IGNORED

A non snark-worthy post from the Maxwells

deborahlynn1979

I feel like fertility treatments would be outside of their beliefs, and not seen as trusting god. Of course, they may have gone that route and justified it somehow if they had continued to be unable to conceive.

I've wondered before if maybe they aren't carriers for a genetic disorder. It's possible that they have conceived more times than they've shared, but had miscarriages so early that they didn't even notice, or didn't want to share with the world. Melanie's pregnancies have always been high-risk, and they've lost one of their 4 children to a birth injury(?) that wasn't fully explained, but was potentially caused or exacerbated by existing problems. Also curious that their full-term pregnancies have only produced girls. Could be random, of course, but some genetic disorders can only be found in boys, or are more likely to be fatal in boys.

/idle speculation bus

I always wondered if they were following ATI rules. These rules say that a couple avoids until day 14 of the cycle. It's based on Leviticus, with the "unclean" stuff. However, if a woman is ovulating early in her cycle, say on day 10 or 12, waiting until day 14 will mean they miss it every month. I'm just speculating, but I have known other couples who have had this issue. An ATI wife that I know had almost 9 years of infertility until they consulted a doctor, who told them to ditch that rule. They are now pregnant with their 2nd child.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve TOLD you? Do you know him?

No, I don't know him. Told me, as in an email.

I just watched the Susannah slideshow. Who is singing the song that accompanies the photos? His voice is...distinctive?

It's here: titus2.com/susannah/slideshow.html

That is an EXTREMELY polite way of putting it.

Apparently I have been banned altogether from commenting on their blog, including sympathetic/Maxwell-friendly comments.

Is this the case for anyone else or has Steve singled me out for this honor?

I could do without Sarah's "exhortation" to parents in that post, since she is neither a parent nor an outcome of good parenting. Other than that, it is a tragedy, regardless of what I think of the Maxwells otherwise.

I was going to say that despite the horrific singing, the slideshow still made me teary eyed. "Distinctive" is much nicer. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I think the Maxwell singers would have all been teens/tweens when they wrote and performed that song. I wouldn't have thought it a natural consequence for them to go on produce a commercially available CD in later years, but as a tribute to a niece it is very lovely.

I feel very badly for Melanie. Fertility issues and losing babies must be even harder to cope with when you are taught that children are a reward from God.

I could do without Sarah's "exhortation" to parents in that post, since she is neither a parent nor an outcome of good parenting. Other than that, it is a tragedy, regardless of what I think of the Maxwells otherwise.

This. For someone who is sheltered to the max and makes no significant decisions for herself, Sarah can be awfully smug.

I always wondered if they were following ATI rules. These rules say that a couple avoids until day 14 of the cycle. It's based on Leviticus, with the "unclean" stuff. However, if a woman is ovulating early in her cycle, say on day 10 or 12, waiting until day 14 will mean they miss it every month. I'm just speculating, but I have known other couples who have had this issue. An ATI wife that I know had almost 9 years of infertility until they consulted a doctor, who told them to ditch that rule. They are now pregnant with their 2nd child.

Nine years of "infertility" and they couldn't figure out that maybe should have sex the other two weeks of the month?

:roll:

Apparently I have been banned altogether from commenting on their blog, including sympathetic/Maxwell-friendly comments.

Is this the case for anyone else or has Steve singled me out for this honor?

They banned me too. The Duggar site banned my ip. I have a new ip now because I changed over to Uverse. heh heh

I remember when Susannah died. If memory serves me right, Nathan already requested prayers for the baby due to abnormalities found in-utero. There was a cyst in the brain and some other complications which, they were told, necessitated surgery and NICU stay after birth.

I don't think the Maxwells stated what exactly was the problem with Susannah, but they knew she would not be a healthy, normal baby. Melanie, if I remember correctly, did not have a "normal" pregnancy either. Nathan and Melanie was already preparing for serious stays in the hospital for the babe *before* the delivery, but Melanie had to receive hormone shots put on bed rest during most of the pregnancy.

In the end, the baby was born early, although not extremely premature. The baby never opened her eyes. Nathan even mentioned the doc thought their baby may never have "been there" at any point. I thought Nathan did the right things, including asking for US to detect fetal abnormalities, and later, letting the child die peacefully when the docs said there was not much they could do.

