IGNORED

Ear Worms

Lillybee

I think that we all have music running through our heads at certain times.

I had the hardest time getting rid of Lenord Cohen's Sisters of Mercy and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. But lately this tune is stuck.

Does anyone else have music stuck in their heads?

I've had Thrift Shop in my head for a week. Damn you Mackelmoore for your catchy tune :angry-banghead:

Yesterday was a mix of Who Booty and that inane Taylor Swift song about never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever getting back together.

Ever.

Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines has been stuck in my head for weeks now- I mean, he's super hot and all, but really, the lyrics in this are a bit much. This should be the "suitable for work" version of the video, not the NSFW one with the half naked women all over the place.

yyDUC1LUXSU

Er, that song about Duloc that the info booth thing sings in Shrek. Despite the fact that I saw the movie once, when it first came out, I somehow remember all the words.

There are so many... most of them are pleasant but I have recently seen a korean horror movie where there was a super scary nursery rhyme in the movie... It's unbelievably creepy to me, and it keeps playing in my head. It gave me nightmares and I woke up in a cold pool of sweat. I've been looking for it on youtube - like I need more of it! - but I can't find it with the seekwords that come to mind.

NHozn0YXAeE

You know all of you want this song stuck in your head.

NHozn0YXAeE

:lol:

I personally would pick Mmmbop over Taylor Swift and her never ever ever ever in five billion years getting back together with anyone song any day.

:embarrassed: Mmmbop is in the top 25 on my iPod. Can I help it that I grew up in the 90's?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had that Skynard song Simple Kind of Man stuck in my head because the History Channel (I think?) is using it in promos for a new show. Better than Thrift Shop, I guess :lol:

NHozn0YXAeE

And if you need another earworm to replace the MMMbop kids, try this one:

OIqMflhH1LY

Vintage mullet and line dance included

This is apparently also an earworm:

wxystpPE1xU

And I'm responsible for introducing it to a bunch of pre- & grade-school kids at my son's after-school French program, where it's a runaway hit. I'll admit, it's catchy, and I've learned a dozen new words in French from singing it. :)

The newest one is Twist of Barbwire, written by Elvis Costello and sung by Jonathan Jackson.

My son just got an Arm & Hammer toothbrush that plays, "We Will Rock You," as you scrub away, Freddie Mercury vocals and all. It plays until you're supposed to spit. Needless to say, it's firmly ingrained in my head.

"Dumb Ways To Die" thanks to an app my kid discovered.

Can not stop hearing it.

All night trying to fall asleep it haunts me.

"Just give me a reason,

Just a little bit's enough

Just a second we're not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again"

That's been the major ear worm for me lately.

"Dumb Ways To Die" thanks to an app my kid discovered.

Can not stop hearing it.

All night trying to fall asleep it haunts me.

Same for me since someone posted another variation on Facebook this morning.

• 3 months later...

I am cursed with ongoing nonstop ear worms, that can change in an instant with the next song or phrase heard. Maybe its being OCD with ADHD, but it's nonstop for me.

My local news station must have a resident songwriter because they have these commercials that drive me up a wall, each one has 4 8 measure phrases, and the last part is the "hokey catch phrase." Slightly different tunes, but all written to a formula, those stick until I drive to work and anything heard on the radio takes over.

I sometimes have to ask hubby to sing a different song, just so I can get rid of the one going around.

I do seem to have a strange twist to it. I love classical music, and those get replayed over and over, with complete orchestration. I guess most people just hear the main tune and lyrics, I hear all the individual instruments and can pick out different parts. I'm so totally weird

It's just a part of me. I do have the going to sleep issue, I have to sometimes just tell myself STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP repeatedly to get it out of my head.

• 5 weeks later...
Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines has been stuck in my head for weeks now- I mean, he's super hot and all, but really, the lyrics in this are a bit much. This should be the "suitable for work" version of the video, not the NSFW one with the half naked women all over the place.

yyDUC1LUXSU

Is Robin Thicke related to Alan Thicke?

I never understood exactly why Alan Thicke keeps coming back again and again.

Archived