IGNORED

In other Maxwell news...

Brittany15

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In other Maxwell used they had an extremely normal family dinner. Oh wait they called it a surprise party...

Ooh! Ooh! Were there (meatless) burritos and maybe even...Pepsi? Perhaps they had a very special meal of Middle Eastern dishes, catered by their new friends from Yemen?

...rushing off to read the exciting details...

How great a conversationalist can you be when you hang out with the same 14 people all the time?

I will admit John's looking good with his hair and sideburns a little longer.

Random observations:

The four pink streamers hanging from the doorway reminds me of four animal crackers.

In the picture of Teri kneeling with the little girls and the balloons, she looks so happy and really pretty.

I seriously covet their tile flooring.

The picture of Sarah captioned "our faithful lettuce chopper" is quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen. It kind of says it all about her situation. :cry:

Perhaps they had a very special meal of Middle Eastern dishes, catered by their new friends from Yemen?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The surprise party was....like every other dinner they've had. I will say their garage sign was clever. Anyone notice the homemade cards? I guess that's a new Maxwell past time. It just seems incredibly boring to see the same people over and over again. To do the same thing over and over again. What birthday celebration hasn't included the same people with a "special" dinner and presents? It's like these people don't even realize they are allowed to invite other people outside their immediate family. Sigh. What will happen when Steve passes? I imagine quite a few will have a nervous breakdown.

I really hope that there was more than one pan of enchiladas because that thing looked small.

The Maxwells and the Duggars always leave me with the same question. How the hell are these people not bored with each other? They do everything together and have very little contact with the outside world. What can they talk about other than the Bible? Although, in the case of the Duggars, I have never bought that they were particularly well versed in it. I can talk to my friends everyday and the conversations will never be the same because we are out in the world everyday. There is always something new and interesting going on. What did these people do today that will be different than yesterday or tomorrow? What great "conversations" are going on? Oh to be a fly on the wall of the Maxwell house.

Also, it seems like 80% of the pictures of the women in the Maxwell family has them standing in the kitchen cooking something. It's always the same type of pic either chopping something or standing in front of the blender making a shake.

The picture of Sarah captioned "our faithful lettuce chopper" is quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen. It kind of says it all about her situation. :cry:

Exactly my thoughts as well. Sounds like Jesus' Girl Mary is talking about one of her nieces but it's her 31 year old sister...

I feel really sorry for Sarah :( She is just a faithful lettuce chopper, who doesnt appear to have a personality.

Jesus' Girl wrote

we had originally decided to have Mom’s family birthday party a month early. However that birthday party had already been canceled due to unavoidable conflicts.

Tuesday was the only available evening for everyone to gather,

OK they go on their trips, but how the hell are these people ever busy to find time for a party? Except for the elderly church, they are always at home cleaning, fixing Uriah, doing 1ton romp stuff, back rubs, shipping books or Bible Timeâ„¢.

Jesus' Girl wrote

Dad and Mom were going to do Kansas City shopping

Most people would write Mum and Dad, but stevie has to go first. Plus how does Teri go shopping? She would not be able to buy anything and would spend the whole time praying that it was laid on Stevie's heart that she needs a new.... Whilst he spends the whole time prying on women to "stoop down" so he sneaks a peak - then blames his pervey ways on said woman's headship. :naughty:

DSC_2815-220x400.jpg

NIKE, I've been defrauded by Teri's calf. I blame it on you Stevie as her headship as I had lustful thoughts. :angry-banghead:

They don't mention whether Stevie was in on the surprise. I would think the way they ration food in their household, the "kids" would have had to obtain permission from him to use any of the supplies, wouldn't they?

And four streamers, yes. You can only have four. No more.

And I think little Joshua is cute, what with all the plastic foods in his overalls pockets. But then I had to do a double-take on the photo of him holding the blue bottle. Looks like a bottle of Mylanta.

