IGNORED

Chad and Erin

busmgr

Having recently graduated from college, I can understand waiting until AFTER you graduate to start planning a wedding. I can only imagine the chaos of planning a wedding while still in school full time. Plus Erin has about 30ish students that she gives lessons to and she said in an interview (I think with that Greg Howlett guy) that she has 2 piano teachers.

Also, a former classmate got married the day after graduation. Not sure what she was thinking (not to judge bc I'm sure she thought it might be more efficient to do it that way)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was rehabbing a cottage on their rural property in Oklahoma--but I also thought that at one time his whole (large) family was living in a trailer. I think multiple Payne siblings have done work stints at the Gothard Vatican.

I wonder if he will get to keep it for himself and Erin? Any photos of it?

Having recently graduated from college, I can understand waiting until AFTER you graduate to start planning a wedding. I can only imagine the chaos of planning a wedding while still in school full time. Plus Erin has about 30ish students that she gives lessons to and she said in an interview (I think with that Greg Howlett guy) that she has 2 piano teachers.

Also, a former classmate got married the day after graduation. Not sure what she was thinking (not to judge bc I'm sure she thought it might be more efficient to do it that way)

Random, but. My parents got married right after graduation, and they were both so swamped that my grandmother ended up planning most of the wedding. It worked out okay, 'cause they were mostly interested in getting married and moving the hell away from Dodge, but still. So nerve-wracking...

Also, your classmate is slightly insane. IMHO.

I defended my Masters thesis in Dec. 2008 and got married in May 2009, and that was so stressful that I had a mini-breakdown. I can't imagine doing that kind of thing even more concurrently.

I defended my Masters thesis in Dec. 2008 and got married in May 2009, and that was so stressful that I had a mini-breakdown. I can't imagine doing that kind of thing even more concurrently.

Went to college with a number of students who got married immediately after graduation as well as knew a couple of students who got married before. The ones planning the weddings right afterward were pretty stressed out between finishing school and the wedding planning. The two classmates who got married before, got married earlier in the senior year and I remember they did that in order to not have to deal with both graduation and wedding at the same. Though one of them got pregnant immediately and was finishing up a couple of months before having the baby. She was having a tough time; she wasn't expecting (no pun intended) that.

Heh... I'm doing that now.

Graduate law school in May, get married in June, take the bar in July. I might be nuts.

I wonder if Erin is prepared to be a housewife. Alyssa and Michael seemed way more into cooking and even the mom bought Erin a cookbook for blondes from their reality show.

I wonder if Erin is prepared to be a housewife. Alyssa and Michael seemed way more into cooking and even the mom bought Erin a cookbook for blondes from their reality show.

Maybe she'll get to be less of a housewife, and more of a minister's wife? Teach music and Sunday school and whatnot

Chad is 26 years old. It's so hard to believe that anybody can force a 26-year-old MAN to do anything.

I don't know. I heard Chad's dad gave up his practice to follow Gothard to headquarters because Gothard told his dad that God wanted him to work there.

Mela99, I hope you're right. I think Erin would be happier if she had more of a role outside the home. I hope at least she will be able to keep teaching piano and performing - it seems like she really does enjoy that. In a way I think she's lucky to have a passion/talent that fits within her family's/boyfriend's lifestyle and views. Of course, we'd like them all to have more freedom, less repressing and offensive views, etc. but it also has to be very hard to leave and if someone is happy where she's at, at least that's better than being downright miserable.

Random, but. My parents got married right after graduation, and they were both so swamped that my grandmother ended up planning most of the wedding. It worked out okay, 'cause they were mostly interested in getting married and moving the hell away from Dodge, but still. So nerve-wracking...

Also, your classmate is slightly insane. IMHO.

That's what happened to one of my mom's friend's daughter last year. I think she got married a week after she graduated from college but her mom (and my mom as her friend/assistant) ended up doing most of the planning. My mom and I were kind-of surprised she wasn't more involved because she seemed like the type of person to be really into the wedding planning process and have everything look just as she wanted. But I think like your parents, they just wanted to get married and move out.

Heh... I'm doing that now.

Graduate law school in May, get married in June, take the bar in July. I might be nuts.

Best of luck! Don't feel bad about taking time for yourself away from studying and planning. I made myself feel so guilty that I got physically ill. That's not the way to go about it. Luckily, my then-fiance knows I take on too much and helped me slow down a little.

My SIL is doing the same thing you did. She did her thesis this past spring and is getting married this month. She has been stressed out for months. I'm kind of surprised she hasn't had a breakdown yet.

Maybe she'll get to be less of a housewife, and more of a minister's wife? Teach music and Sunday school and whatnot

I could see this happening. It's refreshing to see how Erin doesn't really seem to want an enormous litter of kids, maybe because I've never really wanted kids either (got my first taste of a full time kid when I was young and long story short I wanted to be sterilized immediately). I also agree with whoever suggested she might have more of a say in the decisions. Chad does seem to worship the ground she walks on.

:worship:

It almost makes me want to sneak her away from her family and tell her all about birth control options :twisted: :lol: let her know that God REALLY gave us free will and is ok with women using birth control

Why does he like her so much? Shes not as good looking as him and has a jennifer lawrence face shape.

She seems like a happy girl.

And srsly, what's with the snark on JLaw? Love her.

Why does he like her so much? Shes not as good looking as him and has a jennifer lawrence face shape.

Shallow much?

Nothing wrong with that. Jennifer Lawrence is awesome!

Chad likes Erin because he obviously finds her attractive, and also likes her as a person, they get on well, and seem to be a really good couple who love eachother.

Not all of us are so lucky that we can just marry for hotness. Some of us (fundies included) have to settle for love.

Troll.

Jlaw was fat for a while but recently has gotten a lot skinner. If you are going to be an entertainer, you should try to be your best.

I'm just saying that guy is more attractive than her, which seems to be the opposite these days.

Jlaw was fat for a while but recently has gotten a lot skinner. If you are going to be an entertainer, you should try to be your best.

I'm just saying that guy is more attractive than her, which seems to be the opposite these days.

Ah, the mormon. Maybe if you're going to schill for your religion you should try to be less of a judgmental prick.

Reading everything you are posting pings my trolldar. You are an ex-atheist Mormon engineer who thinks it is acceptable for a gyno to deny birth control and you make fun of a fundie's looks while also trash talking a gorgeous Oscar winner? Too much. :wtf:

If there is ever a movie made about my life, I want Jennifer Lawrence playing me.

That is all. Carry on.

Archived