IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

Yeah,it wasnt his fault, he didnt know about healthy eating or proper portion sizes. I hope he keeps healthy and after the episode about him realising he has a problem and trying to lose weight, it made his parents realise that they have done a shitty job of teaching their kids about healthy eating and try to change things so the rest of the kids know how to stay healthy when they leave home. They probably wont though, I bet they dont even watch what their kids eat.

Thats something really sad about their life, how they mess up their child's natural development and stop them from being a teenager by not letting them find themselves and develop their own opinions, so when they do leave home, they finally get the teenage rebellion out, but its worse because its been inside all those years and they dont have their parents to support them, but likely have a family of their own to support.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He lacked nutrients found in other foods he wasn't served, that's why he kept eating more - his body was still craving. Except not more rice, but some steak for iron, nuts for magnesium, fresh, not canned and cooked fruits for vitamins. : ( And, no. Jim Bob and Michelle never think twice if they did a good job or not. And they most certainly not learn from anything, see the Jubilee incident right after a Josie.

Off topic but lately I've been thinking about if the Duggars had popped out the howlers first. If they hadn't had any girls until Joy, would they still have as many "blessings"?

I think they would have been completely overwhelmed if they hadn't had the 4 girls among the first 6 kids. I can think of one family that had one girl who was 16ish and her only sisters were 4 and 3, with a bunch of boys in the middle. I can't imagine how much work she had to do - the cooking and laundry alone would be overwhelming, let alone trying to educate or parent her siblings.

I think they would have been completely overwhelmed if they hadn't had the 4 girls among the first 6 kids. I can think of one family that had one girl who was 16ish and her only sisters were 4 and 3, with a bunch of boys in the middle. I can't imagine how much work she had to do - the cooking and laundry alone would be overwhelming, let alone trying to educate or parent her siblings.

So it's an unimaginable disgrace for them to men to help out with chores like laundry and cooking. When Michelle said she was thankful for having 4 older girls to help out around the house, I almsot... :disgust: Little Jo Anna was introduced as the 6-year-old who changed more diapers than a father of four. Michelle is the laziest, most arrogant slavekeeper that I can imagine. I seldom say this but I hate her. If it's possible to hate a person that I don't know personally... well, it's somthing like her. Lazy boar. Selfish cow.

Yeah, it is so sad that the basically keeps the daughters as her slaves, not gives them the lives they deserve.

I don't hate Michelle. Sometimes I think I do, but then she talks about how she used to be a tomboy like Joy as a kid with a glow in her eyes (although I think Joy isn't as dumb as she was) or you can see from the way she interacts with Johannah (when Johannah was in her prime at 4 or 5 years, she still got attention from her parents and you could tell that she was a very smart kid) that she liked her and was proud of her. Unfortunately these moments are so rare that you'll miss them if you blink *sigh*

Off topic but lately I've been thinking about if the Duggars had popped out the howlers first. If they hadn't had any girls until Joy, would they still have as many "blessings"?

Probably not. That's only a job for someone like Mama Arndt. She's a multi-tasking drill sergeant who also manages to keep the house neat and herself looking great. And she isn't living by Gothard's strict gender role rules. Michelle would have had a full-on breakdown if she'd had 10 boys first.

Amy doesnt need her own show, there is absolutely nothing special about her other than that her aunt and uncle love unprotected sex.

Amen.

I am not a fan of Michelle, but I liked her in the episode where she went roller skating; she was good at it. And I liked how she tried water skiing (even though I got defrauded by her knee). It's clear she was very active and athletic in her past. She could have been an interactive, fun mom with fewer kids and minus the gothard crap.

I can picture Josiah handling the family finances and maybe helping people with their taxes and investments. He seems very bright but I'd be surprised if he got more credentials than what's needed to meet state requirements and make a decent living.

My guess is he will be a bookeeper and nothing more, like JD wanting to be a pilot but settling for a crop dusting plane, or Jill wanting to be nurse but going no further than midwifery.

I think the ones who praise the Duggars for being debt free don't realize how the Duggars lived before the show. It has been stated on FB 19k Jim Bob made $700 in rentals. Of course it doesn't include the donation from the church. Rental properties do not equal wealth. There are things to like about the Duggars but many more disturbing things. One is how they present themselves to be self-sufficient before TLC when they weren't. Perhaps they were the first few kids. I too wonder what their life would be like without the show.

$700? They had/have several rental properties and a cell phone company uses a tower on one of the properties, so I think they made/make more than that. Also, Jim Bob served one term in the Arkansas House of Representatives. They got donations, but I think there were more self-sufficient than most fundies we follow.

They definitely made a lot more then $700 a month. I read their first book as well as seen pretty much every episode. They have several rental properties including a property that has several radio towers and a cell tower which they have said is where they get the majority of their income. He also has the cars and the towing as well as in the past they owned a convenience store. They talked in their book about paying cash for all the rental homes, the land that has the tower, the property they own as well as the two steel frame houses. I think he said it was several hundreds of thousands of dollars for the house frames and the property which he paid cash for. He has always had money he's just cheap and would rather have 16 kids in a tiny house then buying a larger house before that. Plus he didn't want to pay someone to work on the house so it was taking years for him and Josh and John to build it. Finally TLC stepped in hired some people to help so they could get it done faster.

I find Amy almost completely uninteresting, even if she gets to pursue her dreams and go on dates (like millions of other young women except for her cousins). Hard to believe she'd get a show.

