IGNORED

In other Maxwell news...

Brittany15

You could always compare notes on the best way to wipe down ceiling fans. Conversations about the optimum frequency for wiping down the doors on your kitchen cupboards might also be acceptable.

Yes! Scheduling and procedure are both acceptable topics. As is family Bible time. Safe topics!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That whole "we realize other people are the problem " attitude really irks me to the core. It can't be us, must be them! The arrogance and complete lack of self awareness is astonishing

I've been watching a number of documentaries lately on the Westboro Baptist Church and see so many parallels between their beliefs and Stevie's. Although Stevie would never stoop so low as to say "God Hates F*gs", I think he probably believes He does. One of the Louis Theroux documents (BBC) even had some of the young 20-something female members of the church saying they were never getting married because they weren't made to marry, they were made to serve God. Maybe that's how Stevie justifies Poor Sarah being so very single.

That whole "we realize other people are the problem " attitude really irks me to the core. It can't be us, must be them! The arrogance and complete lack of self awareness is astonishing

If they keep running into other people who can't hold conversations, maybe other people aren't the problem. Something to think about.

But wouldn't that explain why he was unable to work his old real job, and why religion is such a perfect place for him to hide/escape to? It was the other people at work, it is the other people at school or in sports or in church that make participating in those other areas unworkable. If he / they are there to pontificate, guide and instruct others to be more like them Jesus, then they can deign to be around others. So,they can teach, the can write instructional books and they can preach/sing. They just can't hang out with others as equals. Even the nursing home ministry is set up to have an unquestioning flock that can't really leave. no discussion with equals, no negotiation or debate.

They are packing and preparing bean boritos for their 'what some would call a vacation' holiday.

Some stupid cow went into a book shop and asked if they sold a book about how to have a conversation, it was 'on her heart' apparently. Of course the shop assistant said no, so of course the Maxwells came up with goods.

Poor Sarah and Stevie, you are going to hell for making such shit up all in the name of a sales pitch.l :naughty:

If they keep running into other people who can't hold conversations, maybe other people aren't the problem. Something to think about.

This. I think I'm a pretty engaging conversationalist, at least somewhat knowledgable on a variety of subjects, well-read, and up on current events. Also, opinions? I have enough to to go around and I'm happy to share.

However, if the other person's opening conversational gambit was, "Do you know where you will go when you die?" I would probably be at a loss for words.

This. I think I'm a pretty engaging conversationalist, at least somewhat knowledgable on a variety of subjects, well-read, and up on current events. Also, opinions? I have enough to to go around and I'm happy to share.

However, if the other person's opening conversational gambit was, "Do you know where you will go when you die?" I would probably be at a loss for words.

Or "Are you a good person?". That's another Maxwell favorite. I believe Christopher has a link to it at the bottom of his photography website.

Really, it's so sad that there's such a lack of resources when it comes to learning how to improve your conversation skills. The Maxwells are providing a GREAT service, stepping into the void with the definitive how-to guide. Granted, a quick Google search using "how to make a good conversation" returned 586,000,000 results but we all know that every one of them is WRONG. WRONG, I TELL YOU! And UNGODLY! Even EVIL! No, Steve has the only answer and he's preying on you...uh, praying for you at this very moment.

Or "Are you a good person?". That's another Maxwell favorite. I believe Christopher has a link to it at the bottom of his photography website.

Oh, sorry, it's "Do you consider yourself to be a good person? If so, are you good enough to go to heaven?". And then the message prompts you to take a quiz. (By the way, I am NOT). :)

christophermaxwell.com

What about that other sparkling starter, "are you a good person?"

ETA: Looks like a whole lotta great minds think alike!

I would like to have a conversation with them about coming to clean my kitchen floor. They may be crummy conversationalists, writers, and people, but they sure can :chores-mop:.

They can talk about finding metaphors for salvation and Jesus' sacrifice in the weirdest places.

