IGNORED

5 Widsom teeth? The Maxwells are wise than us all

denimjumper

My husband is, as we speak, recovering from getting his wisdom teeth out--I learned, (because of him) that you can have you teeth grow into your sinus. Yuk.

I do wonder about physical contact. Do they not shake hands?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to be a (tiny) bit fair, sometimes when folks get dementia, they don't practice good hygiene...so frequent handwashing and/or use of hand sanitizer is a good idea. My grandparents' assisted living facility has hand sanitizer stations around, signs about what to do if you have cold symptoms, etc etc. Also, I work with a lot of people with developmental disabilities, and again, there can be hygiene issues...so we have to wash hands frequently, use sanitizer, etc etc.

Also, we *do* have a mostly "no-touch" policy with our folks with disabilities (sometimes we will do fist-bumps or elbow-bumps). This is for their protection as well as ours - some folks have issues learning what is appropriate touch in the workplace, so it's easier to have a "hands to yourself" policy for everyone than to try to explain the difference between, say, and handshake and hand on the knee or leg. Also, people with disabilities can sometimes be taken advantage of sexually, and they sometimes don't understand appropriate sexual boundaries, so having a "no touch" policy makes it easier to nip those (potential) situations in the bud.

That said, I don't see what would be wrong with shaking an elderly PERSON's (was that so hard????) hand. Yes, ok, you might want to wash your hands as soon as you get home, but so what? Also, sure, sometimes older folks lose their filters and try inappropriate grabbing, etc - but that can be dealt with too. And also, if they're taking their small children to places with tons of people who are in that situation, they may want to rethink that (I would not subject my hypothetical child to a stranger's repeated sexual gestrues/innuendos/requests, no matter how old the elderly PERSON is or who he/she was in his/her earlier life. It's just not necessary. If you're an adult and you want to deal with that, fine, but I don't think it's fair to put a kid in that situation. If it's a relative who is behaving inappropriately, that would require discretion on the part of the family. But if it's a stranger? No reason to subject my kid to that, touch or no touch).

New comment from Stevie. Anna & Chris bought 2 shirts. One for him & one so Anna could use the fabric for her dress. They wanted to match. :roll:

New comment from Stevie. Anna & Chris bought 2 shirts. One for him & one so Anna could use the fabric for her dress. They wanted to match. :roll:

Oh so cute, how 7th grade of them. Maybe in the next blog post they will be sporting these

mw35ac.jpg

Oh so cute, how 7th grade of them. Maybe in the next blog post they will be sporting these

mw35ac.jpg

Best friends, with benifits!! :dance:

:shock: SO. very. bad.

They give a whole new dimension to the word NASAL!

Why, yes, I did make that word snot-colored on purpose - why do you ask? :lol:

I was reading this topic before I went to pick up vegetables, and I had "trust iiiind ooobey" stuck in my head walking out the door. Oh dear. What have they done to us?

Meh, their matching looks better than Josh & Anna's. Anna Maxwell's matchy dress looks a thousand times bertter than Anna Duggar's old baggy polo shirts (yet she wore them with dressy sandals...???).

Trust eeeennd obey...LMAO :lol:

That part actually had the kind of rounded consonants that deaf people have when they talk. They have the harmonies about 80% right, but then they just hit such sour notes :puke-front:

I listened to I'll Fly Away and I thought that the vocals were god awful, especially Steve.

I have 7 wisdom teeth. One more just under the surface. I got a double set.

My mom and stepdad just celebrated 9 years and still dress matchy. Not with using shirts to make matching dresses (that's a little much) but they wear the same colors and when they get t-shirts from church (for Bible school or events or whatever) they wear them on the same day. And my mom wears the [name of sister's university] MOM shirt while my stepdad wears the [name of sister's university] DAD shirt together too. And they're in their fifties. I like it. It's just how they are.

YAY I can finally post here! I was away from the internet the week FJ raptured and I registered when I got home...I couldn't get the validation link in my email to be clickable. I just now discovered why and fixed it. *so dumb* Guess more wisdom teeth =/= wiser. lol

How interesting that wearing matching clothing is important enough to pay for two shirts, one of which will never be worn as a shirt for the man, but will only be used as an accent on clothing.

Could we argue that the godly thing to do (if you are able to afford the second shirt) is to donate that shirt to a godly man who needs it?

We tried an instructor for a few weeks and cycled several children together through the lesson, but soon found that books and DVDs were more beneficial. We can use these resources at times that fit our schedule, and the materials are there for later review.

The major problem with this is you don't get feedback about your technique/sound/improvement. DVDs aren't interactive, you have no idea if you are doing something incorrectly without an expert there to tell you/show you.

Oh wait, it's not inconvenient and expensive, they didn't like being told that what they thought was awesome was actually very poor.

Here's a Dad's Corner where Steve describes the family's [lack of] music lessons: titus2.com/corners/4-05-d.htm. Playing music is good because it keeps kids away from bad influences, fills up kids' time that they might otherwise be using for sinning, and teaches them submission. And no need for teachers, you can become a great musician by watching instructional DVDs.

Looks like even when they play at church it is for 'the elderly'. I guess they only perform for 'the elderly'. There is no doubt a good reason for this.....presbycusis. Bet the audience members who don't need hearing aids WISH they did.

I found the samples!!!

Listen with caution. Stay away from glass objects and canines.

http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/product ... g.php/3000

Edited to add: My favorite is "Daddy on His Knees", hee hee hee, what can I say, worldy influences have taken over my heart!

I don't even want to know what you think of when you hear "Go Down Moses".

I don't even want to know what you think of when you hear "Go Down Moses".

The same thing as when hear "Deeper And Deeper."

Slightly OT:

I think Capt. Dougie is missing the boat on a great money making scheme ministry. The vision forum interns should put of a CD of popular hymns. I'm sure we could provide them with a few suggestions.....

The major problem with this is you don't get feedback about your technique/sound/improvement. DVDs aren't interactive, you have no idea if you are doing something incorrectly without an expert there to tell you/show you.

Oh wait, it's not inconvenient and expensive, they didn't like being told that what they thought was awesome was actually very poor.

We don't need no stinking music teachers . . . :violin:

Another sightly off-topic, but imagine how fantastic it would be for Jesse to be left home alone with the whole family singing for the elders. Five wisdom teeth out were probably way worth some private time.

Archived