IGNORED

Joseph Duggar at ALERT

roddma

All I could think when I saw the group photo was, "that poor man is going bald and he's only 18!"

A note of advice to Jim Boob and Mullet: no amount of brainwashing camp will keep your children from fleeing TTH in the long run. If Joseph truly wants to leave, he will eventually. Maybe he is tired of living his life by Jim Boob's rules and is on the cusp of leaving.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The depth and scope of our training has proven to deepen a man’s walk with the Lord, cause a rapid growth in maturity, and develop the confidence to face the up-and-coming significant life challenges. The concepts taught in this phase are foundational to the skills that will be introduced during the second phase of ALERT training. Basic Training costs roughly $3,500 with program costs and gear needs.

Which j kid freaked out and was manhandled by boob when j20 was annonced? Joesph?

That was Josiah.

Which j kid freaked out and was manhandled by boob when j20 was annonced? Joesph?

That was Josiah. He fled during the announcement and was forced back to the group by Boob. he was rubbing his elbow on hiss return and looked like he'd been crying. Some headship YOU are, Boob!

As for Joseph, I wonder if he was discontented enough to blurt out his feelings. Even if he didn't do it within earshot of Boob or Milk Dud, one of the many snitches among his siblings (I'm lookin' at you, Jill) could have blown his cover.

I wonder what he did. Probably something that all 18 year old boys do, but for some reason Gothard has decided it is immoral.

Or that Gothard did it and he regretted it; so that must mean that everybody else MUST regrett it too!!!!!111!! :roll: Doesn't J'Chelle and Jim-Boob realize that they're getting a rep for being evil parents by letting the media know they're sending their kids to these places? We're not stupid, J'Chelle and Jim-Boob, we know what these "camps" and "journeys" really are. What cruel dumb asshats. :evil:

8?????

Its like boot camp, what are 8 year olds doing there (unless you mean 18).

They've shown the younger boys participating in ALERT on the show, when they've been at the annual ATI shindig. It looked like they were doing calisthenics and obstacle course-like activities. Some of them seemed to enjoy it. Hell, I'd rather be outside climbing a rope than participating in the crap the girls have to do.

An additional thought. These Alert boot camps cost $3500 plus per session. There are three levels...That's almost 11 grand per kid plus equipment and other expenses. So Jim Bob is going to shell out about $100K all told if all the J'Boys go to Gothard boot camp? That's a whole frickin' lot of money for not a lot of return.

How do poorer ATI families afford this stuff?

Would be cheaper and more useful to let the kid join the National Guard or something.

That sounds okay and something a lot of children would enjoy. Im glad its not like actual baby boot camp for the littler ones.

NIKE! I see some defrauding thighs in those blog pictures showing their leg raises as punishment for not passing inspection. :shock:

I thought Joseph was helping JD with the towing business. Wonder if he'll come back to that. Did he graduate SODRT? Get his GED. How much info do we have on him?

Joseph has always struck me as a favored child in that family, both with Jim Bob and Michelle. He's cooperative, reliable, and pleasant, though he doesn't seem to like the camera. I suspect that ALERT is something he wanted to do. It gives him time away from herding younger brothers, mowing the lawn, and travelling to NY to do a bunch of interviews. He gets to spend time with other guys his age. And since he doesn't seem rebellious I doubt the indoctrination would bother him much.

So they make these kids hike 6 hours, 12 hours and 24 HOURS (3 individual hikes)??? They wake them up in the middle of the night and force them to march for an entire day? Besides physically torturing them, how does that make you a better christian or father?

FFS I dont understand why these people insist on beating the shit out of their kids in the name of jebus but refuse to educate them properly. If they put half as much effort into educating them as they do making them "manly" these kids would stand a chance. Right now this is just torture for tortures sake.

I'm new here, so forgive me if this question has already been asked, but what exactly is the intended purpose of all this pseudo-military training? What do Gothard and ATI followers hope to ultimately accomplish with it?

Free Joseph.

