IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

Smoothies will be blended. Photographs of hills and fields will be taken from the window of a bus going 60 mph (or whatever the speed limit is, since exceeding the speed limit would be evil). Laptops will be typed upon. Responses to blog posts will be deleted. Provisions will be purchased at Costco/Walmart/some big box-type store. DEATH will be frequently contemplated.

I, for one, can't wait to see their east-to-west smiles as they push carts through the aisles of Costco, filling up the pantry at the cabin for smoothies, enchiladas, and snacks. This is going to be a repeat of the best vacation that's ever been had! :dance:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep post last years pictures and no one will know....or care?! It is always the same on their blog, nothing exciting happens. Though I don't even live on the same continent I would love to crash their vacation and see what happens........

Hearts will be opened. Long skirts will be worn. Outfits will match. Other families will be met, and described as "sweet."

Hearts and minds will be touched. Burritos will be consumed. Two animal crackers will be doled out for dessert, but only if it's someone's birthday. Otherwise, no dessert will be had.

Gah, writing in passive voice is HARD! :cray-cray:

No, no! Not if there is an argument over which is cuter, a bear or an elk. Then those who were arguing have to stay back at the cabin and miss the hike to be had. (My prediction it will be John and Jesse, and they will drink a bunch of beers they stole from the neighboring cabin while the hike is being had).

No, this sounds like too much excitement. Instead:

Debates over fauna will be had. Hikes will be missed when debates are lost. Satanic alcoholic beverages will obtained from neighbouring cabins. Alcoholic beverages will be consumed. Beverages will be vomited, and trousers will be wet. Consciousness will be lost. Because DEATH.

Hearts will be opened. Long skirts will be worn. Outfits will match. Other families will be met, and everything will be described as "sweet."

Fixed that for you

Well, the Maxwells are packin' up for their trip "out west" to Colorado. Stayin' in the cabin, doin' some hikin', going on what some would call a vacation.

The packing photos are riveting (lots of food packing and the joys of personal packing).

Can't wait to see what this journey has in store for them!

I just KNEW when I read the title that this was about the Maxwell's. I LOL at FJ all the time & my husband says "Fundy baiting again?" Hehe

I just KNEW when I read the title that this was about the Maxwell's. I LOL at FJ all the time & my husband says "Fundy baiting again?" Hehe

The sad part is that it, the title is taken nearly literally right out of the mouth of a the Maxwell.

Opportunities will be prayed over (but earthly fathers will not be asked) and chipmuncks may be fed. Photos will be taken.

No, this sounds like too much excitement. Instead:

Debates over fauna will be had. Hikes will be missed when debates are lost. Satanic alcoholic beverages will obtained from neighbouring cabins. Alcoholic beverages will be consumed. Beverages will be vomited, and trousers will be wet. Consciousness will be lost. Because DEATH.

Oh, Mary, this is the best yet! You have out-passived us all! LOLOLOLOLeleventy!!!!!!11!!!!!

"Back rubs" will be had, food served will invariably be "delicious" and adultrens will do their "computer work".

Oh, Mary, this is the best yet! You have out-passived us all! LOLOLOLOLeleventy!!!!!!11!!!!!

Thanks are extended to you. A great deal of paperwork is done by this writer for the government, so lots of opportunities to use the passive voice are available. Strong opinions (or any opinions, actually) are discouraged. Frequent passive statements are better accepted so that no actual commitments are made or controversies stirred. Supervisors are pleased by vagueness. Actual opinions are expressed after hours, when drinks are consumed at the local bar.

I spent two hours this afternoon writing a report almost entirely using passive statements. At one point, I found myself struggling over how to make a sentence more "wimpy" and actually thought, "How would a Maxwell say this?" (without mentionng DEATH or Jesus due to that separation of Church and State thing). My supervisor emailed me back that she thought the report was "excellent". Thanks, Maxwells, for your literary inspiration!

Edited to note: FJ banner ad on my screen this evening is for Liberty University. Do they know where their ads are turning up, or is this a sign from THE LORD, calling for posters here to enroll there or DEATH?

If only Steve knew his daughter is influencial in the workings of government.

Liberty's ads probably show to in response to words like "college" and "fundy" being posted repeatedly. The Googlebot doesn't understand the concept of snark which makes for some really interesting results-like the time an ad for shelving units appeared when there was a long thread discussing LIAS.

This will be a richly blessed "vacation" with sweet sweet blessings abounding throughout the trip- evidence that God truly is pouring out his blessings upon them. And the funniest things will happen, too!!! They will spill one of their 8 gallons of driving up a mountain, but then, out of nowhere, a general store appears: and isn't it the funniest thing- the store has their special Steve approved brand of milk in stock! Lo, The Lord will faithfully provided for them in their time of need. Now they will be able to make all of their essential green smoothies they must eat/drink, which have been such a blessing when preparing to hike a "fourteener". AND, the mom and dad who own the store are sweet sweet Christians, and they have 11 quivering blessings working there, while homeschooling, and will be handing out bible tracts to every patron. Isn't it hilarious how they are sweetly blessed to come upon this store first and be able to buy milk from them?! Hearts will be receptive and open for everyone in the store that day!

