IGNORED

"The Shaytards" . family vlog/youtube channel

AVENues

Okay I really did a search on it but it hasn't popped up so I guess you guys haven't talked about this family yet.

They are not fundy, I dunno what they are. They are a family with four children and a father who decided his full time job will be to film his family and post it on youtube.

He "jokingly" gave their show the name Shaytards and no one's bothered by it except for unbearable people with no sense of humor. For example, me.

His name is Shay Carl, and he thought it would be a funny idea to add "tard" as an ending to everyone's nicknames in the family. They have Rocktard, Princesstard, Babytard and Sontard, the oldest. Because without "tard", they wouldn't be the same. Because, as I was told, it's just to show the world how silly they are :3 And it's totally adorbs n such! :blech:

I don't know how but the show is a huge success on youtube, the guy keeps making his kids do all kind of embarrassing things, now for serious fame and money.

I cannot believe that people watch something like that and they haven't had been told to re-baptize the name of the show since it's highly offensive to people with disabilities.

They are not my pet crazies, but I wanted to ask what you people think. Am I overreacting?!

No, you're not overreacting. I cannot understand the need people have to use the word "retard" in an inappropriate manner. I just don't understand why you would keep using a word that causes people so much pain. Especially if he's making the kids do "embarrassing things", it just perpetuates the negative connotations of the word.

I grew up in a house where we had to put a quarter in a jar every time we used that word. Seriously, it's worse than a swear word in my house because I grew up with a mom who made huge breakthroughs in the autism world. I have no tolerance for its misuse.

Thank you... I was trying to call him out long ago but the fans picked me into molecules. In the end, I felt weird for mentioning it! Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/user/SHAYTARDS here's the channel.

Good news is, you can now purchase your vewy own, KHOOL shayt*rd T-shirt. Glory, glory halleluiah.... :eyeroll: :party:

(I secretly call him Shayturd. Not because of the "tard", but because he's a huge pile of turd.)

My little siblings used to watch it when the youngest was a baby, cause they liked looking at videos of babies and children.

I dont really see whats so good about it

Thank you... I was trying to call him out long ago but the fans picked me into molecules. In the end, I felt weird for mentioning it! Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/user/SHAYTARDS here's the channel.

Good news is, you can now purchase your vewy own, KHOOL shayt*rd T-shirt. Glory, glory halleluiah.... :eyeroll: :party:

(I secretly call him Shayturd. Not because of the "tard", but because he's a huge pile of turd.)

I only watched about 3 minutes of one video before the mom actually CALLED the little one "babytard" to its face and I had to turn it off. It bugs me so much that they're teaching that to their children.

Out of all the nicknames that could be added as a suffix to their personal nicknames... why "tard"? And I'm still scratcing myself that in a world where "Mongoloid idiocy" for people with Down Syndrome have died out, they call their entire family "tards" jokingly. They have four healthy kids. I wonder how they felt about that suffix if one of them actually lived up to their name because of some birth defect, accident or disease, god forsake.

Again, I sit and wonder. How come no one is bringing their rudeness to their attention.

*Can't edit anymore, I wasn't scratching "myself", I was "scratching my head". *blush*

I've seen their volgs on and off over the years. They have been going about 3 or 4 years now. They are Mormon but rarely talk about it, or don't talk about on the vlogs I have seen. I believe the name came about because of the unitard and the fact that the dad dressed up in one. Maybe it colloquial but while the word retard is known here and considered offensive I wouldn't understand why tard at the end of a word would be, I wouldn't relate the two. I had to use my brain to realise that it's possible tard could be slang for retard in some places. I remember thinking the name was bad because it sounded like turd. They have filmed their kids every day for years now and sometimes I wonder how much the kids enjoy it. The two youngest know no other life as baby was about 1/2 when they started and rock was born after their "show" started. I saw a recent one, as my interest was re-peaked due the documentry they are making on the sucess of the show and their oldest looks over the whole thing now, kinda sad.

I can't believe these people have a following. I find them boring, obnoxious and pointless. I'm sick of people thinking because they have access to a video camera and YouTube they should somehow try to make themselves famous.

I saw a recent one, as my interest was re-peaked due the documentry they are making on the sucess of the show and their oldest looks over the whole thing now, kinda sad.

It's not only that. Even the names are really telling, I don't think I'm reading too much into it. He named his second child Princess(t*rd, however), the little girl Baby(t*rd) and his oldest was just Sontard. He never showed much affection to him anyway. I don't think he's particularly emotionally pampered unlike the 2 girls, and I don't know about the baby because I never watched it after one or 2 atrocious episodes around the time the baby was born.

I can't believe these people have a following. I find them boring, obnoxious and pointless. I'm sick of people thinking because they have access to a video camera and YouTube they should somehow try to make themselves famous.

The last fracture of an episode that I saw was them, outside in the rain, because the father ordered them to go outside and make weird moves in the rain. Even the mother. :roll: He really is an IQ light idiot.

