IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

Well, the Maxwells are packin' up for their trip "out west" to Colorado. Stayin' in the cabin, doin' some hikin', going on what some would call a vacation.

The packing photos are riveting (lots of food packing and the joys of personal packing).

Can't wait to see what this journey has in store for them!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have to wait-- let's guess!

I'll go first. Some reading and blogging will be done, and snacks will be had, having been pre-portioned into containers and put into the Special Small Cabinet. Rest breaks will be taken, and so will short hikes so that legs may be stretched. Uriah-- or, excuse me, now "The bus" will be driven sometimes by Stevehovah, and sometimes by Joseph. The bus will break down, and prayers will be offered and answered when the bus miraculously is able to be driven again. Colorado will be reached, and so will some mountain summit. Enchiladas. The end.

Honestly, they could just post the pictures from last year and I'm sure not a single person would be able to tell the difference. The monotony just kills me, and I'm a person who actually loves routines.

I hope Anna brings her fiddle!

IIRC, I don't think they take "the bus" on their what some would call a vacation, do they? Don't they wagon train it and take a number of cars?

We don't have to wait-- let's guess!

I'll go first. Some reading and blogging will be done, and snacks will be had, having been pre-portioned into containers and put into the Special Small Cabinet. Rest breaks will be taken, and so will short hikes so that legs may be stretched. Uriah-- or, excuse me, now "The bus" will be driven sometimes by Stevehovah, and sometimes by Joseph. The bus will break down, and prayers will be offered and answered when the bus miraculously is able to be driven again. Colorado will be reached, and so will some mountain summit. Enchiladas. The end.

Their life is so boring.

They need some new stuff to write about, their life is so predictable and boring. I wonder how they would explain it on their blog if Sarah stole Uriah when everyone was on a hike and drove off never to be seen again, or went crazy and tried to drive the bus off a cliff or something.

2 Pringles will be doled out to everyone whether they deserve them or not! Because death!

Forest fires will be avoided, canoes will be paddled, trails will be hiked.

I'd like to see them carve Bible covers out of fallen trees.

2 Pringles will be doled out to everyone whether they deserve them or not! Because death!

No, no! Not if there is an argument over which is cuter, a bear or an elk. Then those who were arguing have to stay back at the cabin and miss the hike to be had. (My prediction it will be John and Jesse, and they will drink a bunch of beers they stole from the neighboring cabin while the hike is being had).

Cyclists will be passed. Discussions will be had and after much pondering and consulting of bibles, decisions will be made that a race was not happening.

How sad is it that this is a lot more fun than any Maxwell will ever have?

No, no! Not if there is an argument over which is cuter, a bear or an elk. Then those who were arguing have to stay back at the cabin and miss the hike to be had. (My prediction it will be John and Jesse, and they will drink a bunch of beers they stole from the neighboring cabin while the hike is being had).

They could pray for guidance over which is cuter, and Stevehovah could help find verses in the Bible to back up the correct answer.

Trying to imagine the nervousness and awkwardness of John and Jesse drinking stolen booze, then wondering what to DO while drunk..... :lol:

What's this talk about "the bus"? I haven't been following the Maxwells much lately. Did Stevehovah decide that buses shall not be named?

They could pray for guidance over which is cuter, and Stevehovah could help find verses in the Bible to back up the correct answer.

Trying to imagine the nervousness and awkwardness of John and Jesse drinking stolen booze, then wondering what to DO while drunk..... :lol:

It's their version of car bingo! Who can find the verse the fastest!

I think we all know what John and Jesse would do with stolen booze -- they'd masturbate, vomit, then pass out.

Hearts will be opened. Long skirts will be worn. Outfits will match. Other families will be met, and described as "sweet."

When they arrive in Colorado, we will see pics of them at a store getting additional supplies.

Costco & REI, prepare yourselves for Maxwell invasion -- you WILL be prayed for.

Hearts will be opened. Long skirts will be worn. Outfits will match. Other families will be met, and described as "sweet."

Tsk, tsk, Marian -- Outfits will BE MATCHED. Sigh, what has your SOTDRT not taught you???

Special family times will be had. And if the extended family shows up, EXTRA special family times will be had. Maybe even with board games!

Special family times will be had. And if the extended family shows up, EXTRA special family times will be had. Maybe even with board games!

Oh, wouldn't I love to plant a copy of Mystery Date in that cabin, fully displayed on the coffee table when they first arrive. Bwah ha ha.

Tsk, tsk, Marian -- Outfits will BE MATCHED. Sigh, what has your SOTDRT not taught you???

I am DEEPly ashamed, and will schedule extra time in the prayer closet this evening. And no animal crackers will be consumed!!

And precious. Don't forget precious.

They will divide into teams for driving, remember, so that the females who are not capable of actually operating motor vehicles can help keep the driver awake. They will share sweet fellowship during this time. Because they rarely have the opportunity for any family interaction, you know.

Do you think they all REALLY like each other as much as they say they do? Do they really like spending all their time together? Work, vacations, chores, church, music, Bible time, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. Everything is a family activity. I kind of think they do like the togetherness. It is all they have ever known. Sarah had a short existence with a more normal family, but it was so long ago and she was so young, she probably can't remember it very well. This is their normal, and how life should be.

Smoothies will be blended. Photographs of hills and fields will be taken from the window of a bus going 60 mph (or whatever the speed limit is, since exceeding the speed limit would be evil). Laptops will be typed upon. Responses to blog posts will be deleted. Provisions will be purchased at Costco/Walmart/some big box-type store. DEATH will be frequently contemplated.

I think they see themselves as Shining Examples to lesser families, and that they have done this act for so long that they don't really have individual personalities anymore. In social work/therapy (my professional background) we would call this an enmeshed family, where you can't pull anyone out of it without upsetting the balance of the rest of them-- this is not normal or healthy; adult children can and should be pushed and encouraged to grow up and move on with their adult lives.

Even the weird Arndts have individual likes, hobbies, and activities-- court reporting, stuff like that, which they do as individuals. The Maxwells don't. Surely Mary and Anna look at Sarah and think, "am I ever going to get out of here, or am I going to end up as a perpetual auntie?" Yikes.

Archived