IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

Unfortunately for Josiah, you can't become a CPA through apprenticeship. You need a bachelor's degree plus a year of post-graduate education plus work experience before you can even sit the CPA exam.

I wonder if he even wants to be an accountant, or if that was the only acceptable non-physical labor job they could think of that didn't have the "hazards" of a career in medicine or web design ( for e.xample)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he even wants to be an accountant, or if that was the only acceptable non-physical labor job they could think of that didn't have the "hazards" of a career in medicine or web design ( for e.xample)

He's described by his mother and sisters as being creative, artistic, and having an off-the-wall sense of humor (whatever that means in Duggarville). Nothing against any accountants out there, but I work in a finance department and these aren't the personality traits of the people around me.

I agree it was probably one of his few options, especially as he's on record saying he is not fond of physical labor. And it's not even a real option for the reasons stated previously. He's 17 in a few days. I wonder if he still on bathroom duty.

What does JimBob do for a employment? I know he own real estate, so he just collect rental moneys? Like on the tax papers, what he writes as his job? Any one ideas?

What does JimBob do for a employment? I know he own real estate, so he just collect rental moneys? Like on the tax papers, what he writes as his job? Any one ideas?

All he really does is cash in from TLC. No matter how many dumpsters or towing companies, crappy carlots he owns, it's just talk. Before TLC, they lived in a house "stacked like cordwood", with 2 toilets and not enough water to supply a nice, relaxing shower for everyone for the day. They had to schedule showers. The only decent looking clothes they had were home-sewn potato sacks. (No offense to real seamstresses out there, I admire talented dressmakers.)

He used to do all kinds of jobs that require you to be a real artful bullshitter in order to fulfill them prolifically (politician, salesman, etc)

So no matter what Jimbob says... They barely hanged on until TLC. Have you heard about their 3 course rice menu?! :disgust:

How long have you been watching them? Just curious.

I started them from youtube episodes after they came to Israel 2011. I heard a little of them be fore that but didnt see them on the tv shows. When they came here it was on the news programs and it interest me very much. I read every thing I could find of them and watch the videos available online. Then I learn about their Gothard and read of fundameltalism Christianity. Then I found freejinger.

All he really does is cash in from TLC. No matter how many dumpsters or towing companies, crappy carlots he owns, it's just talk. Before TLC, they lived in a house "stacked like cordwood", with 2 toilets and not enough water to supply a nice, relaxing shower for everyone for the day. They had to schedule showers. The only decent looking clothes they had were home-sewn potato sacks. (No offense to real seamstresses out there, I admire talented dressmakers.)

He used to do all kinds of jobs that require you to be a real artful bullshitter in order to fulfill them prolifically (politician, salesman, etc)

So no matter what Jimbob says... They barely hanged on until TLC. Have you heard about their 3 course rice menu?! :disgust:

I have been watching them from the beginning and I haven't heard of the 3 course rice menu. What is it?

I've been watching from the beginning, read their first book and never heard of the rice menu!

I'd like to see what JB does, besides acting for TLC, as work, too!!! If anything!

Not true about the CPA thing. Varies from state to state but most states you can sit for the exam before some of that. You just don't get your license before you have all of the requirements.

In MI it is 150 credit hours plus so many hours of accounting experience.

I have been watching them from the beginning and I haven't heard of the 3 course rice menu. What is it?

A sumptuous three-course feast of rice with spaghetti sauce on it, followed by rice with "butter and herbs" (i.e. margarine and Mrs. Dash or something), and for dessert, rice with honey.

Nobody said anything about it being brown rice either, so this is an all-carb no-fiber no-protein why-even-bother dinner.

Not true about the CPA thing. Varies from state to state but most states you can sit for the exam before some of that. You just don't get your license before you have all of the requirements.

In MI it is 150 credit hours plus so many hours of accounting experience.

I can picture Josiah handling the family finances and maybe helping people with their taxes and investments. He seems very bright but I'd be surprised if he got more credentials than what's needed to meet state requirements and make a decent living.

He's probably being groomed to be the family accountant. Since Gothard men can't work for other people, and are only allowed to own their own businesses, the other Duggar dudes are going to need someone to take care of the books for them eventually. They aren't going to care that he doesn't have an evil government license. (Right up until something goes horribly wrong, and they get audited, but that won't happen because Jesus loves them.)

He's probably being groomed to be the family accountant. Since Gothard men can't work for other people, and are only allowed to own their own businesses, the other Duggar dudes are going to need someone to take care of the books for them eventually. They aren't going to care that he doesn't have an evil government license. (Right up until something goes horribly wrong, and they get audited, but that won't happen because Jesus loves them.)

