IGNORED

Is Sunshine Mary's husband a nurse?

YPestis

There is a Sunshine Mary thread on GOMI in their "fundie blogging" forum and this post caught my attention:

http://getoffmyinternets.net/forums/fun ... ry/page-2/

SSM is a real person and most of the details on the blog are real (although some are misleading: she constantly implies that her doctor is a husband by talking about his pager and him "working late at the hospital," when in fact he's a male nurse).

Now, I'm the last person to snark about male nurses as I think the nursing profession is in desperate need of good, male nurses. However, given SSM's fixation with gender roles and her worship of her husband, dubbed "Holy Hand Grenade", his possible job threw me for a loop. (Plus, the husband seems to be a first rate chauvinist A-hole with the ego the size of Texas).

I don't know much about Sunshine Mary, only that she's a misogynist, self-hating fundie who may be into some kinky stuff. I also know that her husband used to cheat on her, and that she took up the submissive wife thing to get him to stop (and also that her husband is one of those elusive Alpha Males that every girl wets their panties on sight for).

Does anyone know what her husband's job is? I did a simple search on her blog and she mentions that he works with the hospital staff which is "predominately female" and that he carries a pager (there's a pager story related to the evil feminist women he works with). However, she's kept his job description deliberately vague. If SSM's husband is in a traditional female profession....well, that could really put her writings in new light! Can anyone offer up any information on this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So her doctor is a husband? That cracked me up!

It would great if Mr. Mary was a murse. Just because it is one more example of her hypocrisy.

Well, if he's a nurse who carries pager then he could be a CRNA (nurse anesthetist), transport/flight nurse, maybe a nurse manager. Bit more ego with these folks, seems like a higher % of men in these areas.

Well, if he's a nurse who carries pager then he could be a CRNA (nurse anesthetist), transport/flight nurse, maybe a nurse manager. Bit more ego with these folks, seems like a higher % of men in these areas.

My hospital uses pagers instead of a call light system. We also use them to text questions and info between doctors, nurses, pharmacy etc. A buzzing pager can mean "Time for you to go crack somebody's chest!" or "Somebody pooped and the CNA is all tied up." You're probably right that he does have a fancier job than floor nurse. The glass escalator is a well documented phenomena for males in the nursing profession.

Ok, I'm no expert on nursing hiearchy, so maybe the pager story will clarify things:

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/inter-gender-conflict-in-the-work-place-part-2-physical-aggression-between-male-and-female-employees/

In his place of employment, it is sometimes necessary for some employees to carry dedicated pagers in order to deal with a particular kind of possible crisis.

It sounds like they rotate the pager among each other. There is a another mention elsewhere that SSM's hubby works with a "predominately female" population of the hospital staff (and hate it because modern women are bitches). It sounds like he works with the nurses, although I've seen various hospital staff with pagers.

Anyway, I just think it's funny that the "Holy Hand Grenade" may be in a profession that is touted by even fundies as a "great" job for the womenfolk because it allows for full expression of their femininity and not in direct competition with the menz. If a fundie man is in a profession looked down as "women's work", I wonder how he deals with that?

Hi, I'm aware of the SSM family's IRL identity, and although I don't want to post her husband's full details in public, yes, he is a murse. Another interesting thing (although this is mostly just speculation) is that I think SSM actually outearns him, or at least has at one point. When you consider his apparent belief system, that sure explains a few things about his personality.

...Does anyone know what her husband's job is? I did a simple search on her blog and she mentions that he works with the hospital staff which is "predominately female" and that he carries a pager (there's a pager story related to the evil feminist women he works with). However, she's kept his job description deliberately vague. If SSM's husband is in a traditional female profession....well, that could really put her writings in new light! Can anyone offer up any information on this?

I did a Google search of Sunshine [middle name] one bored afternoon, and a few other searches based on the search results I received led me to a public salary disclosure site for her husband's workplace. He is listed as a Registered Nurse in Cardiology Unit.

Her Twitter is very :? :

What a high-maintenance, self-centered, disloyal bitch of a wife I was. APPRECIATE THE MALE NURSE YOU DUMB BITCH I screamed to myself

What is the problem with making a sandwich for your man if he wants one? Ignore his weight problem Mary IGNORE IT

Women love violent men. Muslim men are violent, including being violent against misbehaving women lol

You know what occurs to me about physical chastisement just now? That our laws against domestic violence put men’s eternal souls in peril.

