IGNORED

Interesting Morton Update

MissBitters

The Morton girls just posted a new entry and it looks like Cleve and Lise moved to Texas. I really want to know the story behind the move...

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2013/07/around-farmish.html

Yeah!! Glad to hear at least one Morton man has the guts to move far far far away from daddy's compound! Looks like Lise is wearing "pants" in one pic. I'm sure it saves the other sons property tax money by living on their dad's land. They have their own little village going on.

I thought that was interesting, too, and unexpected, because they'd fixed up an "apartment" somewhere on the Morton compound, hadn't they?

I thought that was interesting, too, and unexpected, because they'd fixed up an "apartment" somewhere on the Morton compound, hadn't they?

Yes there is an apartment that is used until their houses are built. I remember reading about Kress giving birth in the apartment twice. I don't know what the men do for a living but they sometimes build their homes from scratch. Andrew Morton had a house pulled on the compound a few months ago. It appears he is prepping it for his future family life :roll:

I've thought since the engagement that these two were married off to each other because they were more "worldly" than the rest. Not surprised that they've broken away a bit.

The apartment has existed in various forms for awhile. I think all Cleve and Lise did was try and modernize it a bit.

I'm more interested in the special dinner they were going to. A courtship in the works perhaps?

Huh, very interesting. The Mortons have been unusually silent for a while (Sanders too). I've been wondering if it Adeline losing interest in blogging or what.. but maybe they're having some internal issues. I'm glad Cleve and Lise are getting some distance. I know Adeline and Cleve were always close, I hope she's dealing with his absence okay.

The Mortons are new to me. The blogger seems very...young (or prone to over-enthusiasm about the most mundane things). Anyone able to do a quick synopsis of this family?

Thanks

The Mortons are new to me. The blogger seems very...young (or prone to over-enthusiasm about the most mundane things). Anyone able to do a quick synopsis of this family?

Thanks

It's written by Adeline, Addie, whose 21-22ish. She's prone to very dramatic, overly cutesy writing. She has 5 older married siblings who all have a lot of kids quickly. I made a cheat sheet with the marriage date and list of children.

Alan Smith and Katie Morton - (April 2006)

--

Brett Alan III

Ronald Michael

Catherine Esther

Wallace Johnson

Anna Grace

Elizabeth Rose

Michael Beveridge Morton Jr. and Kressant Amanda Smith - (September 2006)

--

Michael Beveridge III

Carlos Phineas

Jonathan DeWet

Isabella Grace

Byron Zizka

William Cleveland Morton and Lise Marie Kendall - ( December 2011)

-------

William Cleveland Jr

Wesley Morton (born March 1989) and Rachel Lea Smith (born July 1989) - (September 2007)

--

Joseph Wesley

William Stone

(Timothy)

Ariana Grace

Noah Sanders (Sep 1988) and Dorothy Morton (Feb. 1990) - (July 2010)

----

Enoch Timothy

Thanks

Jeanine and Michael Morton Sr. are the parents of 12 children:

Catherine(Kate)

Michael Jr

William Cleveland

Joseph Wesley

Dorothy

Adeline

Martha

Andrew

Samuel

John

Edwin

Paul

Cleve married much later than his brothers. His wife was pushing 30 when they married...or she might have been already 30. I can't remember. The Sanders, Smiths, and Mortons are VERY tight. So far Cleve is the first to not marry into either clan.

Thanks for the info. Addie's writing seems like something you'd expect from, say, a 12 year old--all cutesy and gushing. SOTDRT?

Just read the post. Anyone else thnk it's really sad that Adelaide was all excited because "Daddy" was taking them out to dinner and they couldn't decide between the Olive Garden or Red Lobster? Not knocking those restaurants, I love me some cheesy biscuits, but going to a chain restaurant shouldn't be the most exciting thing in a grown woman's life. And she shouldn't have to wait for daddy to deign to take her. It just makes me :angry-banghead:

Cleve married much later than his brothers. His wife was pushing 30 when they married...or she might have been already 30. I can't remember. The Sanders, Smiths, and Mortons are VERY tight. So far Cleve is the first to not marry into either clan.

