IGNORED

Intervention

MsSaylor

I was just watching my recorded episode from last night and they had updates from past seasons at the end and stats on how many of their subjects have remained sober. I guess this means the series is over. I was impressed though with the stats, it was like 156 out of 270 ish. That is a really high success rate compared to the general population of addicts. I have watched this show faithfully over the years and I'm really happy so many appeared to have been helped by it.

I've watched almost every single episode since this show started. I actually cried when they were showing the subjects that were clean and then they did the large group shot of all the people that have been featured. This show has done so much good that I hated to see it end. Not many shows that are on now can say that they've changed or saved someone's life. This one could. Goodbye Intervention, and thank you. :cry:

PS I really wanted to see Candy do one last intervention, and thought for sure she was going to do last night's final episode. She and Jeff were my favorites, and I just loved 'em like crazy.

That show had an uncanny ability to start the water works for me too. I was a little distracted with my kids today and totally caught off guard bc I didnt know this was the last episode. Sad to see it go.

ETA: candy and Jeff are awesome!

Now that A&E has cancelled this and Hoarders, I have nothing to watch on Monday nights anymore. That's been my favorite night of television for ages. This last season of Hoarders had way too much poop and sail cats, but I was still hoping for another season. I'm so sick of all things storage or duck related, I could scream.

Did they give an update on Tressa Thompson, the shot putter? She had a problem with meth. Plus, her family was horrible...they outright told her she was going to he'll for being gay.

No they didn't have tressa on there. She's from my state so I always remembered her. They had a specific update show on her once a few years ago though. I think she still wasn't doing too great and her father hadn't really accepted her homosexuality.

I didn't know hoarders wasn't coming back either ugh! That show was starting to get pretty old but I still watched it. A&E used to be one of my favorite channels. And yeah I can't believe they are carrying the whole channel on storage wars and duck dynasty. Disappointing.

I loved that show...both when I was in active addiction and after I got sober (though I watched for different reasons during the two times...)

I loved Candy and Jeff as well. I met one of the men who was on the show - after his intervention, he relapsed and came to rehab in my area. Sadly, after he left he committed suicide. It was huge shock to the community here and I still think about him often... but considering the success rate for addicts, 156 of 270 is pretty good. I'll definitely miss watching it.

No more Hoarders or Intervention? I is so sad now :(

Over here (Australia) they both screen on the Bio channel, who insist upon running the same series over and over, so hopefully we are behind enough to have a season or two left *crosses fingers*.

I love Candy and Jeff too. Especially Jeff with his seeing "a bunch of people that love ya like crazy, and they're scared they're gonna lose ya" line. Such a sweety.

I also teared up at the end, when they showed all of the people who have been successful with their sobriety. Allison cracked me up with her, "I don't have any duster in my face!" and Sylvia looked fantastic!

I don't think Gambling Gabe (from season 1) will be accountable until his parents are dead and stop funding his addiction. Sadly, they spoiled him and now he is a 40 year old man who throws tantrums. I believe this was the first appearance of Jeff Van Vonderan, who I fell in love with when he said, "Who pays for that phone?" and makes him give it up. Sadly, his parents didn't keep their bottom lines.

The ones that made me the most angry were both eating disorders. Nicole from a few seasons ago (with the feeding tube) and Kaila from this season. Although Nicole had a semblance of a reason to have some issues, she also had a husband and two little girls. Time to get some therapy and move on for their sakes. Kaila just wanted to be in control of the entire universe, and it is going to kill her. So glad her parents kept their bottom lines.

Gonna miss this show like crazy.

Also didn't know Hoarders was canceled as well. So it's just Duck Dynasty? Who does that save?

The one that bugged me the most that I'll never forget was the lady who had a stint on some show like star trek. She thought she was a big celeb and faked having Ehlers-Danos (sp?) syndrome. She was addicted to fentanyl lollipops and was all kinds of crazy. Her parents were successful immigrants who owned laundry mats. They funded her ridiculousness and forced their younger son to be her slave.

I loved that show...both when I was in active addiction and after I got sober (though I watched for different reasons during the two times...)

I loved Candy and Jeff as well. I met one of the men who was on the show - after his intervention, he relapsed and came to rehab in my area. Sadly, after he left he committed suicide. It was huge shock to the community here and I still think about him often... but considering the success rate for addicts, 156 of 270 is pretty good. I'll definitely miss watching it.

I think you're talking about Chris. I was shocked when his death was announced because his episode had a positive ending when it premiered. :(

I think you're talking about Chris. I was shocked when his death was announced because his episode had a positive ending when it premiered. :(

Yea, that was him... He was very protective of his anonymity so I still don't often refer to him by his name. He wasn't really a fan of the "fame" the show brought him. So, so sad.

The one that bugged me the most that I'll never forget was the lady who had a stint on some show like star trek. She thought she was a big celeb and faked having Ehlers-Danos (sp?) syndrome. She was addicted to fentanyl lollipops and was all kinds of crazy. Her parents were successful immigrants who owned laundry mats. They funded her ridiculousness and forced their younger son to be her slave.

I remember her - she was like doing gymnastics outside of her intervention because he mom's "negative energy" made her joints hurt? The end of that was shocking I remember because she went to rehab and the end card was like "she was transferred to a residential treatment facility to deal with a delusional disorder". And that was the end of it.

The one that always stuck out to me was Christy, the meth addict who would run around naked and write on the walls. That one really freaked me out - her paranoia was just insane.

Oh, the one who had to change his sister's pads during her period? I forgot about her. She was ridiculous.

Oh! I met Chris also at a facility before his death. He was such a nice man but he seemed to struggle with the pressures of "fame" that came from the show. We were all shocked at the hospital I worked at when he died. I know of several patients that have completed suicide and they always stay with you, but I did wonder if he would be mentioned in the finale of the series.

The one that always stuck out to me was Christy, the meth addict who would run around naked and write on the walls. That one really freaked me out - her paranoia was just insane.

This is mean but my roommate and I refer to her as "Crusty".

If anyone has amazon prime, here is Linda (the one who is completely delusional) for free. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UN ... =dv_dp_ep1

I forgot how crazy she really was. "I can't make left turns" (In her house) Her brother responds that she should just make three right turns.

I am glad that, in the end, her brother got his freedom. I hope he is happy and has a job and a life in Connecticut. Go Sam. No one should have had to deal with Linda for eight years.

I do wonder what happened with her. It says she was transferred to a psychiatric facility for a delusional disorder, but she was fairly old to develop schizophrenia at almost 30. Odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a petition on Change.org or anything? I miss it already. Sure, I made fun of some of them, but I rooted for them at the same time. And no doubt, the show changed lives.

Is there a petition on Change.org or anything? I miss it already. Sure, I made fun of some of them, but I rooted for them at the same time. And no doubt, the show changed lives.

I signed a petition on Change.org about 2 weeks ago, but I don't know if it's still up.

I think the producers were having a hard time finding people who A.) didn't know about the show and B.) didn't stage the intervention themselves.

Was I the only one who wanted to hurt that kid Andrew who was bulemic and staged his intervention? I still don't know why they aired it. Give him treatment, yes. Reward the fame whore and his lying family with air time, no. And I still don't buy his "touched inappropriately" story. :disgust:

Most of my family is has been in the military at some point. There was no touching.

Archived