IGNORED

Women: Don't cut your damn hair!

snuggles911

I lived in a traditional family with a SAHM, but the thought of Daddy bossing Mama around makes me laugh. They raised both my sister and I to not be bossed around. I will not be bossed around by any man. Bossy men get shown the door very quickly.

You know,this is something Ive said on occasion myself-like "I want to try botox,but my husband won't let me"-I really mean that I know he is strongly opposed to the idea,not that he "let's" me do anything.I do what I want(including try the botox-I hated it),but I do use that expression.Maybe it's because I do take his strong opinions to heart,but if my opposing feelings are strong, then as much as I'm sorry he feels that way,I don't let it stop me.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, the commenter goes by "SarahsDaughter" so I'm assuming it is a female. Doesn't mean anything, except I guess that women can be jerks too.

ETA: I just had to Google it. It's "shit test." Apparently a popular concept among PUA types. :puke-front: lifestylejourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/shit-test.html

Wow, so not only do these idiot men not know a damn thing about women, we also have women who think all other women are crazy like them...

But what's PUA? Do I want to know?

1. For the eleventy millionth time: Confidence in a woman means exactly jack-squat NOTHING to her physical and sexual attractiveness.

You know someone is serious when they use the term "eleventy millionth"

You know someone is serious when they use the term "eleventy millionth"

Not to mention that to many confident men, it does mean something, as there is little appealing about a woman who has no confidence to a man who has plenty. But, the good news is, this guy and I will never hook up, and both of us are thrilled about that!

I would also point out that lots of men bitched when Hillary grew her hair out and said it looked bad and not sexy, so this guy must not really be the Voice of All Men. He apparently just plays that role on the internet.

I would also point out that lots of men bitched when Hillary grew her hair out and said it looked bad and not sexy, so this guy must not really be the Voice of All Men. He apparently just plays that role on the internet.

I think it's a weird double standard based on age. Young women are supposed to have long, flowing, sexy hair so they can be attractive to men. An older woman is supposed to have short hair---obviously no one would be interested in her, so she should just fade into the woodwork and not get in the way of all those attractive young women. According to this logic, an older woman who grows her hair out is pathetic because she's trying and failing to look young.

The fact that a woman might choose her hair length based on her own wishes doesn't seem to have occurred to some of these people.

Oh, it's occurred to them. They just think it's unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed. These are people who think female cancer sufferers should prioritize men's sensibilities when managing their appearance. We women are just fuck toys, baby incubators, and housekeepers to them. Our bodies exist solely for their benefit and our lives have no purpose or meaning if we aren't serving one of them. No wonder most of these assholes couldn't get laid in a whore house. Women don't generally like spending time with psychopaths who can't even pull off superficially charming.

MRAs set absurdly high, arbitrary standards for what makes a woman attractive to ensure that more women are insecure about their appearances. It's just another way for them to be manipulative assholes. It also fits with the notion that women should barter their sexuality when they're young to secure a man to provide for them. The dynamic that MRAs advocate where "women are gatekeepers to sex and men are gatekeepers to commitment" squicks me out. It especially grosses me out when women advocate that dynamic. I was weirdly fascinated by female MRAs like Sunshine Mary, JudgyBitch and DriverSuz until I realized that I couldn't stomach reading their garbage anymore. The three of them seem to unanimously agree that women who are mistreated deserve to be mistreated, and pretty much contribute nothing useful to society except for babies anyway, so they should just stfu.

Also, interestingly, not all MRAs seem to buy into the long hair thing. I read something on David Collard's blog (he's a high volume commenter on a lot of these MRA sites, he often talks about how he psychologically abuses his wife and is nauseatingly open about his sex life) where he was talking about how he preferred his wife's short hair.

Hahaha, the alpha-male dating marketvalaue test site is actually SO afwul, that my laptop rejected it. Once on the site the internet kept freezing up. See MRAwankers, even technology is sick of your nonsense now!

Haven't read all the posts and only glanced at the shit-test thing, but I'd say these guys will be very unlikely to procreate, and that that is a very good thing.

OTOH I have to feel sorry for them. Somewhere along the line those experiences needed to develop into a young man who figures out that young women have the exact opposite of "cooties" and who eventually through gentle trial and error finds a young woman who is mutually attracted to him, in positive ways. It's not - to skirt a Botkin title - rocket science. But society / families / bullies / nature conspire to make some of us so self-conscious and so terrified of various parts of life, that websites like the ones snarked upon here have to exist.

My husband meant me with short and will die with me with short hair. He really doesn't give two hoots how I wear my hair or my clothes.

I'm trying, and failing, to picture my husband "letting" or "not letting" me do anything. He doesn't care what I do, although he prefers no makeup (so do I, so that's easy) and that I don't have a breast reduction because of the scarring. Since I'm utterly terrified of any kind of surgery, even though in my more frustrated moments I dream of much smaller breasts, that one isn't hard to go along with either. If I really wanted a reduction enough to get through the terror of surgery, he'd live with it.

He's actually the one who cuts my hair when I get fed up with it, and has done for all the 16 years we've been married. These days I tend to let it grow a bit longer than I'm happy with so I have enough to donate when I have him cut it. Honestly, long hair is a pain in the butt. It gets everywhere, both attached and when it falls out, it sucks having to have shower because your baby spat up in it or it touched the toilet you were bent over to clean. *shudder*. It usually ends up trying to strangle me at least once a night....etc, etc.

It's really weird how many MRA's are of the "I like this so ALL MEN like it too" variety. Bizarre. No wonder they have so much trouble coping with the world, they can not comprehend that everyone thinks differently about lots of different subjects, including what is and isn't attractive.

I don't ask my husband anything about what I want to do with my own body. Got a tattoo, got my nose pierced, had a breast reduction, will get another tattoo and maybe another piercing, and I cut and style my hair exactly how I like it. My body, my decision.

It occurred to me the other day that the people who write these things are labouring under a misapprehension (no, I mean a different one).

They appear to think they are addressing an expressed need by thousands of young women who complain that they can't get a man, and that the way to address this is to explain to such women exactly how to make themselves sexually attractive to as many men as possible.

Which, in a weird way, could be looked upon as a public service. Except for one thing.

I'm pretty certain that in practically every case of a woman complaining she can't get a man, the one thing she's NOT saying is "I can't find anyone to fuck."

It occurred to me the other day that the people who write these things are labouring under a misapprehension (no, I mean a different one).

They appear to think they are addressing an expressed need by thousands of young women who complain that they can't get a man, and that the way to address this is to explain to such women exactly how to make themselves sexually attractive to as many men as possible.

Which, in a weird way, could be looked upon as a public service. Except for one thing.

I'm pretty certain that in practically every case of a woman complaining she can't get a man, the one thing she's NOT saying is "I can't find anyone to fuck."

I think you are 100% correct. Great point.

ETA to change an idiomatic phrase that could confuse non-native English speakers!

" I was weirdly fascinated by female MRAs like Sunshine Mary, JudgyBitch and DriverSuz until I realized that I couldn't stomach reading their garbage anymore. The three of them seem to unanimously agree that women who are mistreated deserve to be mistreated, and pretty much contribute nothing useful to society except for babies anyway, so they should just stfu."

Sunshine Mary is back by the way. She has a new blog: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com. Her latest post is about how Sexual Harassment polices in the workplace are unfair to men.

Oh, let me guess. Because when men feel free to ogle the bodies of their coworkers and announce their perceived sexual attractiveness, the coworkers should be flattered, right? Or is she fuming about nobody being allowed to put up screen savers that announce their sexual tastes?

My husband loves my hair long, the longer the better. Nevertheless, I kept it at chin length while I had a full-time outside-the-home job because it was easier to keep short hair professional looking, not to mention getting it dry in time to get to work in the morning! Did he tell me that he wished it was long? Yes. Did he expect that I would grow it out for him? No. He was pleased and flattered when I did grow it out after I became a SAHM.

Archived