I think also Bethany Smith married Danny Lane, so she married outside the clan too. Please correct me if I am wrong

I think the Sanderses have drifted a bit from the Morton/Smith crowd.. most of the later Sanders updates showed the girls (except usually Grace) wearing pants. Not saying that their beliefs are different, but they seem more superficially modern than the Mortons, who rather seem like they're play-acting Gone With the Wind.

It's interesting that now Addie and Abbi at least are in their 20s and not married/courting. I think Rachel, Dorothy and Katie, at least, were all married by 20. As were Bethany and (maybe) Kressy.

I think the Sanderses have drifted a bit from the Morton/Smith crowd.. most of the later Sanders updates showed the girls (except usually Grace) wearing pants. Not saying that their beliefs are different, but they seem more superficially modern than the Mortons, who rather seem like they're play-acting Gone With the Wind.

It's interesting that now Addie and Abbi at least are in their 20s and not married/courting. I think Rachel, Dorothy and Katie, at least, were all married by 20. As were Bethany and (maybe) Kressy.

Rachel was 17(?), Dorothy 20, Katie 22/23, Kressy 19 and Bethany 21(?).

Eta: Abbi could be courting. The Sanders have lots of male visitors. I always thought one of the Sanders girls would marry a Roberts boy.

I think also Bethany Smith married Danny Lane, so she married outside the clan too. Please correct me if I am wrong

Oh yeah...I forgot about her. You are so right. I also forgot about the Campana family. They are close to the Mortons as well. Who was the family that went skiing? I think they are Italian.

It appears that Mr Sanders takes his family more places. The Morton girls only get to go to Vision Forum activities. Every now and then they go visit Dorothy. I'm VERY shocked Pa Morton would even consider taking then to places that sale alcohol.

It appears that Mr Sanders takes his family more places. The Morton girls only get to go to Vision Forum activities. Every now and then they go visit Dorothy. I'm VERY shocked Pa Morton would even consider taking then to places that sale alcohol.

IIRC, LL (the oldest Sanders child from a never-talked-about first marriage), actually went to college where she met her husband. Wonder if the younger daughters will also be afforded a chance to go to college.

IIRC, LL (the oldest Sanders child from a never-talked-about first marriage), actually went to college where she met her husband. Wonder if the younger daughters will also be afforded a chance to go to college.

I think if that was going to happen, it would have by now. Both Abbi and Bekah are college-aged but still stay at home daughters, and of the girls only Grace is younger (16? Maybe 17 now?). Maybe they used to be more progressive, maybe it was her (never-spoken-of) mother's influence, I don't know. But Daddy Sanders "releasing" Noah and telling him to go and find himself a wife at age 20 (?) doesn't really scream "I'm totally cool with college" to me. In any case, LL may have gone to college, but she's posted before IIRC that her degree matters not at all, and now she's another QF homeschooler.

As much as I hate what they stand for I am curious as hell about why the Sanders haven't made a blog post in more than 2 months, and none of the content posted this year looks like it happened after December or early January.

The Mortons and Sanders are both unusually quiet. I was thinking maybe the whole blogging thing has just lost its lustre amongst that set or they went private or something. In the Sanders' case, I wouldn't be surprised if Abbi (who was their chief blogger) is courting. The Mortons, though, seem far more isolated. Remember that ski trip that Addie wasn't allowed to go on? Mama Morton posted something super creepy about tomato staking or something like that?

I really do like some of Addie's still life photography, but her photo shoots of people seem quite meh.

The Mortons and Sanders are both unusually quiet. I was thinking maybe the whole blogging thing has just lost its lustre amongst that set or they went private or something. In the Sanders' case, I wouldn't be surprised if Abbi (who was their chief blogger) is courting. The Mortons, though, seem far more isolated. Remember that ski trip that Addie wasn't allowed to go on? Mama Morton posted something super creepy about tomato staking or something like that?

I really do like some of Addie's still life photography, but her photo shoots of people seem quite meh.

Archived