IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im thinking of my critique of the Duggars. Here it is:

They are a good family unit, working together for the good of the family. I admire that.

They are decent in way if you invite them to your home they wont be motherfucking every word out of their mouth.

They dont want to be involve to the crap of the world, I like that be cause I seen so much crap and it not good for you.

They respectful to the parents.

But

They dont have freedom.

They dont live their religion faith but obsess their faith making it to an idol and I dont mean making G-d an idol, but the religion rules an idol.

They dont teach adults kids that they adults. They teach they are children until the man or woman comes to marry you.

They follow a man Gothard like he Jesus.

Not important, just my thoughts. I feel sad for them be cause I cant imagine the really happy in their lives, but may be Im wrong and they are so happy with their life?? Who know, but I know I dont want that way to live even Im conservative mind (except for I like to sex).

Has anyone ever entertained the idea that maybe the Duggars are just playing along for the TV show? We have seen them become much more mainstream through the years and I wonder how much of this is just show. Sure, they still have their beliefs, but I have to wonder how much of this may just be a bit scripted. I am very curious to see what happens after the show ends.

Can I ask a general question here about the forums? I'm kind of confused why these long threads are kept for the Duggars, with lots of topics and events all being crammed together, versus for Maxwells and Muncks and Lori and other people there is always a new thread for every new blog post and such? I would think it'd be the opposite, since this forum was founded with the Duggars in mind. Same with Josh Duggar social media and the fact that there isn't one just for Anna. Was this a conscious decision at one point? I'm just wondering.

I was hate-listening to AFR today and caught the end of an interview with Josh. Duggars are definitely back on TLC for a new series; it's not going to be a special.

Im thinking of my critique of the Duggars. Here it is:

They are a good family unit, working together for the good of the family. I admire that.

They are decent in way if you invite them to your home they wont be motherfucking every word out of their mouth.

They dont want to be involve to the crap of the world, I like that be cause I seen so much crap and it not good for you.

They respectful to the parents.

But

They dont have freedom.

They dont live their religion faith but obsess their faith making it to an idol and I dont mean making G-d an idol, but the religion rules an idol.

They dont teach adults kids that they adults. They teach they are children until the man or woman comes to marry you.

They follow a man Gothard like he Jesus.

I see the Duggars as a family that has given up essential liberty for a little more safety and security. As Ben Franklin once said, those who do that deserve neither liberty nor security. Yes, their children are more insulated from some bad things in the world, but they're missing out on a lot of good.

Does anyone know when the D&P show begins again? It looks like we will be seeing Smugger and Anna. Of course, TLC will gloss over Smugger's job, and turn it into something positive and Godly. Blech! It's disgusting what he's doing.

Does anyone know when the D&P show begins again? It looks like we will be seeing Smugger and Anna. Of course, TLC will gloss over Smugger's job, and turn it into something positive and Godly. Blech! It's disgusting what he's doing.

I'm actually wondering if they will just mention that he's working and that is why he moved, but instead focus on the family at home and navigating DC. Say, if they show anything while he is at work it will just be Anna managing 3 kids, and then Josh after work, but never show his job.

I can't imagine that we'll get any more of FRC than we get of Gothard.

When I read this, I read D&P as David and Priscilla and thought NO! THEY CAN'T HAVE THEIR OWN SHOW!!! For what it's worth, I'm a little relieved that it will only be the Duggars. Whether the show continues to focus on all of the wild children and aging older "girls" or shifts toward the ever fundie-lite-leaning Josh and Anna, the Duggars are beginning to expose the cracks in the lifestyle. Also, a show of David and Priscilla would probably be the most depressing and horrific television, like, ever.

I read somewhere that the show comes back in mid September.

I wonder if this will be the last season. This season will most likely focus on Josh and Anna moving, but what will they focus on after this season? Another grandduggar, a Duggar wedding, more dentist visits.

I wonder how many years they'll be able to keep spinning the story about how mature/grown up/responsible etc their adult children are, when every year, another child becomes an adult, and does not earn a living, or get a job, does not get married, does not leave the nest.

