• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
johnhugh

Maxwell Book Launch 10am cst!!1!!!

314 posts in this topic

Poor Sara wrote

We’re placing the final touches on the book product pages, and we’ll be making them live tomorrow morning.

At 10 am CST, you’ll see another post, complete with the titles, links, and the ability to pre-order (including a special).

It’ll be soon, and we’re excited!

Oh, I am so excited. I just can not wait.

Oh, the excitement. You'd think they were on the verge of announcing the second coming.

(One does have to wonder about the latest pictures - one of Stevehovah and Terified, and a separate one of Poor Sarah. Given that the accompanying Bible verse is all about denying worldly lusts, is there a snowball's chance in Hell that they're about to announce a courtship for her?)

Yawn! I haven't been this excited since the pray away depression book came out!

Since there is a picture of Sarah, I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of "embracing spinsterhood".

I can hardly contain my excitement. I'll be on pins and needles all night.

I'm already planning a celebratory lunch of a meatless burrito and two animal crackers, washed down with as much Pepsi tequila as I can find.

10 a.m. CST?

1) Has Daylight Saving Time already ended in Leavenworth?

2) Well, bless me, I have a hot date with Midsummer Night's Dream scheduled for that time. I'll have to miss it. *wipes invisible tear*

At 10 am CST, you’ll see another post, complete with the titles, links, and the ability to pre-order (including a special).

Is that the book they're talking about, or Sarah? Buy now and get 10% off her bride price. While stocks last!

10 a.m. CST?

1) Has Daylight Saving Time already ended in Leavenworth?

2) Well, bless me, I have a hot date with Midsummer Night's Dream scheduled for that time. I'll have to miss it. *wipes invisible tear*

Ha! I didn't catch that either until you pointed it out just now.

If it's CST I'll be out of my meeting, sweet...

Oh, the excitement. You'd think they were on the verge of announcing the second coming.

(One does have to wonder about the latest pictures - one of Stevehovah and Terified, and a separate one of Poor Sarah. Given that the accompanying Bible verse is all about denying worldly lusts, is there a snowball's chance in Hell that they're about to announce a courtship for her?)

No.

Since there is a picture of Sarah, I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of "embracing spinsterhood".

Love it!!

Is that the book they're talking about, or Sarah? Buy now and get 10% off her bride price. While stocks last!

Eggs dwindling monthly, get 'em while they're still fresh.....

Aw, you guys made me laugh so loud I woke my room mate, who is now unhappy...

I wonder if there is a special ChorePack for spinsterhood? I'll bet Steve and Teri's book is something about courtship or seasons of life. And I'm guessing Sarah isn't the one that's been a'courtin', but that John Marie and Anna have some kind of announcement. I think the photo of Poor Sarah is just there because she's releasing another riveting Moody book. About courtship. Or spinsterhood.

I'm starting to think the new book is related to raising daughters? The Maxwells talked about writing a "Preparing Daughters" type of book in the past. Maybe they finally did it. Of course, the problem is they have not been able to marry off any girls, so the book may appear incomplete. I am skeptical it's a courting book because their most recent courtship was a bust. Plus, courting books seems geared towards fundie girls, and none of the Maxwell girls have even courted. It may even be another homeschooling book, or a book about rules and making life as bland as possible. Only a few more hours and we'll all know!!!!!

The family's attempt at building up excitement is so juvenile and heavy handed it's almost laughable. Of course, what do you expect from children who've never been exposed to ads, commercials, creativity or independent thinking? Their only experience with "advertising" is when Papa tells them to get excited because something exciting is about to come their way! I think that's the only way the Maxwell children know how to build excitement----when someone else tells them to do so. If this is the level of their creative output, it makes me wonder how they plan on continuing to sell their business after one or both parents becomes too ill to travel?

Oh, not to be worried! The children have been well-trained to carry on the family business. And at least John knows how to drive the bus.

Didn't they have a courtship seminar in the works before Amanda Munck ran away? If so there was probably meant to be an accompanying book. They might be releasing it even without a current courtship, based on the "success" of Chris and Nathan's marriages, or maybe John-Marie has finally conformed his theology enough to fit to Steve's narrow definition of a good Christian man worthy of a Reversal Maxwell maiden.

Didn't they have a courtship seminar in the works before Amanda Munck ran away? If so there was probably meant to be an accompanying book. They might be releasing it even without a current courtship, based on the "success" of Chris and Nathan's marriages, or maybe John-Marie has finally conformed his theology enough to fit to Steve's narrow definition of a good Christian man worthy of a Reversal Maxwell maiden.

IIRC, there was a courtship session in the works, but when Elizabeth Munck jumped ship with her wedding to Joseph, I believe it was put on the back burner. I believe their wedding was to occur just before one of the Maxwell's traveling circuses, and that Joseph and Elizabeth were to go along for the ride and provide testimony for courtship at the new conference session. When they broke up a week before the wedding (and just hours before her bridal shower), I surmise they had to quickly find a back-up plan.

ETA: Amanda Munck is Elizabeth's younger sister who was married to someone a few months ago. She was never engaged to a Maxwell.

Bathed in Blood: The Life and Times of Steven Maxwell

Diet Pray Death

Betrothed to the Lord

or The Special Journey to Spinsterhood

You'll Never Eat Animal Crackers in This Town Again

The Shroud of Stevus

Me Write Pretty One Day

Running With Scripture

I Know Why the Caged Housewife Drinks Pepsi

Uriah Confidential: Adventures in the Evangelical Underbelly

(someone stop me...)

Bathed in Blood: The Life and Times of Steven Maxwell

Diet Pray Death

Betrothed to the Lord

or The Special Journey to Spinsterhood

You'll Never Eat Animal Crackers in This Town Again

The Shroud of Stevus

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it!

As suspected, it's a new Moody book, as well as a book on being a good conversationalist or something. The sample pages from the Moody book see the family visiting a drive-through wildlife park. I can't imagine where the idea for this may have come from...

It's up, and it's called "Making Great Conversationalists."

Making Great Conversationalists has the potential to change your child’s life. Within this book’s pages, Steve and Teri unlock the keys to dynamic conversation. The ability to effectively converse prepares your child for courtship, influences his job potential, and could even help him lead someone to the Lord.

Don’t think that one-word replies, short answers, and lack of interest in others is normal for a child’s conversation. It’s not, and you can do something to change it.

Chapter after chapter of Making Great Conversationalists is filled with information, real-life examples, how-tos, and so much more that has the potential to make your child an incredible conversationalist. In addition, each chapter concludes with teaching notes and practical projects that will allow you to apply what you’ve read.

Would you like to help your child excel in this essential life-skill? Pre-order your book today.

Oh, and "Spring Days with the Moodys." I don't know much about the Moody books, is that a brand new one? It sounds as exciting as the other ones I've read about on FJ. *yawn*

And if you order both books, you get a free download of "Anger--Relationship Poison," a whopping $4.00 value!

:dance: :dance: :dance: