IGNORED

Chad and Erin

busmgr

I think Chad and Erin have sweet, sweet hand sex when the camera isn't on them. I really do!

And I think the big engagement obstacle has been Chad securing gainful employment/a place to live.

Finally, I think that Erin is one of those Southern Gals (yes, ladies, I said gals) who started planning her wedding when she was 12 years old or so. I had a lot of hometown classmates like that--in their mind, the dresses & flowers are all designed, and the music selections are all picked out. The groom is just a TBD formality to be added to the program at a later date!

Not that I don't think Chad & Erin aren't head over heels with each other. I just think that Erin's been filling up her hope chest and her wedding planning notebook for the past decade.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw that Chad is on a Journey to the Heart. I wonder what's up with that and from his post, it doesn't sound like it was planned.

I just saw that Chad is on a Journey to the Heart. I wonder what's up with that and from his post, it doesn't sound like it was planned.

Why do these people have to desecrate the beautiful little area I was born and raised in...ugh...it makes me absolutely sick!!!!

Edited because I am too angry to spell correctly

Awwww hope it wasnt forced because he was getting a bit close to Erin.

I feel for all the poor kids/young adults forced into brainwashing camp against their will.

Yeah, it is, but it seems that for fundies things are different. Despite not allowing teenagers, they sure prolong childhood to cover both the teenage years and all adult years until marriage, whether you get married at 18 or 40. Which is kind of odd when theres a fundie kid who married young, but they also have another sibling who is older than they were when they were married yet treated like if they were alone for a second they would try sticking their hand in the toaster, despite how their brother or sister was living with their partner and kids by their age.

Its like youre expected to have the understanding and maturity of a 12 year old from being 2 to whatever age you get married.

he probably whacked off and then felt guilty, and confessed.

"off to JTTH for you, chad!"

Just a thought...

Could Chad be getting "reprimanded" for his being very vocal and open about his feelings for Erin? He is very open about it on his and his family's blog, and I bet he is in real life, too.

Up until a few weeks ago every single post which involved Erin had a little "I <3 Erin" at the bottom... Maybe the families are worried that this might be defrauding or something.

Or perhaps is it Erin who is feeling too much pressure?

Hmm... On the Bates front, it looks like Michael took a trip to my neck of the woods in Michigan to visit a family and spend some time in Frankenmuth. I wonder if she has some prospects for marriage...

Interesting that Chad is on a JTTH. I wonder what happened to facilitate that. I was kinda sorry to hear it. He seems very into Erin and they clearly care about each other. While I don't care for the princessey vibe she can give off, in her pictures with Chad she seems geniunely happy. I hope this doesn't mess things up for them.

It's pretty hard to believe that a 26 year old man can be forced to do something like this. It amazes me how adults can be treated as children no matter how old they are until marriage. And I am sure that for some, it doesn't stop then.

While many at FJ view all JTTH trips as retraining or punishment, actually some ATIers do go voluntarily. He many have chosen to go for some reason.

Yeah, I guess Journey to the Heart can seem appealing for some fundies (no little siblings, get to make friends, get to spend some time away from parents), even though it is like being in Hell for the rebellious ones. For Sarah Maxwell, it would probably be like going to Disneyland, judging by how joyless her life is.

I look about ten years younger than I am, so I'm used to being called a girl by people who may not know my age (not by colleagues at work). I suppose it doesn't bother me because I know I look like I'm around 16 years old.

People always think I'm 17 or so when I'm older than that and it bugs the hell out of of me. I'm short and I don't wear makeup much, so that probably makes it worse.

I want credit for all the years I've been alive.

On the calling adult women "girls" front, the worst offenders I've ever seen were the old white women at my old job that had nurses/aides. They would call their adult, at least 20+ years old caretakers "girls." Like, "Oh, I'll give this cake to my girl."

To make it worse, almost all of the nurses/aides were women of color too. So that would make it look even worse.

I bought my dress a week before we got engagd ;)

I knew a totally un-fundie couple (they got married in Vegas, with her in a short dress - VERY un-fundie) who were planning away their wedding before being officially engaged - booking the venue, plane tickets, honeymoon, the dress, etc, but mostly because he was finishing up a divorce from his first wife and they thought it'd be weird to be engaged and married at the same time. Guess they found it less weird though to have a date picked and all, with their families knowing about it and all they had left to do were small details by the time the first ring was on the finger.

And as someone else mentioned, Erin might be like a lot of gals who have ideas for the wedding beforehand. That doesn't mean it's planned - I knew when I got engaged that I wanted daisies in my bouquet, but that's different than interviewing florists and putting deposits down for contracts where the bouquets are spelled out in detail. Of course, she probably won't have too much to do anyway because it seems like with fundies their parents and churches do a lot of the legwork.

And yeah, I agree that Chad not having a stable job might be a big reason they're not already married.

Chad is LEADING a JTTH--that means he got a call from HQ not his folks. He's leading it.

He got a call from HQ to come work for them? I wouldnt have thought he was Gothard's type...

He got a call from HQ to come work for them? I wouldnt have thought he was Gothard's type...

Ok, so he's not in trouble then. Though I didn't think he was Gothard's type either.

One comment regarding the fact that he doesn't have a stable job being behind the delay in getting married; Erin is used to a dad without a stable occupation and actually quit a stable gig to work for himself. Given the history of employment instability, not sure that's going to be a deterrent to their getting married.

Maybe he has to do one BEFORE he pops the question? Like Davey and Priscilla - both of them were on them before he proposed. Maybe Gothard wants to try and link his shit to successful marriages. Two couples to sell it so far.

I wonder if this is some kind of precursor to Chad getting a job at HQ once he gets married, like it seems to have been for David...

I wonder if this is some kind of precursor to Chad getting a job at HQ once he gets married, like it seems to have been for David...

I've suspected he'd get a job at HQ for some time now. Strong family and friend connections, needs a solid job before getting married, and (last but not least) I find it much easier picturing Erin living in Chicago than in the middle of Oklahoma.

It kind of squicks me out that a grown man uses the word "precious".

Am I the only one who automatically thinks of the film "Labyrinth"? Not that any fundie would ever be allowed to watch it. Which is a shame. (At least to me, seeing as it is my favorite film)

Then again when you think of that film, yeah a grown man using the term precious could be seen as squicky.

Am I the only one who automatically thinks of the film "Labyrinth"? Not that any fundie would ever be allowed to watch it. Which is a shame. (At least to me, seeing as it is my favorite film)

Then again when you think of that film, yeah a grown man using the term precious could be seen as squicky.

His use of the word 'precious' was nowhere near as squicky as his prominent crotch bulge throughout the entire film.

It's always the innocent looking ones that suck you in. Then BAM....they condemn your soul to eternal damnation. :twisted:

Not a stable "job"--those are evil. A home/family based business is the only acceptable thing as well as a debt-free home. I thought he had a small house he was rehab-ing? I might have him confused with someone else.

He was rehabbing a cottage on their rural property in Oklahoma--but I also thought that at one time his whole (large) family was living in a trailer. I think multiple Payne siblings have done work stints at the Gothard Vatican.

Archived