IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milehimama.com

We don't talk about her very often but I've seen her name come up before. Fairly conservative catholic blogger

World News Now reports that Princess Kate is in the hospital in labor! I don't even know her, but I'm excited anyway. Kate is reportedly trying for a natural labor, hope it works out well for them all.

I can't believe how excited I am! Any final guesses on the royal baby's sex and name? My guess: a girl named Alexandra.

While I think a girl would be exciting, because of the change in laws of succession, I'm not invested in it.

I do hope that William and Kate are allowed to give their new child a name all his/her own. The royals routinely have two or three middle names, use them for honorifics. But whatever happens is good with me, I just want everything to turn out well for the parents and family.

I think Alexandra is a pretty name, though.

Personal rant coming up, feel free to ignore it:

I had three girls, and while the first two girls were accepted without comment, when I became pregnant for the third time, I was routinely offended by people exclaiming excitedly "Oh! I hope you get your boy this time!" When my third child was also a girl, I got more crap from people who said things like "Oh. Well, I'm sure she's cute" followed by remarks like "I bet if you try one more time you'll get a boy!" I quickly learned to tell people that I was so used to having girls, having another girl was fine with me, it was what I was used to. My husband got the same treatment and offended a few people by telling them that there was nothing he could do with a son that he couldn't do with a daughter.

While I think a girl would be exciting, because of the change in laws of succession, I'm not invested in it.

I do hope that William and Kate are allowed to give their new child a name all his/her own. The royals routinely have two or three middle names, use them for honorifics. But whatever happens is good with me, I just want everything to turn out well for the parents and family.

I think Alexandra is a pretty name, though.

Personal rant coming up, feel free to ignore it:

I had three girls, and while the first two girls were accepted without comment, when I became pregnant for the third time, I was routinely offended by people exclaiming excitedly "Oh! I hope you get your boy this time!" When my third child was also a girl, I got more crap from people who said things like "Oh. Well, I'm sure she's cute" followed by remarks like "I bet if you try one more time you'll get a boy!" I quickly learned to tell people that I was so used to having girls, having another girl was fine with me, it was what I was used to. My husband got the same treatment and offended a few people by telling them that there was nothing he could do with a son that he couldn't do with a daughter.

My first two were girls and I experienced the same thing. Maybe third-time expectant mothers with two boys experience the same thing, but I found it annoying how many people assumed we were desperately trying for a boy. We weren't; number 3 was a bit of a surprise.

I have a 14 year old Alexandra who hopes "they give the kid some other name". She's hating on her name right now. Too many possible nicknames she says, and she gets called them all by friends and relations. Al, Ali, Alix, Alley Cat, Lexey. She was watching an old movie with Sandra Dee not long ago and I told her that Sandra's real name was Alexandra. "Figures". Her preference is Alex.

I can't believe how excited I am! Any final guesses on the royal baby's sex and name? My guess: a girl named Alexandra.

A girl with Frances in her name somewhere. (I'm pulling for Alfred if it's a boy, because I admire the literary, educational, and historical work that Alfred the Great encouraged, but that's not going to happen.)

Good luck Kate and Will. Thanks for actually raising your child instead of passing it off to someone else. *Cough Michelle Duggar Cough*

My first two were girls and I experienced the same thing. Maybe third-time expectant mothers with two boys experience the same thing, but I found it annoying how many people assumed we were desperately trying for a boy. We weren't; number 3 was a bit of a surprise.

I have a 14 year old Alexandra who hopes "they give the kid some other name". She's hating on her name right now. Too many possible nicknames she says, and she gets called them all by friends and relations. Al, Ali, Alix, Alley Cat, Lexey. She was watching an old movie with Sandra Dee not long ago and I told her that Sandra's real name was Alexandra. "Figures". Her preference is Alex.

My niece goes by Zandra, though she's still too young to be able to express a clear nickname preference.

That's a big baby for how tiny Kate is. I hope she had a good birth. Can't wait to see photos! Congrats to Will and Kate!

World News Now reports that Princess Kate is in the hospital in labor! I don't even know her, but I'm excited anyway. Kate is reportedly trying for a natural labor, hope it works out well for them all.

A fellow World News Now watcher!!! :D

It looks like there's a new Beasley baby. On Friday Anna posted that she has a new nephew, but didn't post who he belongs to. Could it be Caleb and Abby or maybe it's Joe and Rachel?

It looks like there's a new Beasley baby. On Friday Anna posted that she has a new nephew, but didn't post who he belongs to. Could it be Caleb and Abby or maybe it's Joe and Rachel?

The Wissman's haven't posted, so I doubt it's Caleb and Abby.

let's hope not....that would be 5 in 5 years wouldn't it?! I was on Rachel and Joe's FB and nothing...

I have been wondering about the Brown/Bradrick families. So quiet on the baby front for a year now. Blair and Taylor had their girl last August but nothing since.

I have been wondering about the Brown/Bradrick families. So quiet on the baby front for a year now. Blair and Taylor had their girl last August but nothing since.

I've been wondering about them, too. They're my guilty pleasure after the Maxhells. It seems that with such a constant flow of grandbabies, Scott is nowadays only announcing their births, not the whole pregnancy thing. So maybe we are treated with some sweet blessed baybee news in the very near future - it's about time, isn't it? :roll:

How I wish that Kelly B. had a blog... :pray: THAT would be a real snark goldmine!

I've been wondering about them, too. They're my guilty pleasure after the Maxhells. It seems that with such a constant flow of grandbabies, Scott is nowadays only announcing their births, not the whole pregnancy thing. So maybe we are treated with some sweet blessed baybee news in the very near future - it's about time, isn't it? :roll:

How I wish that Kelly B. had a blog... :pray: THAT would be a real snark goldmine!

Ditto. Scott seems to be less and less excited about the impending arrival of any of his grandkids. The last one that got a pg announcement was David and Monica's first. The last grandchild didn't even get a birth announcement, she just a mention 4 months later in the Brown's glorified Christmas brag rag/glossy photo book (an unsubtle way to advertise how much money he has to his minions if there ever was one).

I wouldn't be surprised if that's as good as it gets from now on. We discovered Kelly's pgcy number 4 by a comment on her FB page (since made private) and number 5 wasn't discovered until his early birth. Ditto for Blair's first and David's second. I think they're A. Fairly ho-hum about new grandkids now. They're not that special when they happen 3 times a year and B. tired of the gossip/snark. :cry:

The Wissman's haven't posted, so I doubt it's Caleb and Abby.

Why would the Wissman's post it? Abby is a Grady.

ETA: I think you meant Josiah and Abi Wissman

let's hope not....that would be 5 in 5 years wouldn't it?! I was on Rachel and Joe's FB and nothing...

I thought Monica would have a 3rd child by now. She Had her first child in February '11 and her second in April '12.

Aaaaaaaand: Melissa Sanford, née McDonald with a quick announcement on her blog!

Anyone know how Katy from Tales From the Little White House is doing? She's been silent for a while now.

Aaaaaaaand: Melissa Sanford, née McDonald with a quick announcement on her blog!

Good grief! That didn't take long at all!!

Archived