IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

A fundie girl who cant cook? I kinda presumed that fundies train all their daughters to cook from the second they are able to toddle over to the play kitchen they bought for them to teach them their place in life.

Fundiedom is full of ppl who can't cook. TTC anyone?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, youd think if they were raising their daughters from day one to be helpmeets, they would at least give them some decent cooking skills.

Yeah, I am scratching my head over the fact that they wait until engagement to teach her to cook? I don't get it....you are trained from all your life to be a helpmeet and yet these girls don't know how to cook? Oh wait...their fundies...it's not supposed to make sense.

Hope Chad doesn't starve.

Sheesh....how many of us so-called independent, educated, uppity women know more about this stuff than the fundies?

Guest LilaFowler
OMG how defrauding she is pressing her breasts against the boy!!!!!

That's the reason I like the picture. :lol:

Has Kelly said whether the wedding will be livestreamed? Anyway, I can't wait for this wedding.

Has Kelly said whether the wedding will be livestreamed? Anyway, I can't wait for this wedding.

I still want to see how big her hair is for the big day.

Sheesh....how many of us so-called independent, educated, uppity women know more about this stuff than the fundies?

Amen.

I've always gotten the feeling that the ATI families are more like tater tot casserole type families, using more affordable canned food (Duggars, anyone?), cheap sodium laden fast food, and other prosessed crap. The VF families (at least the ones who blog) are more the organic homemade "real food" type of people making most of their food from scratch and even growing at least some of their own food. This is just my gut feeling and I could be totally wrong but that's the impression I've gotten from the blogs.

Amen.

I've always gotten the feeling that the ATI families are more like tater tot casserole type families, using more affordable canned food (Duggars, anyone?), cheap sodium laden fast food, and other prosessed crap. The VF families (at least the ones who blog) are more the organic homemade "real food" type of people making most of their food from scratch and even growing at least some of their own food. This is just my gut feeling and I could be totally wrong but that's the impression I've gotten from the blogs.

This x1000 times.

In her most recent spate of responses, she said that the weddings would be filmed, but she was vague as to whether it would be livestreamed, or whether the filming was for personal or public use (ie. TLC involvement).

She also answered my question about Whitney's education; she must have been homeschooled. Kelly said that she is graduating this fall, so unlike Erin, will not be a student wife. She sidestepped my query as to whether Whitney planned to continue working at Sonic after the wedding (or if she's still working there at all). If she's "all skirts" now, wouldn't she have had to quit her job? I've never been to Sonic, so I am not familiar with the uniform, or if some of the carhops wear skirts.

In her most recent spate of responses, she said that the weddings would be filmed, but she was vague as to whether it would be livestreamed, or whether the filming was for personal or public use (ie. TLC involvement).

She also answered my question about Whitney's education; she must have been homeschooled. Kelly said that she is graduating this fall, so unlike Erin, will not be a student wife. She sidestepped my query as to whether Whitney planned to continue working at Sonic after the wedding (or if she's still working there at all). If she's "all skirts" now, wouldn't she have had to quit her job? I've never been to Sonic, so I am not familiar with the uniform, or if some of the carhops wear skirts.

Sonic's uniform is black pants and some vary in whether the wear skates or not which depends on skating abilitWouy. She could ask the manager if she could wear a shirt or not, but she probably would have to buy them herself. I would hope Whitney is and still does work since she is receiving a degree in billing. She may be working since Zach had to get permission for her to leave for the proposal.

I've seen skirts on one of our local Sonic workers. She wore black leggings/tights underneath the just-below-knee length skirt. Maybe not too common but I would think that Sonic would allow for minor deviations in the uniform (skirt instead of pants) so long as the overall look (black on bottom, Sonic themed shirt on top) was still there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen skirts on one of our local Sonic workers. She wore black leggings/tights underneath the just-below-knee length skirt. Maybe not too common but I would think that Sonic would allow for minor deviations in the uniform (skirt instead of pants) so long as the overall look (black on bottom, Sonic themed shirt on top) was still there.

There is a fundie teen girl that works at our local Chick Fil A and she wears a long black skirt with her uniform shirt instead of pants. I think employers are expected to make concessions about pants/skirts for religious reasons. (Especially, in this case, right-leaning CFA)

Fundiedom is full of ppl who can't cook. TTC anyone?

I am of the opinion that the girls are only trained to cook from a young age out of necessity because they (at least the older ones) end up doing all the cooking for the family. Look at J'Chelle...have we ever seen her cooking on the show?! She may be standing in the kitchen "supervising" but its the J'Slaves who are doing the actual work. The only cooking they, in turn, will do after they marry is the first few years until their own unlucky oldest girl can start being trained to take over the work. This is why crap like TTC exists. Easy to make with minimal steps and ingredients that a 6 year old can make while Mommy looks after the youngest blessings.

Archived