Jesus' Girlfriend,

Patty Hearst. Oops, Sarah Maxwell

If only Steve knew his daughter is influencial in the workings of government.

Liberty's ads probably show to in response to words like "college" and "fundy" being posted repeatedly. The Googlebot doesn't understand the concept of snark which makes for some really interesting results-like the time an ad for shelving units appeared when there was a long thread discussing LIAS.

And now the banner ad is for some free information from Billy Graham, "teaching you how to pray". Googlebot must think there's a whole lot of sinning going on here (or, in keeping with our theme: Banner ads are triggered by specific words. Offers are extended by Billy Graham. Prayers are suggested. Blasphemy is identified. And DEATH).

Wait, why is Uriah now "the bus"? Was there some type of idolatry that Steve needed to nip in the bud?

Would like to add myself to the people asking this question... have I missed something???

Would like to add myself to the people asking this question... have I missed something???

Maybe he saw the sinful Uriah Heep video here and unnamed the bus.

Now I finally get it: the Maxwells are like the Borg Collective. They are One, there are no individuals, their thoughts and minds are the same, they work and act like a collective. They cannot survive as individuals outside the collective.

And resistance is futile, of course. Any new members (NR Anna etc.) will be assimilated.

Re: Uriah-- someone astute on here noted back in the early spring, I think, that Uriah was being referred to as "the bus" in the many travel blog posts, so we figured that the name was perhaps making the transport item into an idol and Stevehovah told them to knock off that bit of hilarity. If we've had any Uriah spottings since then, please speak up! Otherwise, we may be the only ones left in cyberspace calling the bus by its true name.

This will be a richly blessed "vacation" with sweet sweet blessings abounding throughout the trip- evidence that God truly is pouring out his blessings upon them. And the funniest things will happen, too!!! They will spill one of their 8 gallons of driving up a mountain, but then, out of nowhere, a general store appears: and isn't it the funniest thing- the store has their special Steve approved brand of milk in stock! Lo, The Lord will faithfully provided for them in their time of need. Now they will be able to make all of their essential green smoothies they must eat/drink, which have been such a blessing when preparing to hike a "fourteener". AND, the mom and dad who own the store are sweet sweet Christians, and they have 11 quivering blessings working there, while homeschooling, and will be handing out bible tracts to every patron. Isn't it hilarious how they are sweetly blessed to come upon this store first and be able to buy milk from them?! Hearts will be receptive and open for everyone in the store that day!

Jesus' Girlfriend,

Patty Hearst. Oops, Sarah Maxwell

:worship: You win because you incorporated the term "fourteener". It bothers me when they use this term because "Oh Look at us!! We're so experienced and knowledgable about hiking!" It comes across as them desperately trying to fit into the real world. Or like the new kid at school trying to fit into the popular crowd. They're hip! They're with it! Not! It's so sad.

:worship: You win because you incorporated the term "fourteener". It bothers me when they use this term because "Oh Look at us!! We're so experienced and knowledgable about hiking!" It comes across as them desperately trying to fit into the real world. Or like the new kid at school trying to fit into the popular crowd. They're hip! They're with it! Not! It's so sad.

This. Nevermind the fact that they hike one of the easiest ones in the state. There's no way you could hike some of the harder (just slightly harder) ones in a skirt. No way. Especially without defrauding a brother. :naughty:

Mary C Doates, thanks are extended to you.

I have the opposite work-writing problem: I edit technical documents, and have been on a five-year mission to eradicate all instances of the passive voice from them. I work for a Unionized public utility company, and it's crucial to outline exactly WHO does WHAT. The original docs are full of "The XYZ report will be prepared and filed..." and "The ABC program will be adjusted..." I politely told all the offenders a businesslike version of "But who the fuck prepares and files the damn report? We need to know this!"

Mary C Doates, thanks are extended to you.

I have the opposite work-writing problem: I edit technical documents, and have been on a five-year mission to eradicate all instances of the passive voice from them. I work for a Unionized public utility company, and it's crucial to outline exactly WHO does WHAT. The original docs are full of "The XYZ report will be prepared and filed..." and "The ABC program will be adjusted..." I politely told all the offenders a businesslike version of "But who the fuck prepares and files the damn report? We need to know this!"

I am jealous (or: feelings of jealousy are being experienced by this writer). I'm lucky if I can get away with one declarative sentence per year.

I am jealous (or: feelings of jealousy are being experienced by this writer). I'm lucky if I can get away with one declarative sentence per year.

See? Sarah could totally get a job outside the compound with her special writing skills -- just has to know where to look!

See? Sarah could totally get a job outside the compound with her special writing skills -- just has to know where to look!

Pssst...I can let Poor Sarah in on the secret to passing Civil Service exams. Whenever given a choice, the answer to test questions is, "ask/call your supervisor".

I am not kidding...or...jesting is not occurring.

Archived