It's a bad optic from my point of view.

D&P usually stands for Dog and Pony. I guess I'll write it out from now on, because it could be confused with Priscilla and Not Gay David. God help us if TLC ever gave them their own show.

I wonder how many years they'll be able to keep spinning the story about how mature/grown up/responsible etc their adult children are, when every year, another child becomes an adult, and does not earn a living, or get a job, does not get married, does not leave the nest.

It's a bad optic from my point of view.

I know a couple of people who thought all of the adult children were married.

I know a couple of people who thought all of the adult children were married.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they older children aren't married. On one end, if they're not married they're not popping out a few dozen babies. On another end, if they're not married they're still at home with their parents being treated as children. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I'm 30, married, and my husband and I are living with my parents, but we chose to do that. My father has had cancer twice and recently had a heart attack which now requires him to get a defibrillator and pace maker. My husband and I decided to stay with my parents to help my mother take care of my father, and so that when we have children they will get to spend as much time with my dad as possible since the odds are he won't be around much longer. But we chose to do this.

The poor Duggar children (and I use children hesitantly) don't get to make any of their own decisions.

Sometimes, in these families, where they lock up they entire cast from the dangers of the outside world, the danger itself lies within the the family. And in such cases, they lock their children away from the sources of help that the outside world can provide. Could provide. And the kids have no idea that there is help out there. They think they cannot trust anyone. And they live with with a wolf under the same roof.

I see the Duggars as a family that has given up essential liberty for a little more safety and security. As Ben Franklin once said, those who do that deserve neither liberty nor security. Yes, their children are more insulated from some bad things in the world, but they're missing out on a lot of good.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they older children aren't married. On one end, if they're not married they're not popping out a few dozen babies. On another end, if they're not married they're still at home with their parents being treated as children. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I'm 30, married, and my husband and I are living with my parents, but we chose to do that. My father has had cancer twice and recently had a heart attack which now requires him to get a defibrillator and pace maker. My husband and I decided to stay with my parents to help my mother take care of my father, and so that when we have children they will get to spend as much time with my dad as possible since the odds are he won't be around much longer. But we chose to do this.

The poor Duggar children (and I use children hesitantly) don't get to make any of their own decisions.

I think you're probably right, WRT the women. But boy, once all those howlers become adults, it's going to be hard for JimBob to provide them all with businesses. They might find jobs around their home area, but it's hard to say doing what.

I'm sorry about your father. If I were in your parents position, I would love having my daughter and son-in-law there to lend a hand, and just for emotional support. I hope you have a long time with him.

Speaking of the Duggar boys, what have John-David and Joseph been doing these days. I remember seeing pics of JD at some Gothard thing, in a media or lighting room. And the last we heard was Joseph at the Alert training. But a bit ago. Is JD still towing? What sort of business is Joseph getting into?

Also, is Josiah still "apprenticing" with an accountant?

This thread was originally started for last seasons 19KAC. Then it just morphed into all things Duggar.

19K&C has devolved into a fundie version of Seinfeld: a show about nothing (only with long skirts and more orthodontia).

Maybe they'll have an episode where one of the Duggars gets caught making out at a screening of "Fireproof".

19K&C has devolved into a fundie version of Seinfeld: a show about nothing (only with long skirts and more orthodontia).

Maybe they'll have an episode where one of the Duggars gets caught making out at a screening of "Fireproof".

Also there's a hint of Jackass there.

With the girls walking through the jungle in flipflops and shit. And the little ones crawling up the wall and the counters.

Hi, my name is Jimbob and this is 19KAC...

Seinfeld: an apt comparison!

Speaking of the Duggar boys, what have John-David and Joseph been doing these days. I remember seeing pics of JD at some Gothard thing, in a media or lighting room. And the last we heard was Joseph at the Alert training. But a bit ago. Is JD still towing? What sort of business is Joseph getting into?

Also, is Josiah still "apprenticing" with an accountant?

Unfortunately for Josiah, you can't become a CPA through apprenticeship. You need a bachelor's degree plus a year of post-graduate education plus work experience before you can even sit the CPA exam.

Archived