IGNORED

Pretty sure this is appropriate for this section

formergothardite

My favorite is the pinterest projects that don't tell you a complete list of supplies but embed some of them in the later steps. I get to step 43 or 220 or whatever and all of a sudden they're telling me to use fabric glue or unicorn tears. Invariably, it's something I don't have in the house, so I have to go all the way into town to get it. Yeah, I could have probably prevented the problem by fully reading the instructions first, but I never seem to learn.

You don't have unicorn tears on hand? I always keep a bucket in my perfectly organized craft room!!!

I don't keep unicorn tears on hand BUT I do keep these:

post-2623-14451998130668_thumb.jpg

(admittedly I stole this from Facebook :D )

• 2 weeks later...

My son would LOVE those cookies. His class last year had a strange obsession with unicorns and they found a way to incorporate unicorns into every vocab lesson.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't keep unicorn tears on hand BUT I do keep these:

[attachment=0]unicorn cookies.jpg[/attachment]

(admittedly I stole this from Facebook :D )

Those look gorgeous, but not at all like food. They look like what My Little Ponies would eat if they existed.

Are those cookies actually edible?

Yes, yes they are. :?

(this is the recipe from Facebook)

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup shortening

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

Food coloring

disco dust

sparkle gel

star sprinkles

rainbow Dragees (I used sugar pearls)

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add flour, baking powder and salt. Divide into smaller bowls and add food coloring. We used neon colors in blue, green and purple and then red and yellow. That’s unicorn-y right? Chill for at least an hour.Now comes the hard part. Who knew making poop would be so time consuming.

Make snakes with each color. You don’t want them too thick because you have to use all 5 colors (or however many you chose) to make one large snake. Be careful! They break easily.Make one large snake out of each smaller snake. This is hard if you use too much flour. They won’t stick together. So be patient.Now make your poops.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for approx. 8 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, immediately press in the sugar pearls. You want to break through the surface and push them in about halfway (or else they will fall out.)Let the cookies cool.

Now it’s time to add the sparkle gel. Use a new paintbrush and brush a thin layer of the gel over the entire cookie. Make sure to get inside the cracks. This won’t harden when it dries and will remain somewhat tacky. Just don’t stack your cookies and your good.

Add the stars on top of the gel.

Now it’s time to add the disco dust. This is tough and it’s expensive. I pinched a tiny bit out and sprinkled it on top of the cookies. I wish it came in a shaker bottle but it doesn’t.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Unicorn poop cookies! Who knew! Lol How fabulous, I will be sharing this if you don't mind. (My stuff I mess up is anything that requires preparation and/or further involvement to be edible. That organic carrot up there ^ looked perfect to me!)

I wasn't born with the crafting gene. Were I to attempt anything more complex than gluing rhinestones on costumes, my efforts would look like those on the Pinstrosity blog.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a book called Craft Fail, with an associated website - http://craftfail.com/ . I found the book at a book sale and laughed my head off. It made me feel better, because 90% of the time, if I try to do something I saw online, it's a spectacular failure. Some things come out good, but the odds are not good.

And now that I see it, Craft Fail has some Lego brownies that look do-able, if you can get the frosting to match M&M or Skittle colors. I did a Lego cake for the kid's birthday. It turned out not too bad, but putting colored frosting on jumbo marshmallows is way harder than you'd think.

• 3 months later...

Archived