an infant bouncing in the bouncy seat. They obviously had to re-shoot it to include Marcus.

I have a picture of her! U need it? How....interesting lol

Yes please. I don't know what she looks like.

Wonder if they are gonna try to have methods to keep FJers out lol

Why don't they have an updated photo? This one is old. They have three GrandDuggars now. I hope Josie's part of the intro still doesn't show her as an infant bouncing in the bouncy seat. They obviously had to re-shoot it to include Marcus.

Eh, they can just photoshop the missing ones in. No one will notice.

All proceeds going to charity. I never donate under that guise unless they are 100% upfront about what the charity is, where it is going, what they'll do with the money

It says right on the poster which charity, the Arkansas Children's Hospital NICU.

Another person asked if the NICU is subsidized. Even entirely subsidized/funded facilities and programs can always use money for the many extras that aren't funded. Things off the top of my head might be hotel vouchers for parents, refreshments to keep in the lounge, a specific piece of equipment they don't have, a clothes closet or games for siblings, gas vouchers, new rocking chairs, etc......

Having access to money that is donated is really important to many institutions and programs, because its often the only money that is flexible and can be used for whatever staff feels is needed but not provided through contracts.

I don't think all the donated items are going for them to keep. Maybe they're going to donate those items to people in need? That's my guess. If all the stuff is going towards them, then how selfish of them. They aren't struggling!

I think it's obvious they are asking for the donated goods so they can sell them at the flea market/auction and give the proceeds to the designated charity, the Children's Hospital NICU.

Having it broadcast will help their show, of course, but it will also bring out larger crowds, which means they will raise more money.

I understand this is all snark all the time, but really ? How can people find something wrong with them having a community yard sale to raise money for a charity? :doh:

I read somewhere yesterday (and now I've lost the link, sorry!) that the proceeds are going to a fund the hospital has for NICU parents to travel/stay near their babies in the NICU.

I have to say, not finding much to snark about here. I'd be glad to donate things for that if I lived close enough.

I read somewhere yesterday (and now I've lost the link, sorry!) that the proceeds are going to a fund the hospital has for NICU parents to travel/stay near their babies in the NICU.

I have to say, not finding much to snark about here. I'd be glad to donate things for that if I lived close enough.

That's a really good cause. So many families who have babies in the NICU, face horrible challenges in getting to spend time with their children. People think about the hospital costs and the need for affordable care, but often don't realize that it can be the cost of travel and lodging that can wipe a family out.

Of course the Duggars won't do this unless it's being taped for the show. Can't just help community without publicity . :doh:

Comments like that annoy me a lot. Yes, the Duggars don't do much of anything -- charity included -- without being taped doing it, but the fact remains that, when they're taped doing something, it does bring more attention to the cause. Any positive publicity for a charity is good for a charity. Yes, it's attention-grabbing for the Duggars, but it also gives attention to the Arkansas Children's Hospital NICU, and the proceeds go to help them.

Comments like that annoy me a lot. Yes, the Duggars don't do much of anything -- charity included -- without being taped doing it, but the fact remains that, when they're taped doing something, it does bring more attention to the cause. Any positive publicity for a charity is good for a charity. Yes, it's attention-grabbing for the Duggars, but it also gives attention to the Arkansas Children's Hospital NICU, and the proceeds go to help them.

But will all the proceeds go to the NICU kids here we have strict laws on charity giving. Also I get what jebandpunky is saying they wouldn't be raising awareness unless it is televised. This to me is wrong it should be done quietly. All well and good they are doing it for the preemies but I'll bet they'll be another spin going on.

All I can think of when reading that the Duggars are hosting a televised (for their show) fundraiser is I'll see more crocodile tears from Michelle about Jubilee, more Michelle in general hamming it up for the cameras, and more Michelle acting like she cares about anyone else in general. I'm sure that there will be references from Jim Boob about trying for number 20, at the most inappropriate times. I'm sure there will be a lot of "helpers" (aka Duggar special friends) to deal with pricing and organizing things, and the only time the Duggars will do anything regarding the yard sale is when the cameras are rolling.

I also question if this will be an open (that is, open to the public) auction, or if they'll only allow their special friends to come. Maybe they already have a list of people that are allowed to attend and everyone else won't have a chance to attend.

