IGNORED

FamTeam "week-end"

0 kids n not countin

The Benji washing machine prank. :lol:

Holy crap! I've never seen that one before. :lol: :lol: Was Mrs A the first one to start crying, or was she (wishful thinking) actually laughing? That was October 2011 and Wizzie was crying over a stuffed penguin? I'll give the little boys a break, but Wizzie is a teenager. :shock:

So much effort to put into a silly prank. Perhaps even Luke and Mark are beginning to think the penguin obsession is a little weird.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the boys courting. Well, even if they met someone who was willing to court as opposed to date, any sensible young woman would take one look at the Arndt set up and run screaming for the hills.

As far as the boys courting. Well, even if they met someone who was willing to court as opposed to date, any sensible young woman would take one look at the Arndt set up and run screaming for the hills.

True.

I wonder if any of them ever honestly reflect on their situation – the cause of it, whether they can do anything to change it, what the future is going to be like, etc. Or are they just content to be aging Peter Pans forever?

Christ, even Peter Pan had a fairy girlfriend and got a thimble from Wendy.

It could be that their blog is even more controlled than the Maxwells - which says something as the Arndts never post anything negative. So readers (I would imagine mainly us) only see the clean cut 'idyllic' life. Where as the Maxwells do post about Teri's Pepsi addiction or her depression, the courtship fails or Poor Sara not being grateful. Even if it is to highlight god coming to the rescue or to flog another book.

Do the Arndts go to a real church, or are they (safe at) home churchers? Because if they do go to an actual church, shouldn't ONE of them have been able to establish some kind of relationship with a somewhat similarly raised young woman by now?

Do the Arndts go to a real church, or are they (safe at) home churchers? Because if they do go to an actual church, shouldn't ONE of them have been able to establish some kind of relationship with a somewhat similarly raised young woman by now?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong -- the Arndts are/were Catholic. IDK if they go to church regularly.

I'm sure they are not as isolated as they appear. At least one of the older boys is a court reporter and would have to deal with some seamy stuff.

I think they are all stuck in adolescence and just have no idea how to approach the opposite sex without giggling and looking foolish.

Definitely, they should hook up with the 7 sisters, they are about the same in terms of maturity, but there may be too many doctrinal differences.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong -- the Arndts are/were Catholic. IDK if they go to church regularly.

I'm sure they are not as isolated as they appear. At least one of the older boys is a court reporter and would have to deal with some seamy stuff.

I think they are all stuck in adolescence and just have no idea how to approach the opposite sex without giggling and looking foolish.

Definitely, they should hook up with the 7 sisters, they are about the same in terms of maturity, but there may be too many doctrinal differences.

They used to be Catholic. I believe they now belong to the Church O'Rick.

I think the Seven Sisters are out. Wizzy's shorts would frighten them, and I don't think the boys would want to take women in frumpers to Cardinals games.

Ah, but Mrs. A could give the sisters a makeover and get them all into little white shorts and shiny pink lipstick. The girls would just love the ducks and all that 4H experience would be so useful to the Arndts.

And they could all play pranks on each other. They would laugh so much!

It is a match made in heaven. :twisted:

Holy crap! I've never seen that one before. :lol: :lol: Was Mrs A the first one to start crying, or was she (wishful thinking) actually laughing? That was October 2011 and Wizzie was crying over a stuffed penguin? I'll give the little boys a break, but Wizzie is a teenager. :shock:

So much effort to put into a silly prank. Perhaps even Luke and Mark are beginning to think the penguin obsession is a little weird.

Omg :shock: I never realized how immature they were and Wizzie losing her shit over a stuffed animal? Something is seriously creepy and wrong with this family if I have ever seen immaturity in my life this tops it.

They remind me of the Coneheads, from Saturday Night Live, except the Coneheads were fictional (and "from France"). They mimic "normal" activities and interactions, but there's something "off". Way off.

There are a lot of strange fundie families out there, but I find the Arndts to be especially...disturbing. They seem to be a regular family, but you get the impression that there's a whole lot of crazy not too far from the surface.

Mrs A is laughing, look at her eyes.

Nooooo...noooooo....*backs away in horror*

I can't get the link to the video to work, what am I doing wrong?

I am close enough to take one for the team. But what exactly is it? I don't want to just go sit and watch a ball game. Are there meetings/speakers, etc?

I am close enough to take one for the team. But what exactly is it? I don't want to just go sit and watch a ball game. Are there meetings/speakers, etc?

Sounds like it's a ball game / picnic / carnival. It doesn't appear there are formal speeches or presentations, aside from thanking those in attendance.

Wear your most defrauding attire (or St. Louis Cardinals jersey), and convince at least one Arndt son to run off with you. If we don't hear from you within 24 hours, we'll send a rescue party out for you, as they may have locked you in with the ducks.

Seriously, you are brave to even contemplate a Hazardous Journey into the Arndt Empire. Just looking at their website creeps me out.

Mrs A is laughing, look at her eyes.

Nooo, don't look into her eyes! That's how she ENSNARES YOU!!!!! Avoid eye contact with the queen lest you be assimilated into the FamTeam!

I was just thinking that they are all 'baby busters' I wonder if they all go to Camp Kissa Me Mommy?

:lol:

They used to be Catholic. I believe they now belong to the Church O'Rick.

I think the Seven Sisters are out. Wizzy's shorts would frighten them, and I don't think the boys would want to take women in frumpers to Cardinals games.

Don't they call their church "Safe at Home Ministry," or have they dropped that?

I actually think the Seven Sisters have a better shot at assimilating than the Arndts. They didn't start out fundie, their parents got more conservative after the first few kids. They have non-fundie "friends" who wear non-frumpers, and even their mom wears yoga pants when she's doing her T-Tap coaching. And they participate in activities outside their family, like 4-H and the local orchestra.

The only thing the Arndts have going for them vs. Seven Sisters is that it seems like the older girls keep everyone in line, whereas it seems like not all of the Arndt boys even interact with each other.

Sounds like it's a ball game / picnic / carnival. It doesn't appear there are formal speeches or presentations, aside from thanking those in attendance.

Wear your most defrauding attire (or St. Louis Cardinals jersey), and convince at least one Arndt son to run off with you. If we don't hear from you within 24 hours, we'll send a rescue party out for you, as they may have locked you in with the ducks.

Seriously, you are brave to even contemplate a Hazardous Journey into the Arndt Empire. Just looking at their website creeps me out.

I am close enough too but that date doesn't work for me. Also, I am not at all convinced there won't be a whole lot of witnessing going on before and during the game. Not up for that at all. Cardinals gear would certainly be appropriate. If I was going to go, I would pair my form fitting Cardinals shirt with a pair of white shorts. Be sure and go with someone -- as we know from watching the Duggers, there's safety in twos. Protects you from the big, bad world. :)

I haven't been keeping up with the Arndts for ages because... I actually have a life... There needs to be a documentary on this family.

Also, if I lived closer to them I probably would do the "Arndt Challenge" and report back. Whan an experiece that would be :lol:

I haven't been keeping up with the Arndts for ages because... I actually have a life... There needs to be a documentary on this family.

Also, if I lived closer to them I probably would do the "Arndt Challenge" and report back. Whan an experiece that would be :lol:

Seems to me they're filming their own documentary!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived