IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

A lot of people believed her. I believed her, although I didn't read every single entry. I've read the RR threads here, though. I also never donated money.

It's sad, really. So many people were taken advantage of :/

I never donated money either. It's odd that I believed her. I don't consider myself a gulable person. I had an ex-friend who said she was abused & it turned out not to be true (I never believed her) so the fact that I believed Razing Ruth Suprises me.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to laugh. I just checked RR blog and the advertisements were for two movies - "Identity Thief" and "Dispicable Me".

ScreenShot2013-07-13at92647PM_zps48d0c950.png

I don't know how to reproduce the image here, but now the Amazon ad includes a cd titled "Trouble Will Find Me"

:lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

Okay, so just using Google and some of the info in this thread, I was amazed at how creepily easy it was to produce a name and links to Facebook, MyLife and Pinterest, just to name a few. Damn! Assuming that I found the right person, I'm duly surprised that said person is just a non-descript, everyday sort of Joe Schmo. Huh.

I think she/he may have really escaped, but exaggerated parts of their story to draw more readers. the Rachel story raised a red flag or two for me. 1)You don't need to be emancipated from parents when you are a legal adult. 2)Adoption can take years. I can't believe the baby was placed so quickly, even from the moment Rachel found out she was pregnant. The baby could be placed in emergency foster if need be, but this fast adoption just made me wonder.

Where did you see the meeting Pennmommy info. I'm sorry but my eyes are tired and I may have missed it. I thought she said she met Kate Gosselin and was disillusioned.

The rest, following up with Calladus and others in the atheist community. Possum was deeply embedded there. Think of the reaction of many FJers in the past defending Ruth. I actually agree with Calladus's terse statement of "she was just asking for prayers." That is my memory too. PennMommy asked for charitable donations. Research at the time seemed to show no evidence of the death of "Jason." Haas or not. Created after the fact?

Bohemian Moon was the longest hold out on anti-G blogs with Penn Mommy's authenticity or lack there of, I think. She eventually decided PennMommy was fake.

I agree that the GDNNOP (a pro-G site) expose was sanctimonious and possibly not completely accurate. It seemed puffed up with pride because they got to discredit anti-G sites. Blog wars. ::Yawns::

ETA: Two things.

I've always suspected that Calladus was a sock because he claimed to have met Possum. OTOH, other internet scams have had in person meetings and Lupus is probably not hard to fake. He may be ligit. I wonder what he would say if confronted with this new information.

And when I say embedded -- I always envision an engorged dog tick.

From the blog: " was prepared to be pissed for meeting a woman who wasn't who she said she was. Links to possummommas photos were shared with me. I didn't see one picture of the Pennmommy I met in the pictures. We found a pic of Possummomma and that's not who I met. Pennmommy has short black hair. She weighs max 100lbs. Possummomma has long brown hair and is obese. Sorry for the blunt comparisson."

The description seems to match the photos on PM's Facebook. I don't think it's a sock since the blog seems to have been created out of doubt but, who knows at this point.

I don't know how to reproduce the image here, but now the Amazon ad includes a cd titled "Trouble Will Find Me"

:lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived