IGNORED

Dinah Seppi's Betrothal

DomWackTroll

That is a lengthy looking contract. I wish we could read it. I can't find the video.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be pissed if Mr. Womb made a marriage proposal about him and God (nor would I be married to Mr. Womb, because I know how to use my "no"), but she does seem genuinely happy. Now go, cleave unto each other, and leave us the fuck alone.

Kind of reminded me of when Mr. Collins proposes to Elizabeth in Pride & Prejudice and it is all about himself and Lady Catherine De Bourgh.

Oh my heavens, THEY ARE TOUCHING! Full on hug, none of this fundie-side-hug. Who knew that the Seppis are less righteous than the Maxwells?

I'm confused by the headcovering too, especially considering that there's that wedding picture where the bride's strapless. Also, it might be my Catholic southern European background, but I don't see the point of a solemn drink with no alcohol (I'm assuming it's not wine?)

Oh, it's wine. They're Reformed Presbyterians and they think alcohol in moderation is fine.

Why do the men all have such white teeth? Such white teeth are immoral methinks. At the very least, the glowing white teeth are scary.

That is a lengthy looking contract. I wish we could read it. I can't find the video.

the video is in a different post: melodys-notes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/dustins-marriage-proposal-to-dinah-on.html

They were only courting for 5 weeks!? :shock:

melodys-notes.blogspot.nl/2013/05/courtship.html

They were only courting for 5 weeks!? :shock:

melodys-notes.blogspot.nl/2013/05/courtship.html

There are even shorter fundie courtships. Noah & Darthy (Sanders/Morton) courted for 2-3 days before getting engaged. And then there are Emily Brower and her hot husband Ben who never really courted at all but went straight to the engagement part. If I remember correctly, they never really talked with each other before the engagement...

By the way, and a bit off-topic, but that picture of Regina and Greg on the left side of the Seppi blog makes me want to puke so bad... :ew:

There are even shorter fundie courtships. Noah & Darthy (Sanders/Morton) courted for 2-3 days before getting engaged. And then there are Emily Brower and her hot husband Ben who never really courted at all but went straight to the engagement part. If I remember correctly, they never really talked with each other before the engagement...

WTF? Has this been discussed before. :shock:

WTF? Has this been discussed before. :shock:

I had to do some digging before I found it again. It's here: oldcountrycottage.blogspot.fi/2011/08/youre-getting-married.html

It's actually worse than I remembered, with the ring talk with the parents and all...

So was Emily 19 when she got married or 17? confused. But my word. Her wedding dress was beautiful. Exactly what I want.

Someone needs to explain this homosexual clothing to me. So much I didn't know about how teh gayz are trying to fill us with their homosessualness.

Well, we do know that homosexual clothing must be fairly modern because according to this (really hateful blog):

For 1500 years there wasn’t a single case of Homosexuality. The death penalty was given for this death-style. Walt Whitman, Oscar Wilde and Jeremy Benthem were the only known Sodomites for 250 years.

Apparently it's all just a modern invention although I have trouble understanding just who they put to death if there wasn't any homosexuality. I'm also wondering what happened before 1500 years ago or do they believe the world is only 1500 years old? Of course, that would make Jesus impossible. Fundie logic is so hard to follow sometimes!

Maybe the covenant cup is in the same vein as the Pearl childrens' marriages? Like it's more important to be bound together in a biblical fashion rather than the legal sense because of the Homosexual Agenda :roll:

Also-DWT, your avatar is frightening :shock:

By the way, and a bit off-topic, but that picture of Regina and Greg on the left side of the Seppi blog makes me want to puke so bad... :ew:

As I understand it, in certain fundy circles, courting is synonymous with engagement, so it would make sense that courtships would be very short. The contract, on the other hand, I don't think that's normal anywhere.

I agree about the picture of Regina and Greg. Skeeved me right out, and I don't usually care about May/December relationships. Also, Does anyone else think Dinah would stunning with a little makeup and a real hairstyle?

Check out the new picture. Titled "Affordable Housing in Hooterville" is that where their going to be living?

Check out the new picture. Titled "Affordable Housing in Hooterville" is that where their going to be living?

Just saw the sepia pic, lol

I know they want to look poise and sophisticated, but barefeet Dinah in her mumu-dress and her loverboy with the big belt and big shovel in front of that shack just reminded me of countless B-movie horror flicks I watched as a teenager.

You know, this kind of generic gore splatter where a bunch of teenagers on a road trip through the deep south take a wrong turn and end up in a little town which is not on their map and where time seems to have frozen around the 1930s ... and which turns out to be entirely inhabited by incestuous cannibals who love to devour on young yankee flesh :mrgreen: In beginning, there´s always a scene where the soon-to-be-skinned-alive-teens enter town and drive in slow motion, so you can have a good look on all the weird townsfolk on their porches, just staring ...

AND THEY BOTH LOOK JUST LIKE THAT COUPLE WHO WILL BURY THE CORPSES AT THE SECRET GRAVEHILL FULL OF BONES, SKULLS AND RUSTY FORDS ! Ha! There, I said it! :cracking-up:

I will now call them "the Wrong Turners" as in honor of my favvie Backwoods flick !

Looks like they will be marrying on September 21, 2013 and are registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and amazon.

To me it looks like they are doing a cringingly awkward fundie version of a sexy photo. I mean, look at them! Look at her pose! Look at her face! Look at how he's standing! It's insane. I can't stop looking at it because it just gets weirder. Whose idea was it? Does this mean Seppi children have seen magazines with evil sinful fashion models who are not smiling in Wholesome Wear? So many questions.

Dustin 'purposed?' Did they just spell proposed wrong, or is this something unique to the Seppis? This is the first time I've gone to their blog, so I'm clueless. :think:

Definitely a typo -- has anyone noticed that now it is magically spelled correctly?

Well, based on their posts, they must live VERY close to where I grew up. A small patch of farming community in California. I certainly could believe that pic was from there but they certainly wouldn't be far from comforts of modernity. There is lots of farmland but it's not like you're in the middle of OK or anything.... (no offense to the Oklahomans! Oklahoma, OK!)

Someone needs to explain this homosexual clothing to me. So much I didn't know about how teh gayz are trying to fill us with their homosessualness.

My best friend is a gay dude. He recently sent me an email detailing his encounter with a hot guy he recognized from Grindr at the grocery store. My friend was wearing "huge white gym shorts, a stretched-out t-shirt, a sweater with holes in it, and a beanie," had a huge unkempt beard, and was buying two two-pound bags of M&Ms and a gallon of milk because he had the munchies. The attractive guy was in a nice suit. My friend wanted to know if I had any thoughts on why he hadn't been able to hook up with this guy yet, but I'm using the information he provided in order to determine that teh gay uniform is either whatever you can find on your apartment floor after smoking a bowl, or a nice wool suit. No in between!!

My best friend is a gay dude. He recently sent me an email detailing his encounter with a hot guy he recognized from Grindr at the grocery store. My friend was wearing "huge white gym shorts, a stretched-out t-shirt, a sweater with holes in it, and a beanie," had a huge unkempt beard, and was buying two two-pound bags of M&Ms and a gallon of milk because he had the munchies. The attractive guy was in a nice suit. My friend wanted to know if I had any thoughts on why he hadn't been able to hook up with this guy yet, but I'm using the information he provided in order to determine that teh gay uniform is either whatever you can find on your apartment floor after smoking a bowl, or a nice wool suit. No in between!!

• 1 month later...

Archived