IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

So apparently they're going to live in Tennessee to start out with, so that Erin can finish university, and also so that she won't have to go from a big house full of people to an empty house with nothing to do. She'll be able to go to classes during the day and have siblings visit. I actually don't think I've ever seen fundies take the bride's comfort into account like this.

Wow. Does Chad have a job yet? Or a house?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Does Chad have a job yet? Or a house?

All I know is that Kelly keeps saying he works in construction. No idea about the house... maybe they'll rent, especially if they're looking to move away after she's done school.

Seppis took the new family photo without Dinah at her wedding and posted it on the blog as soon as the wedding was over.

This makes me really sad. It seems like marriage (at least to the Seppis) means that they're getting rid of family rather than adding to it. I know many of my friends consider their in-laws to be like family, which is a way nicer way of thinking about it. My sister's not even married yet, but her boyfriend's mother treats her like a daughter and her boyfriend traveled with us on our family vacation this year.

I don't think they are. After spending all of these years playing mommy to their younger siblings, I don't think the Duggar ladies are reading for marriage and a dozen or more kids of their own. Although, I'm pretty sure that would probably like to meet some nice young men to date (traditional dating, not fundie courting).

Fundie courting and marriage is their only way out. Also, raising your sibling hasn't stopped other fundie girls from jumping into marriage and having a billion kids.

I think Chad and Erin are one fundie couple who will have no problem going from zero to 60 on their wedding night. Those two look like they want to jump each other's bones. Bad.

I think Chad and Erin are one fundie couple who will have no problem going from zero to 60 on their wedding night. Those two look like they want to jump each other's bones. Bad.

Really? I get the opposite impression. Like after sex, they'd try to avoid each other for a week haha :lol:

Looks like they filmed the proposal:

Debbie August 11, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Congratulations to Chad and Erin…..Mrs. Bates, will we get to see the wedding on a special television program..Love your family and loved watching your show for the short time you were on TV…..Many blessings to you all

At least, I assume Kelly is talking about the proposal, rather than the wedding in past tense.

Looks like they filmed the proposal:

At least, I assume Kelly is talking about the proposal, rather than the wedding in past tense.

Of course, it will be at their expense if they are going to put it on the network or include it with the Duggars. This could coincide with the reason why Duggar girls pushed their book back until next year.

Could be the two dates that Erin & Chad were praying over for the wedding were suggested by TLC and/or the Duggars for filming. If so, I imagine that a contract was signed and TLC wanted footage of the proposal.

Wonder how many Duggars will be in the wedding party.

Could be the two dates that Erin & Chad were praying over for the wedding were suggested by TLC and/or the Duggars for filming. If so, I imagine that a contract was signed and TLC wanted footage of the proposal.

Wonder how many Duggars will be in the wedding party.

Probably a few and Q&A from the Duggar girls on whether their courtship will be similar the Bates.

I can see it now Jim is taking John to side and saying hint hint. :D

Probably a few and Q&A from the Duggar girls on whether their courtship will be similar the Bates.

I can see it now Jim is taking John to side and saying hint hint. :D

Blech. I hope he didn't tailor the proposal to be TV friendly. A girl deserves better.

This'll make, what, the third time Duggar girls are bridesmaids for fundie families? Josh was the first, some were with Priscilla... maybe they can save the difference and reuse the dress for Alyssa's upcoming engagement! Or Zach and Whitney's!

C'mon, Boob. You've got enough daughters. Let 'em go.

Really? I get the opposite impression. Like after sex, they'd try to avoid each other for a week haha :lol:

Unlike a lot of fundies we see here that get married barely knowing each other, they do seem to really like each other plus they have gotten to know each other for a while now. So maybe going from zero to 60 might not be a problem. However both are sheltered fundies so I doubt either of them have had any real sex education, so I can see the :o and avoid each other for a week scenario as well. Frankly I would think being raised with whole purity thing, no touching, no kissing, etc. until marriage is bound to create some hangups which doesn't make for a wild honeymoon.

I'm just hoping that during this short engagement, they don't do the constant hand sex like Josh and Anna did during their engagement. Then again, I don't know exactly how restricted they were during their courtship compared to Chad and Erin.

Wonder if Michael will make the bridesmaid dresses? Will they include all the Paine/Bates siblings in the wedding party, or just a few? Hope the Duggars don't sing at the wedding. The Reiths were talented musicians, but they won't be asked to play at the wedding. I'd rather the wedding were livestreamed than filmed by TLC. It is such fun to snark at a fundy wedding while it is actually happening! The Crown College Chapel is quite pretty; wonder if they'll hold the wedding there?

Kelly commented saying how she's thinking of Michael sewing all the bridesmaid dresses. I just hope they're not prairie style bridesmaid dresses.

I agree! I've noticed that since the first pictures of them surfaced. I think Erin and Chad are indeed a love match and not an arranged match despite the fact that the pool to choose from was limited (like-minded Gothardites). Plus they have been courting for quite a while now, while most fundies go from courting to engagement to marriage in less than 6 months (if that long).

Fundie courting and marriage is their only way out. Also, raising your sibling hasn't stopped other fundie girls from jumping into marriage and having a billion kids.

In that crowd, it isn't a way out. It's moving from one bad situation to another. And I get the impression the Duggar women would rather remain unmarried than get married to a man they probably don't and won't really love and raise another dozen kids.

I would think at least some of the Duggar daughters would want to marry and start their own families. If they're going to be raising children then why not raise their own? Besides, they're experts at using the buddy system.

Kelly commented saying how she's thinking of Michael sewing all the bridesmaid dresses. I just hope they're not prairie style bridesmaid dresses.

Is there such thing as an attractive, modest bridesmaid dress?

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Duggars girls want to have lots of children.

Given that the example they have from their mother is "farm the babies off to the older children while you [as far as I can tell] do very little to raise them," I wouldn't be surprised.

I would think at least some of the Duggar daughters would want to marry and start their own families. If they're going to be raising children then why not raise their own? Besides, they're experts at using the buddy system.

I think they will fall into the, "all my fake fundy friends" are getting married so now I want to as well.

It's got to be a bit scary that not only are they expected to handle "adult" feelings/situations overnight, they're basically shoved out of the nest sometimes. If you're used to your parents making all of the rules and decisions-then one day, it's like you're barely related.

Yeah, good thing they wait till the wedding to kick their kids out of the house, unlike those worldly people who do it as soon as the kid turns 18. :roll:

Exactly. It's been pointed out that the older daughters marrying and strarting families might be undesirable to them because they'll basically be doing the same thing.

They can stay and care for over a dozen siblings...or they can get married and have a *limited* number of their own to care for.

Edited because damn it, even my dainty fingers are too fat for the iPhone "keys".

Archived