ETA: And, Jesse forgot to shave for the event. And him reading "Where's Baby Bear?" to Joshua is an interesting pick. I wonder if the book has been altered (like they used to alter piano music to blot out the heathen words) so that at the end, Baby Bear is found in the prayer closet at the elderly home during a conference eating an animal cookie and a stolen burrito and thinking about death.

I wonder how a Maxwell would deal with a real surprise party. They would either be completely traumatized and cry for Daddy (even if theyre adults) or completely explode with excitement like a small child would.

But then I had to do a double-take on the photo of him holding the blue bottle. Looks like a bottle of Mylanta.

th.

I think it looks like a Jr.hip flask. Not even 18months old yet, and his family has driven him to drink.

Baby Bear is found in the prayer closet at the elderly home during a conference eating an animal cookie and a stolen burrito and thinking about death.

Oh god. This is so awful and on point. The Maxwells depress me.

Looks like Jesus' Girl has picked up Poor Sarah's passive voice.

As soon as they left for their shopping, food preparing, house decorating, present wrapping, and other creating went into full swing. In about four hours, everything was accomplished just in time as a super surprised, happy Mom walked in!

ETA:

Damn Teri is pretty skinny. Do they really ration all the food or just "treats". How extreme is the rationing?

Steve rations their food and makes sure it doesn't taste good to guard his family against the sin of gluttony:

I suppose my greatest fleshly struggle is with eating too much. I know mentally what my body appropriately needs to sustain itself, yet, I often choose excess. A person can know what's right to do but still struggle because the flesh is weak. I suspect that most reading this have a struggle with excess in some areas.

Jesus said we are to watch and pray if we are to avoid giving in to a temptation. Watch means as we would expect—to be vigilant and observant for those things that are contrary to the Spirit. It means we are to make a conscious decision, a choice that we will be on guard against a temptation to do something to which the Spirit has said, "No." For me the majority of the problem is that I really don't want to be on guard against the temptation of eating too much, because I enjoy it. We prefer to embrace the temptation. A poor defense indeed would be for the soldier to be on the front line watching and guarding, but when the enemy comes near, he gives him a big hug.

To take it a step further, we could look at what leads to overeating. Isn't it being covetous of good tasting things and the pleasure they afford us? I don't know about you, but I have yet to covet food like lettuce, brussel sprouts, and carrots. We covet the things that thrill the taste buds. "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God" (Ephesians 5:5). We might be tempted to excuse being covetous, but when a covetous man is called an idolater, there is no mistaking it for the sin that it is.

If you eat more calories than your body requires or food that tastes good then you've made eating into an idol and you're sinning. Also, it's a standard cult technique to underfeed your followers so they won't be able to think very well. For what it's worth, though, I don't think NRAnna and Chris follow this edict. She's put together some pretty spectacular-looking dessert buffets at their house.

Damn Teri is pretty skinny. Do they really ration all the food or just "treats". How extreme is the rationing?

I was going to say the same thing, she looks so slight in that picture. I'm pretty sure I read on this forum somewhere that they are on 1200 calories a day, but I can't verify that. I believe they also do a fair bit of exercise through the day as well

I thought the four strips of crepe paper hanging limply from the doorway ("party decorations") was just so sad...and pretty symbolic of the Maxwell experience.

I don't get their insistence on posting a photograph of people posed around the table every.single.time they have a gathering? (I'd say "party", but that would imply something fun, which is NOT ALLOWED) It's not as though there are ever people there besides their immediate family. And, Steve, we are all too familiar with your kitchen appliances and cutlery, since your daughters pose with them constantly. Perhaps they should start posing with the items in your laundry room to add some excitement to your website...

Most people would write Mum and Dad, but stevie has to go first.

I have always noticed that and it really bugs me. The "children" NEVER write "Mom and Dad"; Dad ALWAYS comes first.

I was going to say the same thing, she looks so slight in that picture. I'm pretty sure I read on this forum somewhere that they are on 1200 calories a day, but I can't verify that. I believe they also do a fair bit of exercise through the day as well

I saw some of the family (not Sarah and only one of the boys) in June and spent a whole hour staring attentively at Teri. :shifty-kitty: Yes, they are all very slender but not unhealthily so, I'd say. Stevo actually has a tiny paunch!

