IGNORED

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ariel

Anyone a huge fan?

I have a tendency to re-watch the whole series pretty regularly.....like once a year.

Right now I'm on Season 4 (Halloween Episode :lol: )

The thing I love: I can always find an episode that reflects the struggles/feelings I'm dealing with and omg it helps me.

I don't see any btvs threads, but merge if need be.

I love love love Buffy. One of my all time favourite shows.

I'm slowly rewatching it with my daughter and getting to enjoy it all over again.

I love Buffy, too. Rewatched it with my sons a while ago, but didn't make it to the last season.

I remember the pacing feeling really bad in the last season, but I suspect it would be better during a DVD binge.

I have rewatched the entire series once. I have to admit I loved the first three seasons more than the other ones.

I used to feel that way too!

On my first watch through I really wasn't feeling seasons 4, 6, and 7. I still think they're the weaker of the bunch, but I appreciate the darker tone.

I loved and love Buffy, although I never really got into Angel, and I preferred the pre-college years. There are some amazing episodes, though - Hush, the musical, The Body. And the Thanksgiving episode Pangs gets watched every year, along with Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving from the Gilmore Girls. Buffy, Gilmore Girls, and Veronica Mars are some of my comfort-food TV. Doesn't matter that I own most of the DVDs, if I run across one on TV, I'll probably end up watching it for a while, no matter what I was looking for or planning to do.

Buffy was my introduction to Joss Whedon, although you'd think 7 years of Buffy would have taught me not to get too attached to any of his characters.

I watched Buffy with my daughter. I caught a mini-marathon of the later episodes recently on SyFy, I think. Btw, Danny Strong that played Jonathon wrote the screenplay for The Butler and has also been on Mad Men.

I own all the Buffy and Angel DVDs. I love to watch certain moments in episodes over and over as when I first watched them I connected to the feelings in them. :)

Spike :romance-inlove:

I have so many favorite episodes it's sometimes hard to choose. I start writing about my favorite one and I think wait..what about this one. Most recently I watched the Halloween episode where they turned into their costumes. I watch them all in order from start to finish about once a year or so.

Btw, Danny Strong that played Jonathon wrote the screenplay for The Butler and has also been on Mad Men.

I saw his name on a TV ad for the Butler and had a "Hey, it's him" moment. He was also on Gilmore Girls for a few years.

I saw his name on a TV ad for the Butler and had a "Hey, it's him" moment. He was also on Gilmore Girls for a few years.

I was so impressed when I saw that he wrote that! But then, while paging thru my Jonathan calendar, I remembered that he was a med school & law school graduate & had starred in The Matrix by the time he was 20. Oh, Jonathan :worship:

Yes! I used to be obsessed with Buffy when it aired the first time - collected Buffy stuff, wrote Buffy fan fiction, was part of an official fan club, etc. Seriously. I was really obsessed. With the show ended I remember sobbing. I think about 2 years ago I rewatched the whole thing and it was just as good, albeit I noticed more cheesy moments.

And Dawn is just as obnoxious the second time around.

I was so impressed when I saw that he wrote that! But then, while paging thru my Jonathan calendar, I remembered that he was a med school & law school graduate & had starred in The Matrix by the time he was 20. Oh, Jonathan :worship:

Aaaaaaand He's writing the screenplay for Mockingjay.

• 2 years later...

Rewatching series now. Still like it. Still think best depiction of high school craziness yet. Does it all stand up? Probably not but I'm on season 3.

When my oldest daughter got married her husband has bleached hair and looked at lot like Spike.  A few years ago, he was in the men's room at DragonCon and James Marsters was at the urinal adjacent to him.

• 3 months later...
On 8/21/2013 at 3:23 PM, RandomTrivia said:

I loved and love Buffy, although I never really got into Angel, and I preferred the pre-college years.

I have watched Buffy over and over again, however Angel? Never interested in it. I tried to watch it to no avail. Got about halfway through season 2 and that was it.

Archived