IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

I watched some of it Sunday night, I don't even know if they were new episodes or what. I used to watch it fairly regularly but it started getting annoying when they moved to Vegas.

I can't even tell you what I saw, I only remember that godawful embarrassing dancing that I think was previews for next week. Janelle is the only one of those idiots with any sense whatsoever, for people supposedly choosing this lifestyle for religious reasons, that dancing looked lewd to me and made me feel very uncomfortable.

I know Kody has sex with each of those women. I just don't want or need to see the women cavorting around him as if he is some kind of god.

Oh yeah, the steakhouse competition. I've actually been to that place but the Browns were gross although maybe everyone who does that competition is, there wasn't anyone when I was there.

I don't like Kody. I don't like Robyn as the stereotypical newest, doe-eyed, skinny, pretty wife. Don't bother divorcing the old wife (wifes) instead of trading in for a newer model just add one.

These people who have inflated egos due to having a high number of children - esp Kody Brown - where will it stop? Will he continue to accumulate new and fertile wives as the originals age out? Just keep popping out the babies til he dies?

I don't really like Meri either. She could have been working and had quite the career, does she not help Janelle and Christine with the childcare? Aside from pulling out the occasional tooth.

i like Janelle the most, and i like Christine okay. I can understand Christine's desire to be a SAHM and her and Janelle seem to have worked out.

Robyn having a baby for Meri is just ewwww to me. That's kind of messed up.

We have the exact same Sister Wives views.

I don't understand why this family yearns for more children. Can't they just count their blessings and close the baby chapter of their lives?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still wondering how these people are living in 4 brand new homes? Janelle is doing real estate and Cody doesn't seem to work since move to new homes. Their jewelry line is struggling. They each drive nice looking vehicles. Does TLC pay enough to fund all of this excessive life style.

To answer my own post. The season finally spoke to my question of how the Brown's finance their households. The family spoke about time management and how they ALL have jobs. I am glad to hear they have a back up plan should the show be cancelled,or they no longer wish to participate. There is a lot of love in their family. It may not be a mainstream line of faith but it works for them.

To answer my own post. The season finally spoke to my question of how the Brown's finance their households. The family spoke about time management and how they ALL have jobs. I am glad to hear they have a back up plan should the show be cancelled,or they no longer wish to participate. There is a lot of love in their family. It may not be a mainstream line of faith but it works for them.

Yes, they "mentioned" they have "jobs"; but what are these " jobs" they speak of holding? Is Kody working? I can't imagine any of them making enough income to cover their mortgages and living expenses. I think TLC foots all or most of their expenses and struggling financially is just talk!

Yes, the jobs they have would need to pay well. They have 4 new homes and nice vehicles.I would hope they don't rely on TLC for sustainable income. Reality T.V is swamped with programs including another polygamy family (my five wives). Wonder if their is a thread about them?

how many kids does Kody actually have, including step kids

Meri: 1

Janelle: 6

Christine: 6

Robyn: 3 (with ex) + 1 (with Kody)

how many kids does Kody actually have, including step kids

I wonder if he has a goal of surpassing the Duggars with number of mm... legal children.

Plus if he adopts Robyn's three, then he can hold adoption over the Duggars muhahaha.

My Five Wives is already history. :)

Thanks for giving update the show was cancelled. I liked this family. Who decides these program cuts? I suspect my five wives was more likeable than the Brown family.

Thanks for giving update the show was cancelled. I liked this family. Who decides these program cuts? I suspect my five wives was more likeable than the Brown family.

That's a pity, I really like My Five Wives too. All six adults were much more likeable than the Browns and they seemed much more honest about the issues within their marriages and their issues with the AUB than the Sister Wives crew would ever be.

Who decides which programs are cut?

The network airing them. They do that based on profit or loss. If shows don't bring in enough viewers, then they can't sell enough advertising at a high enough price to cover the cost and make a profit. It's strictly a mercenary business decision.

The Williams family is posting updates on their Facebook. Brady is father and a grandfather. The Williams wives have had post secondary education and many have well paying jobs.

• 2 months later...
[align=right][/align]

I crazily watched last evenings cry fest concerning the divorce. I knew the divorce was not going to end with Meri truly leaving Kody; but I admit I was curious as to the goal. Okay, so my curiosity was satisfied and that seemed nice of Meri to do. However, what was up with Janelle's reaction? Usually, she's the most reasonable; but last night she clearly felt threatened. Too much crying, Kody flipping his hair and no explanation as to what these clowns do all day long! I'm done.

I agree! I know they said that it was so Kody could legally adopt or create ties to Robin's kids from her prior marriage - but I don't actually see this happening? From what they've said, it doesn't sound like Robin's first husband (the kids' father) would sign away his rights. I feel like it has created a lot of drama, but for what end?

Sorry to hear "My Five Wives" was cancelled. I preferred them to the Browns for the simple fact that they seemed much more up-front about real issues and dynamics.

Also - looks like the Darger family has added a new grandbaby around Feb.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone watch last night? How many of these stupid "tell all" style interviews are they gonna do? Meri and Robyn just sob through them.