"I told you. But then you didn’t listen and you f-cked it up. That’s girl logic." - My husband

And what on earth does this mean???

HHG asked me not to put sharp razors into my arms because it dulls the blades and warps the handles, but sometimes I sneak them in anyway.

He’s reprimanded me for it a few times, rather harshly the last time. I seem to be intent on rebelling against him on this point.

Can anyone fill me in on the origin of the nickname holy hand grenade? I don't really get it

It's a Monty Python reference, Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

Her Twitter is very :? :

And what on earth does this mean???

I think it's a faux twitter account, mocking her based on things she has said on her blog.

As a female physician, I am amused to no end that Mr. Shitstain is a male nurse. I love to picture him taking orders from women all day while his wife clings so hard to gender roles for his attention. Alpha male my butt.

(Of course I love male nurses in general)

I think it's a faux twitter account, mocking her based on things she has said on her blog.

How scary is it that she's so crazy, it never even occurred to me that it was a fake??

It didn't occur to me, either, that it was fake, until I got to this:

HHG asked me not to put sharp razors into my arms because it dulls the blades and warps the handles, but sometimes I sneak them in anyway.

I recalled that she mentioned in one of her blog postings that her husband refused to buy a new dishwasher when theirs broke, and he couldn't fix it himself, because she wouldn't obey him when he told her not to be putting the sharp knives in the dishwasher as it dulls the blades and warps the handles.

It didn't occur to me, either, that it was fake, until I got to this:

I recalled that she mentioned in one of her blog postings that her husband refused to buy a new dishwasher when theirs broke, and he couldn't fix it himself, because she wouldn't obey him when he told her not to be putting the sharp knives in the dishwasher as it dulls the blades and warps the handles.

Passive aggressiveness is SO alpha. :roll:

I wonder if SSM's pal Lori knows about Mr. Sunshine being a nurse. Lori bitched sometime back about not enough men working in healthcare.

LOL!! From her blog...

sunshinemary Post author August 6, 2013 at 11:04 am

Hello everyone,

Just an FYI: someone has started a fake blog under my name and is writing bizarre erotica under my and HHG’s handles. If you read comments somewhere or read this person’s blog, and it purports to be me but is very out of character, you can safely assume it is this obsessed stalker and not me. I’ve contacted wordpress but it may be one of those things that I just have to live with.

Oh, and they are using Red Pill Wifey’s IP address, so if you get a comment on your blog under my name and Red Pill’s IP, you can disregard it. At first I thought I knew who it was, but then I realized that it wasn’t who I thought it was. It is someone from a feminist hate site that sometimes writes nasty articles about me; they’ve now moved on to writing nasty articles that are supposedly by me. The person attempted to doxx me as well, but I no longer blog under an assumed identity as I did in the past, so they really aren’t revealing anything.

Oh, AND they said that the pictures I have posted of myself are probably a decade old. This is fantastic and I love it! I will be posting more pictures and possibly some video of myself because I would like to hear more commenters discussing my forties face and saying how it must be a picture from when I was in my thirties! I’ll never get tired of that, friends, not even when trolls say it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thank you to my new little hate stalkers for the kudos.

LOL!! From her blog...

I'm looking forward to seeing her videos. Funny, how she's so vain that she thinks people are complimenting her on her supposedly decades younger skin. I interpreted the comments to mean they were snarking on her. I've only seen one photo, but she looks her age. She's not ugly, but she doesn't look 34 either.

I'm looking forward to seeing her videos. Funny, how she's so vain that she thinks people are complimenting her on her supposedly decades younger skin. I interpreted the comments to mean they were snarking on her. I've only seen one photo, but she looks her age. She's not ugly, but she doesn't look 34 either.

The picture she uses most frequently does indeed look mid-40s. That's not an insult unless she's in her 30s. I'm 39, and I generally assume I look my age. I certainly don't walk around asking people if I look younger.

Although I totally cop to chemical peels. I'm vain -- I admit it.

Archived