Re: eating,it seems most ppl eat the way they were raised.Josh was raised on convenience,so meals like TTC and the like are the norm for him.That's why it's a big deal to him to post a pic of a salad he had for lunch on IG..it's an effort to eat differently.It isn't something he's used to. (or when he said he only had ONE cupcake from DC cupcakes ).Recall the recipes Michelle posts...they probably had cake a lot,from all the birthdays.That unhealthy ice cream sandwich cake with all the bottles of choc. syrup comes to mind.

My guess is he will be a bookeeper and nothing more, like JD wanting to be a pilot but settling for a crop dusting plane, or Jill wanting to be nurse but going no further than midwifery.

Yeah, totally agree. They aren't allowed to push past a very low level. Not there is anything wrong with those things, but the fact is they don't truly have a choice. I mean, Jill's whole thing with going into midwifery was that she had family commitments that took her time away. Yeah, no, an unmarried girl in her early 20s with 2 healthy parents shouldn't have family commitments

Yeah, totally agree. They aren't allowed to push past a very low level. Not there is anything wrong with those things, but the fact is they don't truly have a choice. I mean, Jill's whole thing with going into midwifery was that she had family commitments that took her time away. Yeah, no, an unmarried girl in her early 20s with 2 healthy parents shouldn't have family commitments

She has a choice though. She could leave their home and get a real job, an apartment and a life. As she chooses to stay at home, she does have family commitments as that is part of living in with your family still.

Exactly. They'd either have to (GASP) break gender roles or Michelle would have to actually parent all of her children. I'm just wondering how they would manage to limit their babeez without seeming unGothard.... Maybe God would set it in their heart to adopt a little girl or to take in some wayward teenager...

She has a choice though. She could leave their home and get a real job, an apartment and a life. As she chooses to stay at home, she does have family commitments as that is part of living in with your family still.

It would be a really hard step to take though, when youve been brainwashed into believing that she must obey her parents because God said so, and if she moved out against her parents wishes she would go to hell, and that girls who work and live on their own are whores who will probably end up pregnant before marriage, having abortions and doing drugs as girls are too stupid to function without a headship.

He's described by his mother and sisters as being creative, artistic, and having an off-the-wall sense of humor (whatever that means in Duggarville). Nothing against any accountants out there, but I work in a finance department and these aren't the personality traits of the people around me.

I agree it was probably one of his few options, especially as he's on record saying he is not fond of physical labor. And it's not even a real option for the reasons stated previously. He's 17 in a few days. I wonder if he still on bathroom duty.

Only one more year to go! You can do it, Josiah! We're rooting for you! :clapping:

Creative, artistic, quirky sense of humour...most of the creative and artistic people I know would not opt for "accountancy" as their first choice for a career*. Not as though Josiah has a choice, though.

*no offense meant to those who know, or are, creative and artistic accountants. Would that my accountant could be a little more creative in identifying ways to save on my taxes!

Eh, my headship is like that. He also likes things to be in order though, and is very happy following specific rules on how to do things.

They definitely made a lot more then $700 a month. I read their first book as well as seen pretty much every episode. They have several rental properties including a property that has several radio towers and a cell tower which they have said is where they get the majority of their income. He also has the cars and the towing as well as in the past they owned a convenience store. They talked in their book about paying cash for all the rental homes, the land that has the tower, the property they own as well as the two steel frame houses. I think he said it was several hundreds of thousands of dollars for the house frames and the property which he paid cash for. He has always had money he's just cheap and would rather have 16 kids in a tiny house then buying a larger house before that. Plus he didn't want to pay someone to work on the house so it was taking years for him and Josh and John to build it. Finally TLC stepped in hired some people to help so they could get it done faster.

I'm positive that the cell tower was a one time deal as he got one payment and not monthly ones. No mention of radio towers now that's a new one on me. They admitted to being poor in the 14 and counting specials as taking hand outs from their church this included food and clothes.

Need to see if I can dig up the records again on the radio towers though. Yup he is a tight bastard but if TLC hadn't of came along they wouldn't be able to sustain their lifestyle and I think that house would still be in the process of being built. It's also 3 as one was faulty and he didn't send it back but kept it. TLC came along and finished it for the special or was that the beginnings of the series can't remember as they merge now in my brain.

I'm positive that the cell tower was a one time deal as he got one payment and not monthly ones. No mention of radio towers now that's a new one on me. They admitted to being poor in the 14 and counting specials as taking hand outs from their church this included food and clothes.

Need to see if I can dig up the records again on the radio towers though. Yup he is a tight bastard but if TLC hadn't of came along they wouldn't be able to sustain their lifestyle and I think that house would still be in the process of being built. It's also 3 as one was faulty and he didn't send it back but kept it. TLC came along and finished it for the special or was that the beginnings of the series can't remember as they merge now in my brain.

A. I don't think the cell tower is a one time deal.

B. The Duggars have never claimed to be poor. They've own rental properties and have ran several businesses. Jim Bob was a politician. The Bates have admitted to being poor and qualifying for government assistance(they don't want it)

C. The Duggar did get donations from the church, but I think it was church members being nice. I have family members who attend church and they get things from church members whether they need them or not. There are families we talk about who completely depend on donations, I don't think the Duggars were like that.

D. TLC has definitely helped the Duggars, but Jim Bob and Michelle did work to provide for their family before TLC came along. I think they'll survive after TLC.

Archived