IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

I remember her and I have also wondered what happened to her. Hopefully she has left her fundie phase and her last post she talked about how she was happy with her career choice of working with special needs students as a teacher. Maybe it was the turning point for her and she realized how ridiculous being a fake jew fundie was.

• 1 month later...

I saw Katie Bettendorf mentioned in a thread and was wondering what's the background on her because it was mentioned that she got out of the fundie lifestyle.

They were high profile for a while. He got tossed out of the AF for refusing anthrax vaccinations, and they lost all of their military benefits. At one point they were suing AZ or MO CPS for refusing an adoption in the best interests of the child. His FB shows 12 kids.

corrected for accuracy

• 2 months later...

So, there's a blog that I was just reminded of (when someone linked Alan Smith's NCFIC profile, I checked to see profiles in Vermont)... of a fundie in Vermont. I think it's the only fundie blog from Vermont that I've ever seen posted about here. If I remember correctly, it was kind of flowery/Victorian (may have had "Victorian" in the title or subtitle somehow). The family had mostly older kids if I remember correctly. (A daughter may have been courting/dating, but I'm not sure about that). I feel like the blogger went by Mrs. White or something similar (Mrs. something). Sorry for it being so vague - there's not much I remember about it! I think there may have been a thread (quite a while ago - perhaps even before the rapture) about this blog specifically...

Any help is appreciated!

Would you be thinking of Eyes of Wonder (eyesofwonder.typepad.com/)? Not sure if they're in VT but am pretty sure they're in New England.

The blogger goes by the name of Jewels, has something like 8-10 kids, the youngest of whom is about 6 now. The oldest sons are married, not sure about the older girls. The blogger has health issues, apparently, and so doesn't update as often as she used to. Her FB page has more recent posts on it.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the first fundie blogs I read was by this teenage girl called Rachel who wanted to write historical plays. I can't remember the name of her blog, other than her mom's name was Christine, and they lived on a farm where they raised chickens, and there were multiple children. I think Rachel was the oldest one.

I think the blog was called something like rachellivingmodest or SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Help?

• 1 month later...

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I did a search and couldn't find anything on this.

Does anyone know what sect EE belonged to before she got out? I read her blog for a long time, but I don't think she ever mentioned it. I was thinking about her and the Pearl episode on Anderson Cooper today and I realized that I had no idea what kind of fundamentalist she was.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Quite a while ago someone here posted a video about a transgender teen (male to female). If I remember correctly she lived in England. At one point it shows her with her friends at a water park. Sorry but that's all I can remember.

I know the one you mean, I believe she was from Sweden though, and was talking about having a crush on a boy. It's a great video. I'm on my phone but I'll have a look...

• 2 months later...

Does anyone remember the name of that fundie blogger who had a short hair and other bloggers had issues with her? I remembered we talked her one time.

Erica Shupe? largefamiliesonpurpose.com

Assuming this is the woman the op is talking about, who had issues with her?

In looking over her blog, she espouses all the usual fundy stuff, but her hair is unusual being so short.

Assuming this is the woman the op is talking about, who had issues with her?

In looking over her blog, she espouses all the usual fundy stuff, but her hair is unusual being so short.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14060

She really knows how to mix it up with her readers. :)

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/11/short-hair-and-femininity-what-does.html

First post here (long time lurker), but is this it? She got a lot of criticism from other fundies, it looks like. Sorry, I've gotten a little addicted to her blog in the past few weeks and it was the first thing that came to mind. She's rather entertaining as a way to get my mind off my dissertation. I'm a little horrified by how things work with that many kids per bedroom though.

(Meep, first post, ducking back into hiding now.)

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14060

She really knows how to mix it up with her readers. :)

Thanks Jinger Jar. I remember her now. How could I forget all the *laughs* and *chuckles*?

ETA; This response to her entry about short hair from Marie was great;

marieNovember 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I don't judge you for having short hair- and it looks very becoming on you, I might add! I do hope, however, that you also refrain from judgement when others interpret scripture differently than you. (whether it might mean women wearing pants, or interpreting proverbs 31 to allow working outside the home, or limiting family size)

Blessings!

Marie

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear she has refrained from judgement of others at all.

Has she flounced? None of the links work for me. :?

I used to believe in long hair when I was a fundie...I got over it a long time before I had to go through chemo although I still kept it long. Once it fell out, I wondered what those types would say, especially as it was growing in and didn't look so obviously "chemo". Not that I care what they think, I just wonder if they make allowances for things like that. Probably not - probably chemo shows a lack of faith so I fail either way. ;)

Now it has grown out to about shoulder length and I can't believe how cute it is. I'm going to keep it this way. :)

ETA never mind the link on the other page works (but it isn't broken)

largefamiliesonpurpose.com is working for me-- her last post shows up as 2/13 on siblings not parenting each other. Interesting points she makes there; it sounds like she does have some boundaries between children and adult roles in her home, unlike some of the other sister-mom families. I like her level of organization and wish it came without the theological baggage.

Ha, kpmom, I was amused by her response to Marie as well. "Yeah, the Bible is DEscriptive on short hair because I like it, but it's totally totally PREscriptive about having bunches of babies! So nice how that lines up with my life choices! Amazing!" I think that was my moment where I had to stand back and say, is she serious here?

I have pretty long hair and probably wear ~feminine~ dresses and skirts 90% of the time, so most fundies would probably approve of my appearance. Until I opened my mouth and their brains were broken by the godless liberal atheist scientist that I am. ;)

/she types this post with her hair sitting in sock curls