IGNORED

Modern Pharisee blog

Has anyone mentioned this fellow before? (A search of the FJ archive turned up nothing.) Tagline: "I'm a Reformed Predestinarian Polygynist (Polygamy) who would be regarded as a Paleo-Conservative, and a Constitutional Originalist, but would prefer Monarchy, just like Calvin."

hughmcbryde.blogspot.com/

He was kicked off Biblical Families (an online support group for biblically motivated polygynists) back in March, which seems to take a certain measure of talent.

Like many of the people we read, he is really into authority and submission. He was also kicked out of the OPC over polygyny and is trying to start a new denomination:

I firmly believe that I have in fact been "sent" in much the same way that Luther was during the reformation, and more recently that Gresham Machen was sent to form the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Being the "Jonah" that I am, I'd much rather hop a ship going in the opposite direction. You can turn my "sending" into "sitting" in the pew if you find for me someone else who has been sent and believes in Poly. They just have to be sent.

(quote take from biblicalfamilies.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2485&hilit=McBryde&start=10#p25293 )

I suspect you'll find him interesting in a "zuh? people really believe this?" sort of way.

Aaaah! I know him from my strange fascination with Fighting Fundamental Forums (don't go there now, it sucks).

They booted him too as I recall...

He was really active in defending the FLDS in the wake of the Texas raid. An utter nut. He believes his ex wife is still married to him under biblical law.

He was really active in defending the FLDS in the wake of the Texas raid. An utter nut. He believes his ex wife is still married to him under biblical law.

Yeah, I found him because he was printing apologia for Warren Jeffs. Messed up.

I know him from another forum.. I think he was kicked off there, too, but it's also possible that folks pretty quickly recognized him for the one-pony troll he is and stopped responding. A real nut case.

Aaaah! I know him from my strange fascination with Fighting Fundamental Forums (don't go there now, it sucks).

They booted him too as I recall...

I also know this idiot from his days on the fff. Yes, they booted him off (and that forum was NEVER very moderated, and yes, it's worthless now; that forum now is a demonstration of what happens when there is no moderation at all and a forum is taken over by spammers and idiots). Literally, nobody could have a thread going without him taking it over and converting it to a discussing of "polygyny" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please, nobody make a full link, and don't even spell his name fully/correctly; he will arrive here, make an idiot of himself, and the mods will have to boot him off here, too.

Wow, what sort of asshattery does it take to get kicked off these already crazy forums? Is it that what he's advocating too extreme even for the super extremists, or does he just think too highly of his own "prophecy" and authority?

Wow, what sort of asshattery does it take to get kicked off these already crazy forums? Is it that what he's advocating too extreme even for the super extremists, or does he just think too highly of his own "prophecy" and authority?

It seems as if he's really argumentative, which is amusing, given that he purports to be all about submitting to authority.

Archived