I'm a pretty big fan of YouTube, but that is one of two channels that everyone seems to watch that I just don't understand. Every episode I've tried to watch has been boring.

It's not only that. Even the names are really telling, I don't think I'm reading too much into it. He named his second child Princess(t*rd, however), the little girl Baby(t*rd) and his oldest was just Sontard. He never showed much affection to him anyway. I don't think he's particularly emotionally pampered unlike the 2 girls, and I don't know about the baby because I never watched it after one or 2 atrocious episodes around the time the baby was born.

Yes, he does seem to favour the girls. I think what worries me most about them is the lack of stability. They move house and state a lot. They have moved from Idaho to California and back and back again and everytime their address get leaked they move house/apartment again. Those kids must have no clue where they belong. At time I wonder if the youngest 2 know their real names. It's one of those scenarios where it doesn't sit right, but there's nothing bad enough for those kids to get help.

The recent one I saw the oldest son had had some toy stolen at his school and he was quite upset, understandably, I was concerned that he, possibly the girls too, might get picked on because of who they are, or who their dad is. Also moving so far from friends they make and being the new kid a lot can't be good for there social development,

I agree with y'all. I don't get the hype and I found this "show" super annoying. I think the Dad is the most annoying person ever.

First of all, thanks for the replies because this show(?) has been bugging the heck out of me for years, even the mere thought of it. Not only because of the name, but also because it's child exploitation. Not because of their religion, unlike I've been told many times when it came to calling out fundy families that live off of their brood.

I just sit and wonder, when is someone that has more authority than I do, like an organization for disabled people, going to FINALLY call him out on his poor choice of nicknames.

That is a good article!

I have seen a few copy cats on YouTube with equally irritating fathers. I hope this trend dies out soon :(

Ummm...why is that even entertaining? I didn't make it through the whole video, so maybe I missed something, but that was stupid.

Dearest Miffy! I thank you so much! And hail whomever composed that incredibly accurate article. :clap:

**Ouch, ouch, ouch... ouch.

I'm actually through the entire article and I've discovered an immense amount of name calling at the bottom.

As much as I liked the article and the fact that someone finally called him out on ... well so much of what he is and what he has done... the article should have been an effort to STOP all the name calling... instead of adding more!!!

He calls Son-t*rd the R word!!!

No, Son is the least favorite kid, he's living in an emotionally abusive environment, is emotionally neglected and therefore totally withdrawn, but he's not... "that", that is so atrocious of the writer.

And yikes Wh*re tard for the little girl?! Yes, she's totally the favorite kid, but she is a, what, six-year-old maybe, and not a sex worker... (and can't you just say sex worker instead of whore?!)

Yikes... Okay, I find the ending totally atrocious. I'd totally heart the article if the very end were to be entirely removed.

ED is a wiki so you can change the ending if you like.

Some of the things can be really, really off. They used to be moderated by a woman who would keep the crazy stuff under control a bit. But she dumped the site & now its a little bit rogue.

They have a page about the duggars & one about quiverfull

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/The_Duggars

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Quiverfull

maybe we should add to/clean all 3 pages up a bit?

Since male adherents of Quiverfull ideology are mostly illiterate, knuckle-dragging morons, most Quiverfull blogs on teh Internets are written by women who spend most of their time bragging about:

1. How many children they have (fewer than 15 is considered shameful),

2. How pretty the cover of their home organization binders are,

3. Thanking Jesus for giving them husbands who treat them like slaves

4. Mocking "those poor women who don't know Jesus" (i.e., feminists and wives who haven't submitted to their husbands' repeated requests for anal).

5. ????????

6. PROPHET!11!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I MUST study this encyclopedia because editing online articles is brand new to me.

Really, if people create these scripts because they are unhappy with child exploitation... why add insult to injury by calling the CHILDREN names, like R-tard and wh*re?!!!!! That one is SO NOT OKAY! It's not the children's fault that they are in a show that they never offered consent to appear in, that they are used to support their jobless father, and as I see in the pictures, they are totally abused in all kinds of ways available. I almost got SICK.

Miffy, that section where the kids are being called names must be severely shortened, or entirely removed. Since it introduces the family and they are major part of it, I guess it would be best to chop off large chunks of it where name calling happens.

I totally don't know how to do it, how is it appropriate to do it but the last thing those children need is more humiliation and name calling because of their father's stupidity.

I took out the bit where they call the kids names. I can't take out too much because somebody will notice & probably revert the changes.

I may have added some links to the quiverfull page. :dance:

I took out the bit where they call the kids names. I can't take out too much because somebody will notice & probably revert the changes.

I may have added some links to the quiverfull page. :dance:

Love you! Srsly, you're great. At least it'll spare the children from more name calling. It is none of their fault that they were born to 2 idiotic parents. Thank you very much!!!

Archived