IGNORED

Orphan Black on BBC America

Worldofchances2giveu

This is gonna be one heckuva intense clean up! I mean, I thought Sarah hosing down the car after Katja was bad. :auto-car: I can't wait to see Rachel lose her Sugar Honey Iced Tea :angry-steamingears: :angry-screaming: :censor2: :fbomb: :angry-cussingblack:

Everybody's life just seems to spiral out of control with this clone thing. Now Donnie's caught up in it. Sarah seems like she's getting used to the craziness and just goes with it now.

I knew Donnie was pissed when he gave that look, but I thought it would be Rachel that offed Leakie.
Maybe Donnie will play a bigger part now that he's caught up in it all. Maybe he and Allison will team up (and do what? I don't know, but they'll do something and it'll be crazy-ass.)

I figured it had to be Kira's baby tooth, so at least I guessed one thing correctly about this show.

Is Cosima gonna make it?

I've been having a bad feeling about that character for a while now. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm glad it was Kira's because, even though it was the most obvious answer, there are already too many unknowns.

I'm doubtful about Cosima too. There was an interview somewhere with the creators I believe who, when asked about Cosima and how everyone loves her, replied with "Don't get too attached."

i know that's the sort of thing that show runners and cast say when they're trying to tease something, but cosima is so popular with the fans and is probably the least polarising of the clones (it's actually quite surprising that the lesbian is the least controversial!) so it would be a shock for her to die.

My guess would be that she's a cliffhanger in the season finale, but Orphan Black is one of the few shows where my predictions aren't too good. I can usually call these sort of things with the other shows I obsess over, but Orphan Black throws me.

And I actually had one of those common thoughts like "oh if it's the cliffhanger, the poor actress might not know if she has a job for the next season." it happens all the time and then i'm like ... WAIT....

I'll be interested to see Donnie's reaction. He's not as strong emotionally (lbr probably physically as well hahaaha) as Allison, so he might not be able to cover himself with what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a psychotic break and just could not cope. He might even feel like prison wouldn't be that bad now that he's screwed things up with Allison.

Also, I didn't realise Angie's name was Angela DeAngelis until this episode.... Why would you call your child that??? It reminds me of a local politician here whose name is Grace Grace. The thing is though, that's her married name. Yes... she changed her surname to Grace when she got married....

Y'all called it regarding the source of the Stem cells. I wanted so much to believe Kira was a red herring because it seemed too obvious somehow. I feel like Cosima's character isn't really fleshed out. Reading between the lines, I conclude she comes from a well-adjusted, well-read, affluent, and liberal family. I think because she only available via Skype, she didn't feel to me like she was fully in the game with the other clones. I still don't like Delphine. She can't be redeemed -in my mind- from her snooping expedition.

And I actually had one of those common thoughts like "oh if it's the cliffhanger, the poor actress might not know if she has a job for the next season." it happens all the time and then i'm like ... WAIT.....

OMG, I've done this too!

Also, I didn't realise Angie's name was Angela DeAngelis until this episode.... Why would you call your child that??? It reminds me of a local politician here whose name is Grace Grace. The thing is though, that's her married name. Yes... she changed her surname to Grace when she got married...

I originally assumed she was going to be an undercover Prolethean, like Maggie Chen, based on her name. I figured she was planted by them to be Beth's monitor inside the police force.

Wow - just watched it last night! What an episode! OMG Poor Donnie, I don't think he's going to cope at all well with this. My guess is he calls Allison, who sends Sarah and Fe there and they help him clean up/ dispose of body, or car, or both...they seem to just roll with the punches, those two. A survivor instinct I guess.

I so loved Tatiana being Sarah acting as Allison! You could tell it was someone trying to be someone else and copying their mannerisms. If that makes sense.

And damn - who is that Marion person? She's tarred with the same brush as Rachel, or vice versa...tough as nails, and icy cold, although Rachel does show a glimpse here and there of something more underneath...

And I actually had one of those common thoughts like "oh if it's the cliffhanger, the poor actress might not know if she has a job for the next season." it happens all the time and then i'm like ... WAIT....

Yeah, I think our girl Tatiana is gonna be okay :martini:

And damn - who is that Marion person? She's tarred with the same brush as Rachel, or vice versa...tough as nails, and icy cold, although Rachel does show a glimpse here and there of something more underneath...

I wondered if she could be Rachel's adoptive mother, the scientist who was supposedly killed.

:confusion-shrug:

There is also Fe's potential setup for murder as a season-ending cliffhanger. My boy CANNOT go to jail. No way. No how. I love how he and Allison are becoming closer. Those two are priceless.

Screenshot2_zpscc182988.png

Screenshot1_zps1868e27c.png

I think they want us to watch OB live Saturday. :lol4:

I wonder if they're going to start early or run late to fuck up DVRs. I'm going to be out of town. I think I'll record the shows before and after just to be safe.

