IGNORED

What is everyone making for Christmas?

littlehouse

What are you making for gifts this year?

I am making some leg warmers and a vest from a 1940s pattern, and perhaps some leggings for my littles. I also have to cross stitch an advent calendar.

I'll probably make some mittens (one of my favorite things to knit) for family members, and I want to try the "where the wild sheep roam" cardigan for an awesome toddler I know.

• 2 weeks later...

The sheep sweater is amazing! I haven't tried to do colour work yet, well that is a lie. I tried once and screwed it up so badly that I am scared to try again.

Knitted mitts are great, I have to give that a go some time too

Leg warmers are awesome! I hope she loves them!

These are the warmers I am making, not in the boot cuff size though. I am going to add two buttons on each leg and top with some lace, I have seen some others done like this it seems cute to me.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... ng-pattern

This is the vest I should be starting next week

http://www.thevintageknittinglady.co.uk ... ns943a.gif

I plan on crocheting and knitting quite a few things. Despicable Me Minion hats and amigurumi dolls for my boys. several amigurumi animals for friends. Small and quick is what i am hoping for. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm going to knit a Dr Who Scarf for my son-in-law. I've got all but one skein of yarn already. It's just garter stitch so I hope that it will knit up quickly. I hope to either have it ready for his birthday on December 1 or by Christmas. He can wear it to Dragon-con next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Turkish bed socks for adult friends, felted clogs for niece number 2 and sister, owl pillow for niece number 1. I still need to find something for my BIL.

My plan is to get started on Christmas projects in October. I know I know! but I am on a decluttering project right now, and I put myself on crafting "time out" until the purge is done. My goal is to dig into the crafting fun with clean closets and without a "big holiday clean out" on the horizon.

On the list will be:

- Finish up a Daisy Pattern crochet afghan. I am using cotton for this one - and to avoid ending up with a super heavy floor mat.. I need to keep things loose before everything shrinks up. this one is white with yellow accents at request.

- "Mr Rogers" sweater for preschooler I know. He wants a cardigan with a zipper, my knitting experience is pretty limited, and I am still hunting a pattern.

I also know that I have some sewing to do. Last year's sheep costume no longer fits my little one, and I know that will be a requirement sooner rather than later. (Last year it got out of control, and ended with me dressing 4 out of the 5 sheep - and I only got 2 costumes back. Yikes! They were not masterful, but did the job.. )

Archived