IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

Yes. I bet they all feel embarrassed and uncomfortable bra shopping

Oh, you can bet they are wearing bras. But they are homemade from the same Butterick pattern that makes the frumpers. Loose, non form-fitting, all the good styling.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, you can bet they are wearing bras. But they are homemade from the same Butterick pattern that makes the frumpers. Loose, non form-fitting, all the good styling.

Dang it didn't even occur to me they had homemade bras. That's depressing.

Ehhh I'm more of the opinion that women shouldn't have to wear bras of they don't want to, so I'm having a hard time faulting them for that. Of course, if they want to tell me that a proper fitting bra is ungodly then we will have some issues.

Steve is going to park Uriah on unstable ground & there will be heavy rain ie. God's Hand II.

They are going to fill up with tainted diesel, causing all sorts of problems & hilarity for us for the remainder of Uriah's lifespan.

I always wondered about who shopped for the panties? This goes for all the fundies. Does the Headship buy for the males and the submissive helpmeet buy for the women? In the Maxhells' case, all the females are about the same size now; are they communal (eeeewwwwwwwww)?

As for Uriah, I'm going with Confrontation With a Moose (or a herd).

It would be really "immodest" for them not to wear bras, so I'm sure they wear them, and real ones at that. But bras stretch out over time and need to be replaced, and they probably think bra shopping is self-indulgent and suspect because it involves boobs. So I imagine they go years between bra purchases.

I bet they buy Hunt's because it's cheaper. They'd have to read/watch the ebil news to even know who Teresa Heinz Kerry is.

Who else loves Anna Marie's ca. 1990 acid-washed frumper?

It would be really "immodest" for them not to wear bras, so I'm sure they wear them, and real ones at that.

Totally agree with you and this is why it came to mind. I have no trouble with women who don't wear a bra (MIL included!), however it IS immodest, I think. In our culture, un-supported boobies (or those with headlights!) are certainly attention-grabbers. Granted, I'm a bitchy, judge-y, asshole woman BUT....

They could buy undies online and have them shipped to the wearer so no one else has to see them. Although I imagine the girls do all the laundry so there must be some knicker-viewing at some point.

Perhaps they don't wear bras so much as tank tops with shelves. Much more modest and probably easier to sew.

I dare someone to send an email to Steve as a "Concerned Father" about the need for his girls needing supporting underclothes and how immodest you think the Maxwells girls are!

I think that Steve will get arrested at the border for telling the guards they fail the good person test.

sparkles and I had planned to go, but it turns out we both have time conflicts. Dammit. I live a town over from the Southington CT event.

I'm PISSED, dammit! But it's Big Apple BBQ Block Party weekend and I'm not giving THAT up, even for the Maxwells. I thought I might be able to head up to CT after the BBQ but the Maxwell shindig is an all-day affair too, so no-go.

Can I ask for your prayers that they fill in one of their (many) open dates with a church on Long Island? We must have a few fundies somewhere.

FJers, I am feeling so confused/conflicted. In the first picture with NR Anna ironing, there is a cute little stuffed monkey playfully hanging from the top bunk right behind her. It's a TOY. It's FUN. Isn't NR Anna ironing on-site in the Maxhell manse?

What is going on???

FJers, I am feeling so confused/conflicted. In the first picture with NR Anna ironing, there is a cute little stuffed monkey playfully hanging from the top bunk right behind her. It's a TOY. It's FUN. Isn't NR Anna ironing on-site in the Maxhell manse?

What is going on???

Oh now that Steve is aware of it , no more monkeys hangin' from the bed!

I noticed the toy monkey too. I felt as though the Devil was trying to tempt with his favorite F-word, fun.

I'm assuming that's because Heinz is (or was?) owned by the family of Theresa Heinz Kerry, ebil feminist and wife of the very worldly Secretary of State. I remember GOP-ers boycotting back in 2004.

Considering that the Maxwells claim to be politically apathetic and get all of their world news information from overhearing conversations in the grocery store (no, really), I doubt it's any big Republican statement on their part. I'd say it's more likely that Hunts is just cheaper. Buy used ketchup and save the difference! :puke-front:

Steve says the family gets their news from some carefully vetted pro-life websites, so I bet he knows who's on which side of the political fence--and everyone over 18 in their family does vote.

Steve says the family gets their news from some carefully vetted pro-life websites, so I bet he knows who's on which side of the political fence--and everyone over 18 in their family does vote.