This just reminds me of what they must do in those scary ass militia groups ::: shudder:::

Joseph has always struck me as a favored child in that family, both with Jim Bob and Michelle. He's cooperative, reliable, and pleasant, though he doesn't seem to like the camera. I suspect that ALERT is something he wanted to do. It gives him time away from herding younger brothers, mowing the lawn, and travelling to NY to do a bunch of interviews. He gets to spend time with other guys his age. And since he doesn't seem rebellious I doubt the indoctrination would bother him much.

We really have no idea how well Joseph gets along with his parents. The reality show is scripted and highly controlled by Jim Bob and he'd never let us get the sense that he had any serious problems getting along with any of his kids. The only hints we get are when TLC lets little things slip, and even then they usually try to cover it up. (Like the editing of Josiah leaving the J-20 celebration.) Joseph has never been featured much on the show, even when he was still quite young so it's impossible to get any real sense of whether he's the rebellious sort or not.

That training sounds like torture. I question how many of those young men are truly there voluntarily.

This just makes me so sad for him and his siblings. I'm sorry, he's 18. He should be going into college. Time is money and they are wasting his time with punishing him for being a normal youg adult. Those kids truly need to be paid for all the crap their parents put them through. When is the state of Arkansas going to develop laws to protect these kids and make sure their parents are doing right by them?

As a relative newbie (my posts are low but I was a long-time lurker), there's something I've been wondering about with these "retreats" they send the kids on. I can see with ALERT how it's very militaristic and boot camp-like and so may be used as punishment, but what is it about Journey to the Heart that makes it a way to punish the girls? I know I see on the boards everyone talking about girls being sent off there when they aren't keeping sweet but then in the images they're all smilely and happy and talking about how much they love it. Yes OF COURSE I know this is a world of fake smiles but still, I just don't see how Journey to the Heart is used as a punishment like ALERT is. So please, fill me in!

That sounds okay and something a lot of children would enjoy. Im glad its not like actual baby boot camp for the littler ones.

And that's the way this racket works. You rope them in with lots of fun, innocent, irresistible activities that almost all young children would enjoy. They make friends, they get positive feedback on how great they're doing, and they feel happy about it. Ever so slowly, the ick-factor elements are introduced as they get older, but still with lots of fun and fellowship, so it gets normalized. By the time they're young adults, the whole thing is acceptable to them because they've been indoctrinated since early childhood.

As a relative newbie (my posts are low but I was a long-time lurker), there's something I've been wondering about with these "retreats" they send the kids on. I can see with ALERT how it's very militaristic and boot camp-like and so may be used as punishment, but what is it about Journey to the Heart that makes it a way to punish the girls? I know I see on the boards everyone talking about girls being sent off there when they aren't keeping sweet but then in the images they're all smilely and happy and talking about how much they love it. Yes OF COURSE I know this is a world of fake smiles but still, I just don't see how Journey to the Heart is used as a punishment like ALERT is. So please, fill me in!

Have a read: iluvgod.wordpress.com/tag/rhema/

I agree.I also think Joe might be preparing to begin a job training/internship within IBLP(ALERT is a part of all that,right?).It would relieve him of his duties in the traveling Duggar compound,give him a chance at building a future within the culture that he knows,and possibly find a courtship opportunity with a Royal Fundie girl.That would make Mama'chelle and "Daddy" proud of their good little Gothardite boy,while giving him the advantage of stepping away from the circus.

Poor Joseph. I wish someone on the outside, like maybe the camera guy or producer at TLC, would clue these kids in on the fact that after 18 they are free. After all of these years of filming for TLC, you'd think one of those people would have some decency and help the older kids escape. I think it would be ratings gold to for a "Duggar Escapes and Goes to College" show. You would think after all of these years of filming, TLC would be generous to at least one of the kids and maybe pay for college and a dorm room. I know, wishful thinking.

I wonder the same thing, how come none of the TLC crew have the decency to help any. Boot camp is given as a penalty to those in the secular world for breaking the law, basically Joseph is being treated like a prisoner and the saddest thing is that they all do not seem to know they are old enough to break free.

I used to think the Duggars were annoying, but harmless. FJ has totally changed that.

The camera crew is probably not allowed to interfere, like the camera crew for Teen Mom.

Archived