It's always hard to lose a wanted child but it must be very difficult for Melanie. She did not have a child for the first few years of marriage and then this happens for her first born. It was pretty frightening for her when Abigail's pregnancy was also fraught with difficulties, but the baby was born healthy (although it also required brief stay in the hospital). As fundies, I don't think Nathan and Melanie went for fertility counseling. It violates their belief of letting God open wombs and stuff. However, once the pregnancy progressed, they saw nothing bad about using modern medicine to keep the pregnancy.

Ha. I actually thought something much less charitable than "distinctive" but since he was singing the song as a tribute to his deceased baby niece, I decided to be nice about it.

Here is a link to an old blog just before her birth. Thanks waybackmachine.org!

web.archive.org/web/20070308161011/http://www.titus2.com/blog/

Note, the very first post is from Chris announcing his ENGAGEMENT to Sara Smith. :mrgreen:

The next available day is of her funeral. :(

web.archive.org/web/20070410174633/http://www.titus2.com/blog/

And it also has the infamous chasing the cat up the tree story and pics. I still don't understand how in any universe they thought that was a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

And it also has the infamous chasing the cat up the tree story and pics. I still don't understand how in any universe they thought that was a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

Because to them cats don't have souls and aren't deserving of God's love?

Here is a link to an old blog just before her birth. Thanks waybackmachine.org!

web.archive.org/web/20070308161011/http://www.titus2.com/blog/

Note, the very first post is from Chris announcing his ENGAGEMENT to Sara Smith. :mrgreen:

Excellent find! And Sara is even wearing a frumper! Thank God she dodged that bullet! She's got much better taste in clothing and more of a sense of adventure and more freedom to travel than she ever would have marrying a MaxHell. She was way too spunky to be a MaxHell.

Excellent find! And Sara is even wearing a frumper! Thank God she dodged that bullet! She's got much better taste in clothing and more of a sense of adventure and more freedom to travel than she ever would have marrying a MaxHell. She was way too spunky to be a MaxHell.

It has been a joy to see how the Lord Jesus Christ has knit our hearts together in love, and to see Him bring us to this point without the use of the worldly system of dating.

Jesus had to recast his needles and knit you another wife. That's ok. I heard he was a wizz at Arran jumpers a fundie wife is just a nonchalant plain and purl deal.

"They banned me too. The Duggar site banned my ip. I have a new ip now because I changed over to Uverse. heh heh"

What the heck did you say Do you mean the Duggars Wiout Pity site?

Fundies are still people with feelings though we disgree with their beliefs. This is sad but you'd think ti would be a wake up call about setting these formulas for everyone to follow. Some women are able to handle multiple pregnancies with no incidents and others are not. Melanie seems to be one who can't. The only thing I give the Maxwells credit for is keeping of tv.

Yes Chris does seem to have a fetish for frumpers as NR Anna continues to wear them long after Jim Boob told Stevie to let his lady flock wear 'modern modest' clothing. Seems that Sara ditched the frumpers soon after he dumped her.

Off topic, but:

I had a dream about the Maxwells last night :? (Definitely a sign that I spend too much time on FJ!!) I think I was trying to save them all from Stevus Christ without him realising then he found out that I had an ulterior motive for being there but I woke up before shit went down.... :whistle:

I thought you'd all understand this!

Back on topic:

It has been a joy to see how the Lord Jesus Christ has knit our hearts together in love, and to see Him bring us to this point without the use of the worldly system of dating.

Yeah and look how well that relationship turned out! Courtships have worked for some fundies but there is nothing wrong with dating. Dating does not automatically equal fucking your brains out (of course for some that's all part of the fun ;) and there's nothing wrong with it!) Courtship puts so much pressure on two people, who barely know each other. It reminds me of Smuggar & Anna on their honeymoon and how they said they'd really gotten to know each other...like WTF? I want to really get to know my future husband way before we say "I do" and funnily enough my parents trust me to do what's best for me and to follow my own rules, they wouldn't dream of chaperoning me on dates! They didn't when I went on my first one at 14 and certainly wouldn't now I'm 21!

Steven B on March 22, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

What, no Reagan Library tour?

>>>>>>>>>

We did that several years back.

Who posted this little dig about reading? Note the normal kurt reply.

That poor cat. You could see the fear in his face. What sort of owner volunteers their pet for that? What happened to the dog? Dogs seem like the evil fun that must be avoided at all costs, I'm surprised they had one.

Christopher looks happier in those pictures. I think he still had hope for his life back then before he realized how Steve would never, ever let him go.

Archived