Thanks for the correction. :) It's a sad day (?) when the Maxwells are more up-to-date on politics than I am on the Maxwells...

Ehhh I'm more of the opinion that women shouldn't have to wear bras of they don't want to, so I'm having a hard time faulting them for that. Of course, if they want to tell me that a proper fitting bra is ungodly then we will have some issues.

I'm all for choice in that matter, too, but the salient point is that Stevovah and Terified AREN'T. Which makes the sudden appearance of their lady lumps surprising and quite suspicious. After all these years of non-conrasting buttons and two or three layers of shirts for the girls, even in the hottest weather, it's beyond strange that the Maxparents are allowing such obvious evidence of secondary sex characteristics!

We've wondered before if Reversal Anna is being groomed for a hubby - if so it would make a little sense that she's the one who's photographed with her attributes in focus. Or would it? Would a prospective suitor's father "ha-umph" hiimself into an indignant fit at the immodesty?

It's very weird, all the way around.

In other news I think the monkey is at Nate and Mel's house. I'd've said Chris & NRAnna's but there's no reason for that couple to have bunkbeds, quite yet.

What is going on???

I wonder if that is the boys or girls dorm, as I would imagine apart from the monkey the children have very little personal items apart from their clothes and bible covers. No books, posters etc as they would be considered an idol. The room is very Maxhell, sterile etc so I would think that there would be little difference in the two dorms. But the clue could be NRAnna doing the ironing for the boys, as the girls would be scheduled to do their own.

After fellowshipping with the Duggers, Stevie has allowed the women to ditch the frumpers, so after reading on here and seeing the manboy Arnt's penguins, has Stevie introducted stuffed monkeys? Or is my glass of wine talking? :wink-penguin:

I bet the bunk is their for accountability reasons, so no gentle rocking movements occur during the night with a spy above or below.

Dear Zeus,

Thank you for creating me in a family that is not the Maxwells. I thank you daily for giving me a real life with real choices and a large enough vocabulary to be interesting even to people I communicate with every day.

Amen.

Dear Zeus,

Thank you for creating me in a family that is not the Maxwells. I thank you daily for giving me a real life with real choices and a large enough vocabulary to be interesting even to people I communicate with every day.

Amen.

Ya know what? Amen. My family is fucked up, as a lot of families are, but at least I stood a chance to get out.

Uriah's electrical systems will fry and his tires will melt when God hurls a thunderbolt because His words are being mangled by Stevus into a living Maxhell-on-earth.

Nathan and Melanie's home is so much cozier and homey than Stevehovah's. There are plates, pictures, decorative items everywhere.

I noticed that too. Plus bookshelves and color on the walls and a little bit of a (most likely temporary) mess in the kitchen. Like there's actual living going on in that house.

I am totally envious of Anna Marie's long, beautiful braid. My hair is as long as hers and as thick, but I cannot braid it myself and my dh can't make it look like that. I need an in-house hairstylist.

It is gorgeous. I envy you both. I once had hair like that. Could do an okay braid with a lot of arm twisting, but not that neatly. Good thing flyaway strands are sort of fashionable. ;) Never could manage a French braid at all, and I always loved them. Now I'm happy my hair is still long and thick enough for a standard ponytail.

Totally agree with you and this is why it came to mind. I have no trouble with women who don't wear a bra (MIL included!), however it IS immodest, I think. In our culture, un-supported boobies (or those with headlights!) are certainly attention-grabbers. Granted, I'm a bitchy, judge-y, asshole woman BUT....

QFT.

(And you're a fellow Scott Pilgrim fan! :) :romance-grouphug: )

Poor Sarah wrote:

Stop teasing Teri, Stevie Sarah. First you make here write about the Pepsi shelf on the microwave cart/School of Flowing Waters book case, then it seems some members of the family are allowed what some would call stimulation. :naughty:

+1.

Why is caffeine ok when delivered by coffee but not by Pepsi?

Uriah's electrical systems will fry and his tires will melt when God hurls a thunderbolt because His words are being mangled by Stevus into a living Maxhell-on-earth.

Maybe a small electrical fire too? I don't want anybody to get hurt. But the drama would be hilarious. Then they could get stuck for a few days without power, phones & maybe in a remote camp ground next to 5 unwed college student couples who have huge amount of beer, weed & sinful rap music.

Archived