IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the girls will get a chance to see the Grand Canyon this time or if Stevo will once again veto it.

Are they not allowed to see it because Steve thinks it would be too fun, or because he is worried about Sarah either jumping off it herself or pushing him off.

This. Nevermind the fact that they hike one of the easiest ones in the state. There's no way you could hike some of the harder (just slightly harder) ones in a skirt. No way. Especially without defrauding a brother. :naughty:

Do they own a cabin out there?

DO we know what part of the state?

Somewhere in CO. I know others can pinpoint the location in much more detail.

Heartfelt blog posts will be written...

We really should have made a game out what some might call this vacation. Like make a bingo board where we fill in what we think they would post about in their blog and see who bingos first.

We really should have made a game out what some might call this vacation. Like make a bingo board where we fill in what we think they would post about in their blog and see who bingos first.

The winner would get the complete Maxwell Family Literary Collection and/or DEATH (from boredom after reading the aforementioned literary collection).

I'm lucky if I can get away with one declarative sentence per year.

Fellow ebil (federal) government worker here... your pain was heard and shared by me. Over the years, the ability to write a 3-page response to a direct yes/no question without ever actually addressing the issue was obtained by me. This is highly encouraged by my boss, especially if words like "strategic," "resource optimization," and "statistical analyses" are used. Bonus points for "moreover."

Fellow ebil (federal) government worker here... your pain was heard and shared by me. Over the years, the ability to write a 3-page response to a direct yes/no question without ever actually addressing the issue was obtained by me. This is highly encouraged by my boss, especially if words like "strategic," "resource optimization," and "statistical analyses" are used. Bonus points for "moreover."

Yes! Quantity of words and syllables is of the utmost importance in preparing documents (in my case, for a state government). Coherence and relevance to the subject at hand are of little concern. The ability to speak about policy for an hour without actually mentioning what the policy is is a particularly valued skill.

Perhaps Steve Maxwell honed his communication skills at his old job. Didn't he work for some corporation with governmental connections?

Yes! Quantity of words and syllables is of the utmost importance in preparing documents (in my case, for a state government). Coherence and relevance to the subject at hand are of little concern. The ability to speak about policy for an hour without actually mentioning what the policy is is a particularly valued skill.

Perhaps Steve Maxwell honed his communication skills at his old job. Didn't he work for some corporation with governmental connections?

Stevie worked for a large aerospace company based in Seattle. I worked there, too, for many years but not at the same time. I worked for corporate headquarters when they were still based in Seattle. I spent a year on a project team whose main goal was to streamline distributed computing processes and we spent the first four months trying to define "What is a project?". I wish I were kidding.

All this talk of meaningless, adminispeak jargon reminds me of my favorite moment from the book "Bellwether," by Connie Willis:

1. Optimize potential

2.Facilitate empowerment

3. Implement visioning

4. Strategize priorities

5. Augment core structures

Maybe the bus was so sullied by the worldly, lewd attentions of three godless harlots that it is no longer deserving of a name? :think:

Which makes me imagine Steve telling Uriah, "Someday, your engine will blow, or your transmission fail, because we know that DEATH awaits all vehicles. Will you experience the joy of a costly rebuild, and a new chance at life on the road? Or will you be mercilessly stripped for parts, cast into the crusher, and melted down in hellfire, never to be a bus again? Because that's what awaits when you allow worldly, fallen women to fondle your bumpers."

ETA: Oh, and I *wish* I was getting Liberty University banner ads. Instead, I'm getting those creepy, photorealist giant-animal-face t-shirts from The Mountain, having bought one as a gift for a fellow shelter volunteer. :shifty-kitty: :snooty:

Maybe he saw the sinful Uriah Heep video here and unnamed the bus.

I think he started calling Uriah "the bus" around the time some FJers visited their conference and took pictures of themselves with said bus. Steve must have figured out that we were all mistaking the bus's having a nickname for something resembling f*n, so he put a stop to it.

I hope that pictures are taken of smiling, dead-eyed "children" atop the Continental Divide!

I69! Freak will be demonstrated. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

All this talk of meaningless, adminispeak jargon reminds me of my favorite moment from the book "Bellwether," by Connie Willis:

1. Optimize potential

2.Facilitate empowerment

3. Implement visioning

4. Strategize priorities

5. Augment core structures

I know you meant for this to be light-hearted but I totally am going to use some of these in a presentation I'm drafting for my boss next week. Uncle Sam thanks you!

I think he started calling Uriah "the bus" around the time some FJers visited their conference and took pictures of themselves with said bus. Steve must have figured out that we were all mistaking the bus's having a nickname for something resembling f*n, so he put a stop to it.

I hope that pictures are taken of smiling, dead-eyed "children" atop the Continental Divide!

You and Jezebel beat me to the punch(line). I bet anything we'd find "Uriah" starting to disappear from the Dryasdust2.com blog about the time of the canoodling if we wanted to look for it.

But I have better things to do. Having just seen the freeze-dried smiles on the van passengers (and the important conversational point that Mom changed places with Sarah for her (Terifying's) back's sake, I need to run over to the Muncks' blog for my Maxwell antidote. Or I could just re-read -- excuse me, the previous snark referring to the overuse of the passive voice could just be re-read by myself! I was laughing so hard The Rommate (the male formerly known as The Spousal Unit) was awakened from his The History Channel-induced nap nap which was induced by The History Channel. I'll get the hang of this --- The hang of this will be gotten by me, yet!

Their latest post is up, they are settled in for the night, Anna did an amazing job freezing and preparing their meals, the Colorado air is fresh, the drive was pleasant and uneventful, and big surprise, they ate out for dinner!

Maxwells have gone amok! They're driving a van instead of the bus, staying in a hotel, and eating in a restaurant! I feel faint...

What's next--Skinny-dipping? Smoking weed? Burning Man? Skirts above the knee?

Maxwells have gone amok! They're driving a van instead of the bus, staying in a hotel, and eating in a restaurant! I feel faint...

Shorts!

All this fake Maxwellese is seriously making me sleepy!

From the picture captions of the lasest post, I submit to you:

It did fill mostly up.

:angry-banghead:

What's next? "We'll do some shopping tomorrow before heading up into the mountains and our cabin." I can't wait for the Costco report! :cracking-up:

The guys are all sporting a stubble! Have razors become an idol?

I thought so. John is even hotter than usual. Love the comments about the Colorado air. Just watching the news...our air quality (I bet the Maxwells are within 20 miles of me) today was POOR due to Idaho wildfires. And it was hot and muggy. How miserable must things be in Leavenworth that today in Colorsdo was an improvement?

They are going to meet someone tomorrow at Costco, who is going to invite them to a fellowship at either a nursing home or church then they will have to put together a presentation regarding their wonderful lifestyle. It will take all their time to do that. SO MUCH FUN. Steve will let them get up around midnight to watch the mentor shower and then talk about the amazing show that the sky pilot put on for just them. While watching they are allowed to have 1/2 cup of popcorn without butter or salt and water.

Archived