IGNORED

Kendal adopted a little boy

latraviata

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Kendal

I hope you have given up on your all day "training sessions". No one deserves to be hit (and yes, spanking is hitting you nitwit).

How fundies can claim children are a blessing in one sentence, then in the next take pride in the fact they hit them is beyond my comprehension.

Dear Kendal

I hope you have given up on your all day "training sessions". No one deserves to be hit (and yes, spanking is hitting you nitwit).

How fundies can claim children are a blessing in one sentence, then in the next take pride in the fact they hit them is beyond my comprehension.

Fundies don't like children at all. They talk about them like they are their natural enemy. They don't bring them up, they mold them forcibly into their desired shape.

A passing interest & accessory. Celebrities & funnies do love kids as an accessory!

They do seem to have a type they go after, babies/disabled/whatnot

As an adoptive parent I just don't get it. She has 4 bio children, 3 girls and a boy. And she gets to adopt a newborn when so many others wait and wait. She has trouble managing 4 kids, now she has a 5th. My children are grown up, and from my observations of them and many other adopted kids they tend to take after their birth families, rather than their adoptive families. This can work well when you respect your kids and love them for their own unique personalities and quirks, but if you're looking for them to be just like your bio kids or like you there is trouble. I don't think long term this is going to be a happy story.

As an adoptive parent I just don't get it. She has 4 bio children, 3 girls and a boy. And she gets to adopt a newborn when so many others wait and wait. She has trouble managing 4 kids, now she has a 5th. My children are grown up, and from my observations of them and many other adopted kids they tend to take after their birth families, rather than their adoptive families. This can work well when you respect your kids and love them for their own unique personalities and quirks, but if you're looking for them to be just like your bio kids or like you there is trouble. I don't think long term this is going to be a happy story.

I've found it interesting that Kendals bio kids have been mentioned so many times on her adoption threads.. Maybe it is because the only person I know to ever do a domestic adoption already had 4 bio children, but either way, I don't understand the big deal. :?

A passing interest & accessory. Celebrities & funnies do love kids as an accessory!

They do seem to have a type they go after, babies/disabled/whatnot

For Kendal, it is a badge of honor. She decided to adopt because she figured that since she was "pro-life" she shouldn't just talk the talk, she should walk the walk. In her pea brain her adopting a kid is saving it from abortion. Her motivations are purely selfish. She was annoyed by the level of paper work she had to fill out to adopt. If she gets annoyed by that, she has no business adopting.

No no no no no no no no no no. :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

Good luck, sweet baby boy. You are going to need it growing up in that horrid home. At least since he's a boy, maybe he can escape to college in 18 years? My heart hurts for kids who have to grow up in a home like that. :(

...think now that she has her adopted baby, she'll start blogging again?

I've found it interesting that Kendals bio kids have been mentioned so many times on her adoption threads.. Maybe it is because the only person I know to ever do a domestic adoption already had 4 bio children, but either way, I don't understand the big deal. :?

The big deal is that for every child available for adoption there are many, many potential adoptive parents. Most of those waiting to adopt are unable to have biological children. Adoption is sadly a very expensive option today, and it's not unusual for adoptions to cost $10,000 to $30,000. A lot of people who would make great parents can't afford to adopt. If you have enough money it is possible for anyone to adopt. We have an adoption culture today that instead of being about the needs of the child is more about the wants of potential adopters. Does Kendal need another child? Were there no other potential adopters willing to adopt this newborn baby boy? I seriously doubt it.

Perhaps you are a bio parent, I don't know. I doubt you know what it is like to want a child and see others able to adopt so easily when you've waited so long. That's the big deal.

Just in case I was in doubt, it's now patently obvious that there is no god :angry-banghead:

I come from a large family of 10 kids we all started out as a foster children and were what most would consider unadoptable due to special needs (ADHD, drug exposed, etc.) I know that's how we grew to such a large number. Only two adoptions were done privately and the last one they were very hesitant due to the sheer number, but many of us began to leave home as the years went on and she's currently 14 and her and my other younger sister who is 17 are the only two still at home. I can't see fundies going the foster care route like my parents did I wonder what young birth mother was coerced into adopting her baby out to kenDull.

How the F*$& is someone like Kendul allowed to adopt a NEWBORN, when there are so many other better human beings out there willing and able to raise these babies? :angry-banghead:

Isn't she one of the people who brags about beating the hell out of small children in a systematic way ?

I understand some LIGHT physical discipline is legal and generally socially acceptable to many people - but surely it can't be legal to beat your children the way the Pearls advocate ? Right ? Don't they have to say what kind of consequences they'll give their children and promise to obey the law when they sign up to adopt -- do they just lie, or is it not asked, or is that level of punishment actually legal and acceptable in some parts of the country ?

Isn't she one of the people who brags about beating the hell out of small children in a systematic way ?

I understand some LIGHT physical discipline is legal and generally socially acceptable to many people - but surely it can't be legal to beat your children the way the Pearls advocate ? Right ? Don't they have to say what kind of consequences they'll give their children and promise to obey the law when they sign up to adopt -- do they just lie, or is it not asked, or is that level of punishment actually legal and acceptable in some parts of the country ?

Yup she is one of the fundies who has bragged about beating her kids. I recall that she even wrote on the blog that her husband took the day off of work so they could decide together about spanking one of her kids. I also remember something about social services contacting her, but I can't remember the whole story on that.

I feel for this baby's bio mom. I'm sure she thought she was giving her son to a warm, loving, religious family. Instead they raise their children to be little robots who are spanked for any independent thinking.

How come an infertile couple wouldn't be given preference over a fertile couple with 4 kids? And if she really wanted to give a kid a good home then she wouldn't have gone for the very in demand newborn.

How come an infertile couple wouldn't be given preference over a fertile couple with 4 kids? And if she really wanted to give a kid a good home then she wouldn't have gone for the very in demand newborn.

Because too often today adoption is about the wants of potential adoptive parents, not the needs of children.

Archived