They do a lot of walking and hiking. They probably get enough food but nearly everything they serve looks unappetizing.

Teri and the girls are much more attractive/conventionally good looking/prettier than in their pictures. I think they are not a very photogenic family. Steve is the only very creepy looking one in person. It is the expression in his eyes and general demeanor not the looks though. :mrgreen:

I have always noticed that and it really bugs me. The "children" NEVER write "Mom and Dad"; Dad ALWAYS comes first.

Yep, I've noticed it, too. Because Dad deserves the respect of being listed first, ALWAYS. Yeah, don't bother respecting the woman who worked her butt off raising you while your father sat around portioning out food (that your mother cooked) and making your life HELL.

Thinking back, I really can't recall seeing any other foods except for the famous burritos, enchiladas and other casserole/one-dish-y type meals. Correct me if I'm wrong but have they ever featured a meal with things like roast chicken, veggies (not including salads), potatoes and the like?

For the most part, the meals they talk about seem very uninspired, underseasoned and repititious. I guess bland and boring food sort of makes sense if you don't want to be tempted by it, but even so, if blah is all you know you can still develop a taste for it. Hence the strict portioning. (They'd probably love a former friend of mine who invited a bunch of us over for a Mexican "feast"--her term--and proceeded to serve us each 2 tablespoons of guacamole, 6 chips, one enchilada, a quarter cup of beans and a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. That was IT, once it was gone--in about 5 seconds--there was no more. She had planned, shopped and portioned the meal exactly. It was how she had been raised--not fundie or anything but by a parent who had MAJOR issues with food that she passed down to her daughter. Ellen NEVER snacked, planned and followed her daily menus exactly and had a lot of trouble eating in restaurants or at someone else's home. She would have made a nifty Maxwell.)

Not that I couldn't use a nice helping of Maxwellian discipline when it comes to food (I'm an overeater whose weight has fluctuated 100+ pounds over the years) but like everything they do, they take it to such extremes.

Thinking back, I really can't recall seeing any other foods except for the famous burritos, enchiladas and other casserole/one-dish-y type meals. Correct me if I'm wrong but have they ever featured a meal with things like roast chicken, veggies (not including salads), potatoes and the like?

For the most part, the meals they talk about seem very uninspired, underseasoned and repititious. I guess bland and boring food sort of makes sense if you don't want to be tempted by it, but even so, if blah is all you know you can still develop a taste for it. Hence the strict portioning. (They'd probably love a former friend of mine who invited a bunch of us over for a Mexican "feast"--her term--and proceeded to serve us each 2 tablespoons of guacamole, 6 chips, one enchilada, a quarter cup of beans and a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. That was IT, once it was gone--in about 5 seconds--there was no more. She had planned, shopped and portioned the meal exactly. It was how she had been raised--not fundie or anything but by a parent who had MAJOR issues with food that she passed down to her daughter. Ellen NEVER snacked, planned and followed her daily menus exactly and had a lot of trouble eating in restaurants or at someone else's home. She would have made a nifty Maxwell.)

Not that I couldn't use a nice helping of Maxwellian discipline when it comes to food (I'm an overeater whose weight has fluctuated 100+ pounds over the years) but like everything they do, they take it to such extremes.

I had a friend who married into a family like that -- strict portion control. Her MIL was awful. She would discourage my friend from eating an apple unless there was someone else who was willing to eat THE OTHER HALF. Can you imagine? And my friend was a real foodie -- loved to cook and set pretty tables. I lost touch with her so I'm not sure how/if that marriage lasted.

I had a friend who married into a family like that -- strict portion control. Her MIL was awful. She would discourage my friend from eating an apple unless there was someone else who was willing to eat THE OTHER HALF. Can you imagine? And my friend was a real foodie -- loved to cook and set pretty tables. I lost touch with her so I'm not sure how/if that marriage lasted.

WTH? I can easily eat two apples in one sitting. :cray-cray:

Archived