I'd probably say, "Well, probably to the family plot in my husband's family's quasi private cemetary, unless we've moved to another state by then."

Oh, sorry, it's "Do you consider yourself to be a good person? If so, are you good enough to go to heaven?". And then the message prompts you to take a quiz. (By the way, I am NOT). :)

christophermaxwell.com

Awesome! I am headed to hell per the quiz. It was helpful to know that & to be reminded that their system will not keep my score & so I should print it out:)

Off to buy a handbasket!

"Why no, I don't. It's impossible to know and so I don't waste time thinking about it. Say, I'm going to get another beer, you want me to get you anything?"

"Why no, I don't. It's impossible to know and so I don't waste time thinking about it. Say, I'm going to get another beer, you want me to get you anything?"

My favorite response to that question, and I found this somewhere on the Internet, goes something like, "what, you'll take me to the taxidermist, stuff me, then hang me I. The window with a sign saying 'unsaved'?"

But usually I just say, "the morgue."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the whole "sitting outside their house" thing creepy. Make fun of their blog or whatever, but the whole stalking them at thief house thing is just crossing a creepy line. I also felt uncomfortable when people mailed Emily a new crib mattress, though.

i'm not a stalker, just an fj fan. if you were a mile away from their house, you wouldn't drive by? i've been reading about them every day for a year on this forum and was curious to see the place you are all always talking about. i didn't say anything derogatory, knock on their door or take a picture.

I clearly was willing to cross a line that many wouldn't but while I might make a swing by on a whim one day I probably wouldn't park or sit outside their house.

I just don't really feel comfortable with it. Mock from afar but I don't even feel comfortable with people trying to figure out where josh duggar lives based on his Instagram posts.

Again, just not my thing at all. The people here who friended Emily's dh on fb was just too much for me too. Clearly he didn't mind but I just don't feel comfortable crossing that line.

I just don't really feel comfortable with it. Mock from afar but I don't even feel comfortable with people trying to figure out where josh duggar lives based on his Instagram posts.

Again, just not my thing at all. The people here who friended Emily's dh on fb was just too much for me too. Clearly he didn't mind but I just don't feel comfortable crossing that line.

Not to derail but I have to say with all of the information about people available on the Internet, it has been very tempting for me to look up a lot of people I have not seen in years and I do. I think it is important though to have a line. Mine is no contact every of any sort. That means email communication, driving by a person's house, nothing. It makes it easier for me to live my life in peace and not get drawn into other people's lives. Having said that, it would be hard for me not to drive by the Maxwell's house if I lived nearby. I would do just that though. I wouldn't stop, wouldn't take a picture... But even that would be too much. With my son going away to college next month, I am going to be alone for the first time in my entire life. It's going to be me and the dog. It will be important relate to real people in real life every day and not live my life vicariously. Other people have fuller lives and can afford to do this sort of thing. I can't.

And hey, Stevie -- how 'bout "My regards to your father and your family". And, if he really wanted to give her father his regards, wouldn't he just do so personally rather than on his own blog? Ugh.

Fill me in- who is Rebecca K.?

i'm not a stalker, just an fj fan. if you were a mile away from their house, you wouldn't drive by? i've been reading about them every day for a year on this forum and was curious to see the place you are all always talking about. i didn't say anything derogatory, knock on their door or take a picture.

I wouldn't drive by if I had the chance. I am a FJ fan too but I personally feel it does not reflect well on the group for its members to engage in stalkerish behavior. Not only is it creepy but it confirms the fears about the secular world to people like the Maxwell family.

I don't agree with their beliefs but they should not have to worry about one of us sitting outside their house. I wouldn't appreciate it if they were doing the same to me or any other FJ member.

I think there is a difference in I wonder what their house looks like I am going to drive by and "I am sitting outside the house" or driving by more than once.

I agree with others, it seems creepy and over the line. That doesn't mean your intent was bad, but probably not a good idea for others to emulate.

Archived