Okay FJers I need Prayer Warriors lol.

Short version. My dad may be giving me his old car. I left my brother in Searcy because he didn't recompensate me the 50 I put in the tank to go on a wild goose Chase. He wouldn't listen to my aunt tell him yo do it (its her money used, he was to pay her back) So if my brother has his way, my dad will take the car back

Which means no Duggars for me. No spy camming, no asking questions, no nothing.

So... be my prayer warriors! God has laid it on my heart to go!

FMJ, maybe God will give you a horse?

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

I don't think a horse would like going 200 miles.

She has a choice though. She could leave their home and get a real job, an apartment and a life. As she chooses to stay at home, she does have family commitments as that is part of living in with your family still.

What if that choice means being virtually excommunicated from her family and everything she knows? To have a choice, in my opinion, means the child and parents are on equal footing. Definitely not the case with the Duggars where mama and daddy hold all the power. I don't personally think she really has the choice you claim is there.

What if that choice means being virtually excommunicated from her family and everything she knows? To have a choice, in my opinion, means the child and parents are on equal footing. Definitely not the case with the Duggars where mama and daddy hold all the power. I don't personally think she really has the choice you claim is there.

Jill's "family commitments" are actually TLC commitments. One could argue the commitment to the show is a requirement of being part of that family, but given the size of the monetary reward involved I'm sure all of the adult kids are staying on board so as not to jeopardize their family's future financial well-being and their potential future inheritance.

Of course, the adults technically have a choice not to stay, and if the show were gone I think there's a good chance some would have left or be leaving soon. For now everyone seems to be in a holding pattern for the sake of the image.

In the case of Jill, I'm sure she's never considered leaving home. She's got Kool Aid in her veins. But I'm sure some of the other adults and soon to be adults have given some thought about what it would be like to leave, just as I'd guess some will start leaving once the spotlight - and the money that goes with it - goes away.

The idea that the Duggar (adult) kids are still at home to protect the show and their image is silly. They're at home for the same reasons hundreds of other QF kids are. The ending of the show won't change that. This is how most of the people they personally know live.

They'll have to wait for a Jim Bob approved suitor to takes them away. It is only then I think some of them will become fundie "lite". At best most of these families ended up like the Kellers', some QF others fundie "lite" or just mainstream Christians. The ones who left QF did so after marrying.

The idea that the Duggar (adult) kids are still at home to protect the show and their image is silly. They're at home for the same reasons hundreds of other QF kids are. The ending of the show won't change that. This is how most of the people they personally know live.

They'll have to wait for a Jim Bob approved suitor to takes them away. It is only then I think some of them will become fundie "lite". At best most of these families ended up like the Kellers', some QF others fundie "lite" or just mainstream Christians. The ones who left QF did so after marrying.

First, we don't know how most of the people they associate with actually live. (However, if their friends the Proverbs Family are any example, there are lots of strange and dark corners in fundieland that we only rarely get a glimpse of.)

Regardless, TLC - and money - changed absolutely everything for this family. These "kids" are not living lives anything like the sheltered non-famous fundies that are followed out here. They've traveled the globe, they interact on a regular basis with normal TLC staffers and mainstream family members and friends like Amy and Grandma's pals, even the young teens have the latest smart phones and the girls look practically normal in public. Prince Josh, while still a douche, appears to have dropped nearly all of the pretenses. That's a harbinger of things to come.

Michelle and Jim Bob's idol is the show now. Not Jesus. Not even Gothard. Thanks to this, most of these kids are not going to grow up to be fundies; some may not even be religious. Hence Michelle's weeping over possibly losing her children to the "world" with the faux marriage counselor last season. They have far, far more kids than they can handle and those kids have been exposed to nearly as much of the outside world as my kids have. In some respects, they've seen more of it, and most of them aren't likely to reject it and instead choose the restrictive, submissive lives Gothard insists they lead.

I don't think you are seeing the situation too clearly if you really buy the BS that the daughters are waiting for Jim Bob to find them suitors. Once the show is over, most of the adults (Jana and John are 24 in a few months and there are one or two more turning 18 each year for the next several years) will move on with their own lives. Some will stay at home, some will drift away slowly, some will go abruptly. But most will move on to lives that will be far different than the ones they would have led had TLC not come knocking back during the frumper days.

Archived