Was it really good? I'm out of town and my hotel doesn't get BBC Am. I'm really trying to avoid spoilers, but it's hard. So, just tell me, was this week's ep really good?

:geek:

It is really good!

There is something that happens at the beginning that will throw you for a loop, and you're going to be one step behind the entire time.

Last night's episode was amaaaazing! The synopses for the final two episodes make me very worried. :(

I gotta come clean. I was totally creeped out, turned on, intrigued by Fee's encounter. I haven't taboo-shipped since The Borgias.

So what did we all think of Tony? I didn't like him :( I mean, as in another character. It just didn't feel like he was an individual like the others, and I kept seeing him as Sarah for whatever reason.

Maybe it's because I'm so invested in the characters we already know like the Clone Club, Fe, Kira, even poor old Donnie, that a new one just doesn't ring true? Nup, now that I've just written that, I know that's not right either. It's something about the character that I just can't take to. It's like the writers went for the greatest surprise factor rather than a good character, or something...I don't know.

It's not the trans thing, cos that's the only part of him I found cool, as that is another step along the sexuality spectrum we mentioned a few posts back. Don't know what it is :cry:

I don't think I know enough about Tony to determine whether I like him or not. I don't think he's necessarily supposed to be a likeable character -- at least at this point.

I kept comparing Tatiana's performance to Hillary Swank's in Boys Don't Cry. As much as I love our girl Tatiana, there was no comparison. But maybe that's not fair to Tatiana. Maybe those two characters can't be compared -- maybe they're not as alike as I think they are and I'm just judging superficially on the first "female plays male" roles that come to mind. But Hillary was playing a female who hadn't undergone gender reassignment surgery and Tony, it appears, has.

So, Sam was Tony's monitor, and he and Paul are both ghosts? Does that mean spooks? Are they both still (well, past tense in Sammy's case) in the military? So the military is still involved somehow?

I see Allison and Donnie teaming up and going rogue; creating all kinds of havoc.

I'm betting Kira can decipher those codes and diagrams in The Island of Dr. Moreau book. She's some kind of genius or something. Duncan was leaving her messages there.

I don't think I know enough about Tony to determine whether I like him or not. I don't think he's necessarily supposed to be a likeable character -- at least at this point.

It's not a case of Tony being likeable or not as a person or a character, as unlikeable characters can sometimes be great! With me, it's more to do with me personally not liking the introduction of another clone, or Tatiana as much as I adore her performances, didn't nail this one convincingly, as I kept seeing him as Sarah, and don't have that issue with any of the other clones... I'm not explaining myself terribly well, but the introduction of this new character just left me feeling "meh" :think:

So, Sam was Tony's monitor, and he and Paul are both ghosts? Does that mean spooks? Are they both still (well, past tense in Sammy's case) in the military? So the military is still involved somehow?

Not sure what "ghost" refers to, unless as you say it's like a "spook". Certainly sounds like there may be a military aspect, otherwise, how would they ever have found Paul and earmarked him to be Beth's monitor? It seems maybe he was in the military, had something happen, or did something to bring himself to the attention of DYAD, who then offered him protection if he became Beth's monitor..

I see Allison and Donnie teaming up and going rogue; creating all kinds of havoc

Oh I hope so :D They're great.

I'm betting Kira can decipher those codes and diagrams in The Island of Dr. Moreau book. She's some kind of genius or something. Duncan was leaving her messages there.

Same here!! I thought he recognised the abilities she has, too. She was smiing a little as she flicked through the diagrams as if she understood.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

Squeeeeee!!! Thank you, thank you for not spoiling :D , but now I am just looking SO forward to seeing this episode... I'm guessing something huge happens- no, don't say anything :lol:

Yep.

Oh.

My.

God.

Pretty much sums it up, really. Special mention going to Donnie for telling Angela where to get off, and quite rightly swaggering a little on his way back to the house.

Donnie: :lol:

Donnie and Alison doin it on the freezer: :shock:

Gracie and her beau: :clap:

Rachel: :angry-cussingblack:

Helena and the fundie: Not enough :o :o :o smilies in the world

Gah, I'm so behind! I've had a crazy weekend, and house guests for the next week. I gotta carve some time out for myself to get my geek on.

I gotta carve some time out for myself to get my geek on.

Hell yeah you do GG! Where are your priorities?? ;) You GOTTA watch this episode (no.9), so much awesomeness!

I love the new an improved Donny. He and Allison are the perfect couple!

The rest of it.

Oh.

My.

God.

I need to watch it a second time.

So who's watched the finale?

:pink-shock:

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. My new roommate also likes OB, so we basically stood in the hallway going "oh my god" at eachother.