IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

A while back, I was blog surfing, clicking links, and ended up at a quiverfull fundie blog. There was a video that I found very disturbing. There was a baby in the highchair and food was in front of her. But the baby wouldn't eat the food because the mother didn't want her to just yet. Or something like that. I don't know exactly because I was too busy cringing. Her commenters were very impressed and wanted to train their babies the same way. Does anyone know what blog I'm referring to?

Blog #1 was called "Maiden Waiting for Her Beloved". It was written by a woman named Karla, who was good friends with Confused Jezebel IIRC. Karla made her blog private around the time daddy had a man shipped over from Australia for her to court. There was so much crazy on Karla's blog, and I'm dying to know what happened to her!

Blog #2 was a creepy train-wreck. It was called "Women and Marriage", and was written by an Australian man named Michael. He was obsessed with finding a submissive virgin wife, who would be skirts-only and have very long hair. His ideas were fundie, but he was so creepy that I always assumed he had some type of fundie woman fetish. This blog disappeared about 2-3 years ago.

My internet sleuthing skills are not the greatest, do any FJians have any info?!

Blog #1 was called "Maiden Waiting for Her Beloved". It was written by a woman named Karla, who was good friends with Confused Jezebel IIRC. Karla made her blog private around the time daddy had a man shipped over from Australia for her to court. There was so much crazy on Karla's blog, and I'm dying to know what happened to her!

Blog #2 was a creepy train-wreck. It was called "Women and Marriage", and was written by an Australian man named Michael. He was obsessed with finding a submissive virgin wife, who would be skirts-only and have very long hair. His ideas were fundie, but he was so creepy that I always assumed he had some type of fundie woman fetish. This blog disappeared about 2-3 years ago.

My internet sleuthing skills are not the greatest, do any FJians have any info?!

I LOVED women and marriage because the guy was such a nut!

I definitely remember Karla; we were snarking on her around the time I joined FJ in July 2009. But I have no idea what happened to her.

Yup, Michael really creeped me out but he was SO entertaining! I remember one nutty post about how he wanted to marry a woman who wouldn't cut her hair, and would sit on his lap every day when he got home from work. She would always be wearing a long sleeved (very modest!) red dress. :shock:

With Karla, I'm actually legitimately curious as to whether she married that Australian guy. If so, she should have her quiver pretty full by now....

These were two of my favorites....can't CJ come by and tell us what happened to Karla??? Her dad was super creepy-- but it sounded like they had a falling out after she went and stayed with CJ after the 2nd or 3rd kid....If I remember correctly, CJ went super late and i think Karla was pretty unhappy about the time she spent there.

And "Women and Marriage" --- wohooo boy was he fantastically nutty. He worked and I remember all the awkward interactions with his co-workers that he would describe- and you could tell the whole time how impressed with himself he was and how he thought his co-workers were crazy. He was like an Aussie Dwight Schrute.

Looks like Karla started a new blog?

southern-maiden.blogspot.com/2009/12/strong-willed.html

:angry-banghead:

Her writing makes my teeth ache. I'm going to drown my sorrows with tea and Flaubert.

She makes cheese, 'nuff said.

Actually, I could not get past the first post, I was stuck on the cheese and looking around for keifer and old dresses. Unfortunately, she did not "half" the recipe this time. She normally has to "half" the recipe. In fact, she is so busy "halfing" she doesn't even have time to use a dictionary.

The parents had perhaps 3 or 4 biological kids and they adopted a whole passel of other children- I believe it was a large sibling group. One of the bio kids had cancer several years ago and went through a great deal of painful and involved treatments. The mother was incredibly thin... she looked emaciated. Not that she was trying to keep thin or anything- I think that was just her natural physique (who me bitter?) The mom also had some very firm convictions about healthy eating and natural remedies that sort of thing, quite crunchy. They were very conservative in some ways (politically and so on) but not so much in others (kids and mama wore pants) They were the Beckendorfs or Bergamons or something like that (or possibly nothing like that actually.) The mother left the family maybe a year ago (I'm not sure if she took the kids and left the husband or left the kids with the husband,) and it looked like she had some pretty significant mental health issues at that time. Their blog was Team (Last name.) I've been trying to find them online for the last little while just to see if there are any updates...

Anybody else remember this family?

Yesssss! Thank you, thank you, thank you. The name was just eluding me no matter what I tried and I was being driven slowly insane. I owe my future peaceful evening to you, dear fundiefan :)

The Bettendorfs! I wonder often about how they're doing - she (Very very briefly) wrote a blog called Katie and the Kids after she left, but I've not seen them online for about 2 years.. You find anything, Persuaded, I'd love to know!!

I lol'd at the last picture on the about us part.

*Picture of a calf*

This is Domino. He is a steer. In 24 months we will change his name to Dinner.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think she was ever discussed here, but she could have been. But when I used to post on Mothering.com, there was this fundie mom with like 10 or 11 kids who posted all the time. I think she had unassisted births. I know she homeschooled. She had two kids who almost drowned and one of them ended up with brain damage and later died. But she had a blog and every year they had a whole week devoted to the 10 plagues of Egypt complete with fake graves for the dead first born. The whole blog was full of crazy, but I can't remember her username on MDC or even the blog name to search for it. Anybody know who she is?

I used to visit MDC, but the only QF poster I remember was kidzaplenty. Are you a member of TWWS? They would have snarked all over that and would be the ones who would know methinks.

That's her! Kidzaplenty. What is TWWS? Maybe I can find her blog now. Thanks!

I would have never guessed that. LOL I was thinking the first T was television and I was trying to figure out what the rest of it was.

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you would know what it was. I left MDC rather recently and just before I left there was this big discussion about TWWS and it's repository of snark on MDC. I'm not too familiar with TWWS, but I can see where something like this would have been too good to pass up.

I really stopped hanging out at MDC a couple of years ago. I never posted much anyway. The rules were super strict at that point so I am shocked they allowed a discussion of any board snarking on them. There is just so much crazy there that it is kind of scary. There is like a weird overlap of fundies and crunchy, hippy people. There was one other quiverful mom I remember who lived in her parents basement, was super poor, yet wouldn't ever put her kids in school so she could go to work, used blanket training and worshipped the Duggars. But Kidzaplenty always stuck in my mind because of her daughter and then the whole plague week.

the name of the blog by the 19 year old who had two kids. I think her husband was a lot older than her. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Lauren-daughter of Marantha and Matthew Chapman?

Her blog is called "Wearing his purity" and I think it's a blogspot blog. Google is your friend because I'm feeling slack.