IGNORED

5 Widsom teeth? The Maxwells are wise than us all

denimjumper

For me:

"The Middle aged,bald ,defrauder cried tears of joy while holding her ears tightly as we sang . We know our fellowship turned her heart towards the lord." "Sadly, we know she was "touched",as she kept yelling "RUN SARAH,while grabbing at John. THIS is why we have a no touch rule...

You made me laugh, clibbyjo.

It seems like they went out of their way to show Anna M, but not from the waist down. Is it possible she's in the family way?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Daddy on His Knees

Can someone please listen to this, I don't think I can handle it...

I just finished listening to the music clips with 12 year old daughter. She made the comment that the songs all sound the same. Our favorite is The Master's Hand. The words are so garbled, it sounds like "zippity, ooh ba doo, zippety yam". And, their singing is incredibly flat. In a word, horrible. :sad-roulette:

I always wondered how they justified their music, since everything pleasurable is evil. Surely music that awful isn't a pleasure for anyone.

Who is the whiny sounding guy singing about daddy on his knees? His voice kind of reminds me of the lead singer of Bowling For Soup--except not as cool.

I just want to know how many people BOUGHT that CD. I cannot see even the Maxwell fans thinking that is fabulous singing. The music itself is ok, but the singing put it in the "special,only a mother could love" art category.

Listen, I'm a TERRIBLE singer, so no judgment on that count. But I don't record myself and then try to convince people to buy the recording. I don't know if I'm more offended by their caterwauling singing or by the greed of actually asking people to pay for it or by the fact that they force "the elderly" to listen to it while feeling smug about their charity work with "the elderly".

I just want to know how many people BOUGHT that CD. I cannot see even the Maxwell fans thinking that is fabulous singing. The music itself is ok, but the singing put it in the "special,only a mother could ;) love" art category.

My daughter is begging me to buy it. She's fascinated by it in a car crash sort of way. We have a CD of local artists that is rather cringe worthy as well and we listen to it regularly. I'm sure Trust eeend Obey would become a family favorite to snark at.

I have spent years volunteering in a nursing home before my children were born. I loved doing it, and learned so much from my time there. But you know what? The Maxwell kids could probably think of other things to do with a free night, other than sitting in a nursing home. Why can't Terri and Steve let them get a life? They are robbing their kids.

Steve said one of his son told him the highlight of his month was attending (what used to be) twice a month sermons at the homeless shelter in KC. If you grow up in a household where fun is considered sinful, where young children are kept from amusement parks, where recreational reading is sinful unless it's dry and filled with moral pontifications, it's not hard to imagine that these kids could enjoy a night out, even if it requires listening to dad's sermon and filled with people three times their age.

I admire the Maxwell's work ethic (wish I could work like them), but they really use it to keep their kids from daydreaming of a better life, or wondering about life beyond cleaning, working for the family business, or reading the bible.

What a champ, Stevie actually coughed up the $$$ to pay to have his teeth removed....

Anna & Chris's shirts, need "barfing icon".....

I was impressed that Melly let Bethany touch the residents. :dance: You go girl!!!

I wonder if they found a prospective husband for Sarah..... ;)

It's not uncommon for someone to have an additional wisdom tooth behind one of the 4 an "average adult" should have. Sometimes people just have extra teeth that develop in their mouths.

I only had three. My sister had five.

We used to joke that she got mine.

She had to have all hers pulled, too. But, the 'extra' was embedded with another. So, three were pulled then a few months later they went in for the other two. It required a lot of work and, well, tearing her up. She suffered and hurt for a long time afterwards.

Oh. My. Dog. I just listened to those. Oh my. It really is "trust eend obey", sung by a flat-voiced girl with a stuffed up nose!

I listened to them all. (Why?!?) The instrumentals are decent, and there are a few places where they actually do hit the harmonies, but in general, it's... not good.

OMG, the singing, the DICTION, OMG.

