IGNORED

Prayer Rug

Pinkgirl81

(I hope this is ok for me to post here)

I was in the mall yesterday and came across this in the "Dollar Plus" store. (basically a bunch of random this and that from China) Of course, I immediately thought of you fine ladies and how this would make a wonderful addition to a prayer closet. LOL

039_zps7268fa8e.jpg

I want one for my own home. Srsly, I do.

I do have a "prayer closet" in my home. I taped up a picture of Jesus that was sent to me by some random ministry asking for ca$h.

(I hope this is ok for me to post here)

I was in the mall yesterday and came across this in the "Dollar Plus" store. (basically a bunch of random this and that from China) Of course, I immediately thought of you fine ladies and how this would make a wonderful addition to a prayer closet. LOL

039_zps7268fa8e.jpg

Maybe a nice welcome gift for the newly registered members of Free Jinger?

That thing looks like it would be uncomfortable to kneel o. You'd get rug-burned knees. for sure.

I want one for my own home. Srsly, I do.

I do have a "prayer closet" in my home. I taped up a picture of Jesus that was sent to me by some random ministry asking for ca$h.

Yeah, occasionally some nutball church sends me a "prayer rug" in the mail (folded piece of paper with Jesus on it). The accompanying letter will say that you're supposed to pray a certain prayer on the rug, and/or stare at the image of Jesus until you see his eyes open. Then send the rug back, along with a "seed" offering ($$) of course.

I'd probably have better luck sending my money to a Nigerian prince.

Confusingly enough, it looks like the rugs you're supposed to wipe your feet on when it's rainy outside.

It does look like a doormat, doesn't it?

Not the strangest "prayer rug" I've ever seen. At one point (I think when I lived in Indiana), I got a mailer that contained a piece of paper that purported to be a prayer rug. Having been born at night (but not last night), I threw it away after I got a chuckle. A quick google reveals the affiliated "church" to be a essentially mailing centers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Matthew%27s_Churches

Yeah, occasionally some nutball church sends me a "prayer rug" in the mail (folded piece of paper with Jesus on it). The accompanying letter will say that you're supposed to pray a certain prayer on the rug, and/or stare at the image of Jesus until you see his eyes open. Then send the rug back, along with a "seed" offering ($$) of course.

I'd probably have better luck sending my money to a Nigerian prince.

Oohh! We get those sometimes. My husband is slightly terrified that one day the sender will follow it up with a personal visit. No matter how many times I tell him that won't happen (the worst we ever get are enthusiastic Mormons), he's convinced that the mom from "Carrie" is going to come knocking. :D

My first thought that it was intended as a slam on Islam.

My second is that I have a good friend who I really, really, really need to buy this for if it isn't, because it could be awesome. If it is, never mind.

I didn't know there were prayer rugs in Christianity, so I thought it was a dig at Muslims as well.

• 2 weeks later...
That thing looks like it would be uncomfortable to kneel o. You'd get rug-burned knees. for sure.

At least if you've got one of these you can blame your rug burn on your prayer rug, not all the fornication you're having!

My first thought that it was intended as a slam on Islam.

Yeah mte. Kind of like, wiping your feet on a "prayer rug" is disrespecting those who do use them in worship? IDK if that's how it was intended at all though.

Yeah mte. Kind of like, wiping your feet on a "prayer rug" is disrespecting those who do use them in worship? IDK if that's how it was intended at all though.

That was where my brain went first as well.

Not the strangest "prayer rug" I've ever seen. At one point (I think when I lived in Indiana), I got a mailer that contained a piece of paper that purported to be a prayer rug. Having been born at night (but not last night), I threw it away after I got a chuckle. A quick google reveals the affiliated "church" to be a essentially mailing centers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Matthew%27s_Churches

Ooh, I got this last week! The enclosures were all sorts of awesomeness, with bolding, italics, underlining, randomly changing fonts (and font sizes), and craptastic artwork. The text was some stream-of-conscious babble about miracles, the Bible and Jesus, apparently written by someone on speed.

I sent the "prayer rug" back to them, since they (whoever "they" are) have to pay the postage.

If I had a kitty or a puppy or a turtle (name it), I'd use that prayer rug everytime they did something naughty, seat them over top of it, took pictures along with short summaries of what they did. Then post those pictures on facebook. Nothing humiliating, just funny junk. But a rug like that for humans? Humans, really? :|

I want *dis* rug though. It's totally appropriate for stupid and unwelcome visitors : )

2063d5bcf985a9ae49eb66001d17b2e8.jpg

I guess if you have 19 kids you dont have enough space to shove them all in the prayer closet at the same time?

It has a cross on it (on which people would be wiping their feet), so I doubt that was the intent.

Archived