IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

Maybe this version 136341.jpg

'

Surely this edition allows the use of proper nouns-- the Bible is chock-full of awesome vowel-packed long place and people names.

My father comes from the Calvinist tradition and wasn't allowed playing cards growing up-- and for that reason, likely, we just didn't have any at our house, either. We had plenty of typical board games, and he's a great chess opponent, but never playing cards. I would fall off my chair if the Maxwells posted a picture of themselves playing cards, but I could see them with Scrabble or similar.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My father comes from the Calvinist tradition and wasn't allowed playing cards growing up-- and for that reason, likely, we just didn't have any at our house, either. We had plenty of typical board games, and he's a great chess opponent, but never playing cards. I would fall off my chair if the Maxwells posted a picture of themselves playing cards, but I could see them with Scrabble or similar.

My husband too: his Southern Baptist grandparents wouldn't let him have any board games with dice because the soldiers at the crucifixion threw dice for Jesus' robe.

We have 25 page discussing the Maxwell time of sweet family fellowship in a different altitude. Threads about them are like an extended episode of Seinfeld - nothing really happening but an awful lot of FUN to observe :)

Oh, ha! This got me thinking. In a Seinfeld episode, Jerry would be played by Steve.

Elaine would be played by Terifying Steve.

George would be played by Christopher Steve.

Kramer would be played by Joseph Steve.

Soup Nazi would be played by Anna Steve.

Whaaat? C'mon! They're all just clones of Steve...! :naughty:

They've been back a few days and no unpacking or mass cleaning posts as yet. Though poor Sara has put a post advertising Chris's latest 1 Ton Ramp course. At $595 it's not cheap.

Archived