Did anyone watch last night? How many of these stupid "tell all" style interviews are they gonna do? Meri and Robyn just sob through them.

I didn't watch- but now have my DVR set for the replay. Unfortunately- it's not until next week.... :(

I watched it. And yeah...lots of tears and whiny voices (shocker). Personal opinion: I don't like Robyn. Something about her personality just seems off to me. I can't put my finger on it but she's just always seemed ingenuine (for lack of a better word) to me half the time. Meri...I can see how what she's gone through having only been able to "bless her husband" with one child and having been the very first wife, would be really rough.

I feel like I don't have much else to say yet...we'll see what this season brings.

I watched it. And yeah...lots of tears and whiny voices (shocker). Personal opinion: I don't like Robyn. Something about her personality just seems off to me. I can't put my finger on it but she's just always seemed ingenuine (for lack of a better word) to me half the time. Meri...I can see how what she's gone through having only been able to "bless her husband" with one child and having been the very first wife, would be really rough.

I feel like I don't have much else to say yet...we'll see what this season brings.

I agree - I don't like Robyn either. She is always explaining to the other wives "what Kody means is ...." or "what Kody is saying is....". The other ladies must have been misunderstanding him for the past 20+ years. Poor Kody, thank God Robyn is there to be the interpreter now :angry-banghead:

Seems like the ex husband is fighting this adoption from the beginning. This isn't going to work out well for the Browns. This adoption was a cover for the marriage.

They never realized how complex Family Law is.

Seems like the ex husband is fighting this adoption from the beginning. This isn't going to work out well for the Browns. This adoption was a cover for the marriage.

They never realized how complex Family Law is.

I don't understand how they ever thought Kody would be able to legally adopt the kids without Robyn's ex-husband being completely out of the picture. Kody can't adopt the kids unless the ex signs away his legal rights to them, right? It definitely seems like Kody and Robyn just wanted an excuse to get married. Plus Meri loves being the eternal martyr. :roll:

I did enjoy the Janelle special though. She's the best. So sad that she spent so much time just waiting for her marriage to get better. :cry:

I don't understand how they ever thought Kody would be able to legally adopt the kids without Robyn's ex-husband being completely out of the picture. Kody can't adopt the kids unless the ex signs away his legal rights to them, right? It definitely seems like Kody and Robyn just wanted an excuse to get married. Plus Meri loves being the eternal martyr. :roll:

I did enjoy the Janelle special though. She's the best. So sad that she spent so much time just waiting for her marriage to get better. :cry:

I also thought it was kinda off/backwards that they would go ahead with the divorce and the legal marriage and THEN ask the kids if they want to be adopted. I understand that that's their new life now but the way Robyn said "we need to know because we will have to put it on paper that you guys WANT to be adopted" thanks, mom. No pressure.

And oh Robyn and her offering her body to carry a surrogate child for Meri. Honestly, that seems like an amazing gift from one woman to another but I just can't help but constantly question Robyn's motivation behind the things she does...I really try not to but half the time she has this sketchy aura around her (to me). I wish I was able to explain it better.

ETA: I like how honest and blunt Meri is about how she felt when Robyn first joined the family. I believe it must have been super hard for all of them, since we were just reminded yesterday that the first three wives all were together already before their first child was born. That bond between them all is deep and goes way back (even if they all didn't get along perfectly along the way) and then, as Meri put it, the new shiny thing Robyn comes in...adding three kids to the mix...I can't imagine the feelings on all sides. Also, I'm gonna be a jerk and ask: anyone else notice the great timing Robyn had wanting to join the Browns? Newly single mother of three...Kody as headship and "provider"...

I also thought it was kinda off/backwards that they would go ahead with the divorce and the legal marriage and THEN ask the kids if they want to be adopted. I understand that that's their new life now but the way Robyn said "we need to know because we will have to put it on paper that you guys WANT to be adopted" thanks, mom. No pressure.

And oh Robyn and her offering her body to carry a surrogate child for Meri. Honestly, that seems like an amazing gift from one woman to another but I just can't help but constantly question Robyn's motivation behind the things she does...I really try not to but half the time she has this sketchy aura around her (to me). I wish I was able to explain it better.

ETA: I like how honest and blunt Meri is about how she felt when Robyn first joined the family. I believe it must have been super hard for all of them, since we were just reminded yesterday that the first three wives all were together already before their first child was born. That bond between them all is deep and goes way back (even if they all didn't get along perfectly along the way) and then, as Meri put it, the new shiny thing Robyn comes in...adding three kids to the mix...I can't imagine the feelings on all sides. Also, I'm gonna be a jerk and ask: anyone else notice the great timing Robyn had wanting to join the Browns? Newly single mother of three...Kody as headship and "provider"...

I've always thought Robyn was a total opportunist. Not that I blame her, life is really hard for single mothers (even more so in a community like theirs that is so marriage obsessed/religious). But yeah, she knew what she was doing. I feel so bad for Janelle and Christine...it seems obvious that Meri was always catered to as the first wife. Then Robyn comes along and becomes the new favorite. They must feel so inadequate. :cry:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived