IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

Is she the one who thinks Jewish holidays should line up with the Gregorian calendar, making Rosh Hashana in January?

• WTF 1

6 hours ago, meee said:

Is she the one who thinks Jewish holidays should line up with the Gregorian calendar, making Rosh Hashana in January?

Yep. She also sews a strip of fringe to the bottom of all her skirts and calls it tzitzit. Her blog is a serious rabbit hole.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I hadn't followed this blog since it was last discussed on here a few years ago, so now I'm reading back. In late 2016 one of her sisters had surprise twins?? Her previous birth had been a full-term stillbirth, and yet apparently she still decided to forego prenatal care and ultrasounds, and was planning on a midwife homebirth assisted by Samantha. She had no idea she was having twins, and they had to set up a gofundme to cover the medical bills from the resulting complications.  WTF? One of Samantha's brothers is married to a Washburn girl, and iirc they don't believe in prenatal care either.

http://www.virtuousdaughters.com/2016/12/06/a-long-awaited-update-where-have-i-been/

• Sad 3

I've always felt very sorry for her.

Mind you, I've never figured out the difference between Messianic Jew and Torah Observant (Christian) Believer, or whatever she calls herself.  I fear it may concern Cheeseburger Soup.

• WTF 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I hadn't followed this blog since it was last discussed on here a few years ago, so now I'm reading back. In late 2016 one of her sisters had surprise twins?? Her previous birth had been a full-term stillbirth, and yet apparently she still decided to forego prenatal care and ultrasounds, and was planning on a midwife homebirth assisted by Samantha. She had no idea she was having twins, and they had to set up a gofundme to cover the medical bills from the resulting complications.  WTF? One of Samantha's brothers is married to a Washburn girl, and iirc they don't believe in prenatal care either.

http://www.virtuousdaughters.com/2016/12/06/a-long-awaited-update-where-have-i-been/

Wow. I couldn't make any sense of her story about going out of state to help deliver a baby and some guy got in an accident and she had to meet her brother who was going to see his sister... And then her sister had unexpected twins. 

But the end of that story is sad. How old is she? How many siblings were there? 

Is she any relation to the LaGoy (snicker snicker) that married one of Hannah Washburn's sisters?

52 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

But the end of that story is sad. How old is she? How many siblings were there? 

She is 34 and has 14 siblings.

• Thank You 2

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Is she any relation to the LaGoy (snicker snicker) that married one of Hannah Washburn's sisters?

my question exactly. There can't be that many fake Jews named LaGoy can there? She also links to Hannah's blog so I think that she is likely his sister. For those who don't know, his name is Silas LaGoy and he is married to Abigail Washburn. They are expecting their first soon.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:47 AM, meee said:

Close--she thinks that Passover is in January.

Here is her Israel-centric blog.

http://onegirlsjourney.virtuousdaughters.com/

Also, her family is the one that has the 170-point questionnaire that they give to potential future spouses.

http://www.virtuousdaughters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Updated-Questionnaire1.pdf

Edited by GeoBQn
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

Close--she thinks that Passover is in January.

Here is her Israel-centric blog.

http://onegirlsjourney.virtuousdaughters.com/

Also, her family is the one that has the 170-point questionnaire that they give to potential future spouses.

http://www.virtuousdaughters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Updated-Questionnaire1.pdf

Oh right! Well that makes even less sense, since I'm pretty sure the bible specifies that Passover is in the spring.

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I've always felt very sorry for her.

Mind you, I've never figured out the difference between Messianic Jew and Torah Observant (Christian) Believer, or whatever she calls herself.  I fear it may concern Cheeseburger Soup.

Or biscuits and gravy, geehaw-style.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I started watching Law and Order:True Crime about the Menendez case tonight and it reminded me of a case I read about on here a while ago but I can't for the life of me remember the family name.

As far as I remember one of the sons shot and killed his mother. I think they had been on wife swap at some point. There was talk of serious dietary restrictions and then someone came along who claimed they knew the family and the dietary restrictions were the kids ideas, that she had tempted them with junk food. Does this ring any bells for anyone? It's driving me crazy!

Update: it was the Stockdale Murders. I remembered as soon as I posted this - sods law!

Edited by Ais
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

This might be too much to ask for, but does anyone remember the young black woman whose family moved into an old victorian somewhere in the southern US and lived a very old-fashioned lifestyle? I want to say she had a sister who was close to her own age (late teens, I think), and a brother who was a bit younger. She'd post about going to historical reenactments, the family's efforts to live in a self-sufficient manner, and lots of really lovely sewing and crafting projects, if I remember correctly. I think her name was Mia, and I've always wondered what happened to her. 

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I've got a blog that I half remember and it's killing me!

I followed it around 2008-2010. It was by a 20 something woman about dating as a Christian. I think she might have even written some articles on the topic for Relevant. The only thing I remember clearly was that once she went on a date to  Wild West City.

It wasn't fundie exactly, but there was this very sheepish or, like, apologetic tone that she was dating and still unmarried at such an "old" age.

She eventually stopped blogging when she adopted 2 (3?) teenagers from Central America as a single woman.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for information about a sexual rite that was used in the Reconstructionist movement (specifically in the CRC.) People involved would have been Gary North, Patrick Hurd, and other heads of the reconstructionism back in the 90s. 

This rite was known as "the anointing." It was used as the transition for the wives of prospective elders.

Phrases used include "The bride is ready," and "The bride has submitted." 

Does anyone else remember this or have resources on it?

Does anyone have access to any documentation about how communion was administered at Voddie's church?  I have a vague recollection of him saying in a sermon that I listened to that fathers administered communion to families in his church, but I don't remember which one, a lot of his sermons are no longer online, and I've had a hard time finding much about it.  I found documentation that a church he was a member at did that, but not that the one he pastored did.