Creative, artistic, quirky sense of humour...most of the creative and artistic people I know would not opt for "accountancy" as their first choice for a career*. Not as though Josiah has a choice, though.

*no offense meant to those who know, or are, creative and artistic accountants. Would that my accountant could be a little more creative in identifying ways to save on my taxes!

If Gothard men can only own their own businesses then how can Josh work for the FRC? Or since what they stand for plays I into what Gothard stands for do they make an exception?

I wonder what this family would have looked like had they not gotten their TV show. Were they already building the big house when TLC contacted them about the show? Anybody know the timeline?

I think they were already building the house. I think TLC helped them finish it. It'd had been in construction for some time, and when TLC stepped in, it magically got finished.

It sounds like Josiah will be a glorified bookkeeper, which is definitely different from an accountant. My gramma is a bookkeeper, because she learned software. She can't do the sort of stuff my CPA FIL can, though. Man's a genius at financial stuff.

I read somewhere that Famy filmed a pilot. Please do not let this girl have her own show.

Good God, a pilot about what? An opportunity for her to be open and liberal and occasionally have a J'slave show up and force a grin? "See, our girls are SUPER OPEN"

Good God, a pilot about what? An opportunity for her to be open and liberal and occasionally have a J'slave show up and force a grin? "See, our girls are SUPER OPEN"

oh yeah I nearly forgot about that. She was filmed doing her music "career"

I read somewhere that Famy filmed a pilot. Please do not let this girl have her own show.

Aw let her please have her own show! We will watch it to be amused by her and since Im nice person lol I hope for her celebrity dream to come true after a lot of year of trying. :lol:

Amy doesnt need her own show, there is absolutely nothing special about her other than that her aunt and uncle love unprotected sex.

A sumptuous three-course feast of rice with spaghetti sauce on it, followed by rice with "butter and herbs" (i.e. margarine and Mrs. Dash or something), and for dessert, rice with honey.

Nobody said anything about it being brown rice either, so this is an all-carb no-fiber no-protein why-even-bother dinner.

Thanks!

At the "butter and herbs" stuff, I was fairly sure it was not butter, but marjorine and some ready-made seasoning with a lot of flavor enhancer. Also, the honey part sounds dubious! I'm almost certain it was a truckload of sugar with artificial vanilla (ethyl-vanilin or some shit).

So they kept feeding their this non-nutritious c-r-a-p, but kept popping them out. The only thing Michelle had to do is cook like 16 lbs of rice, then add those shady toppings. She is a really, really shitty housewife. Which is okay as long as you don't decide on becoming a housewife.

oh yeah I nearly forgot about that. She was filmed doing her music "career"

We still don't know what she does for a living, do we. :evil-eye:

She had some contract in Nashwille according to her twitter. What's up with that? Did a record come out? A contract for what exactly? I cannot imagine the amount of crap she must take for her lazy-ass lifestyle.

Thanks!

At the "butter and herbs" stuff, I was fairly sure it was not butter, but marjorine and some ready-made seasoning with a lot of flavor enhancer. Also, the honey part sounds dubious! I'm almost certain it was a truckload of sugar with artificial vanilla (ethyl-vanilin or some shit).

So they kept feeding their this non-nutritious c-r-a-p, but kept popping them out. The only thing Michelle had to do is cook like 16 lbs of rice, then add those shady toppings. She is a really, really shitty housewife. Which is okay as long as you don't decide on becoming a housewife.

How are these children still alive?????

No wonder Josh gained so much weight when he got out. He finally had the opportunity to have food that was actually food.....that and it was probably a tiny portion of TTC or a little bit of rice each meal and he didnt know about normal pprtion sizes.

I wonder how come they don't have acne and how come their teeth haven't fallen out!

I'm an omnivore (although I find most meat products to be dubious and gross, and the meat industry to be less than trustworthy), I eat everything. If I skip fresh fruits - constipation. (Sorry!) If I skip meat? Hungry. Skip carbs and starch?! All hells break loose! Shallow sleep, crankiness. Too much sugar to replace a meal... splitting migraine that leaves me half blind. I'm really thankful that my body is demanding like that, it can make sure I take in everything I need and do not exceed sugar consumption. I pay a really steep price for skipping meals or cutting corners on nutritional supplements.

Yes, I cannot blame Josh for eating that much when he escaped from that house.

Since he's the oldest kid, he had to endure every second of the worst part of duggarhood! His metabolism must be all effed up. It's a miracle he does not have diabetes, but I see him bound to come down with it by the time he turns 40, thanks to the all-carb diet during his childhood.

First thing adults do when they flee from their parents' house is catch up with whatever they missed the most and didn't get. To him it was good food. And that is just a fraction of the demands he probably had unfulfilled.

Archived