I am in no way a perfect singer myself, but dear Lord, I thought the poster above was joking about the "Trust eeeeennnnn Obey" but nope, not joking. And the tone of voice is just...ugly--there's nothing pretty about it, or heck, pleasing AT ALL. And they swallow the ends of the words, and sing on EEEEEE (when even marginally trained singers or people who EVER sung in choir know you should always sing Ah). I know it's not a classical style of singing, but it's the worst "bluegrass" I've ever heard. And people PAY for it??

You know, I bet if the kids took some vocal lessons from an instructor they might....

Oh sorry, I'm so stupid. Obviously if the took lessons it would be from someone worldly who would use a liberal-godless-evolutionary-secular-blahblahblah approach and the kids would turn away from god. And *gasp* the instructor may be of the opposite S-E-X, nope can't have any of that.

No sound on the work computer so I had to wait until I got home before I could listen to the Maxwell music. Barf! They are truly awful; slightly off-key; poor diction; warbling on and on. I could only listen to about 4 of the samples; that's all I could take. Hopefully all of the elderly had their hearing aids turned off.

I know absolutely nothing about the technical aspects of music. I only know what sounds good to me and what sounds like crap.

They sound like crap.

I couldn't help but imagine a rough draft of O Brother Where Art Thou. Beginning stages and ideas; attempts at laying out desired sound and feel; era, culture, etc.

They suck. They sell their crap for the all mighty buck. They have to know it is crap. Well, maybe not the kids since they don't get to know what real music is in their sheltered life, but Steve knows it sucks. Yet, he takes money from people for it.

I cannot get past Christopher and Anna wearing matching homemade clothes. He is 31(or 32?) and wearing matching clothes with his wife! That's too much for me, I cannot take it.

I could see if it were for a family portrait or for the band even,but to go to a nursing home on a weeknight and wear matching clothes for grown ass husband and wife is more than I can bare...

Until the beh-beh comes, Anna might have some time on her hands, and thus the sewing. If she did sew his shirt, she did a nice job, and she'll have a field day sewing when the kids come along.

While I agree w/ you about the matchy-matchy, there are are few things here I like. I like the fact that her outfit just has a touch of the plaid to accessorize her dress, and that it's a nice addition to the denim.

I also like how closely they are sitting. It's good to see them acting all cozy w/ each other. I would feel bad for them both if there were icicles between them.

I also thought the "eeeeend" was a joke.

It wasn't. :shock: That is incredibly weird.

I think they could be decent, but from the samples it sounds like they're trying too hard to be bluegrass-y and it's not working out well.

Dear God,

If I end up in a nursing home when I'm old, please, please, don't let the Maxwells visit.

Thank you,

bb

Guest Anonymous

This thread has given me a good laugh tonight - thank you FJ! :lol:

I wonder if Anna (Marie)'s collar was made from a bit cut off the bottom of Christopher's shirt... maybe his shirt had become an idol to him and so she cut the tails off to save him from hell, and sewed a matching collar for her frumper to be frugal.

Or maybe the matching husband and wife clothes are Anna (Marie)'s small way of individuating their new family from the wider Maxwell clan...

On a different note, it is good to see Abi posing nicely for the pictures. She seems to have grown of her toddler habit of gurning at the camera. I actually thought she had a sight problem at first, until I noticed that her facial expressions were completely different and more natural for candid shots than for posed ones. She is a lovely little girl, I hope she grows up to realise that she is more than simply the sum of her chorepak duties.

I just listened to the samples again and it sounds like she's saying "the door He bestows". I'm guessing that the line is "JOY He bestows"?

Guest Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve has commented that Anna is not only 'quite the seamstress' but that she also cuts Christopher's hair. If that's not bad enough, Steve used to cut Christopher's hair - until he was 31, presumably!!!!! :D :D :D

Guest Anonymous

As an aside, I used to go visiting a local residential home for older adults with my Church Youth Group, when I was a teenager. We went mainly because we were guilted into it by the leaders, but we kind of enjoyed it too. It was a sort of snark-fest all round. Our favourite residents were two very elderly ladies called Mattie and Beattie - we used to refer to them as Batty and Meaty in between visits... :lol: They, in turn, used to sit in the front row and heckle while we sang to them. Both were partially deaf and so everyone heard them 'whispering' to each other about how awful we were and how children used to sing much better in the old days.... :P

Archived