IGNORED

Joseph Duggar at ALERT

roddma

According to the coment section on the Dr.Oz post on duggarsblog, Joseph has been at ALERT for two months which explains his absence.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old is Joseph?

Is ALERT the male equivalent of Journey to the Heart? Has he been a naughty Duggar?

Josh spent a lot of time there in late adolescence, but JohnDavid doesn't seem to have.

My guess is that either he's preparing to "work" there or he's struggling with purity like Josh was. And with five unmarried older siblings a quick, young, marriage probably won't be an option for him.

According to the coment section on the Dr.Oz post on duggarsblog, Joseph has been at ALERT for two months which explains his absence.

Two months?! Isn't the journey to the heart only 10 days?

How old is Joseph?

Is ALERT the male equivalent of Journey to the Heart? Has he been a naughty Duggar?

If I recall correctly, Joseph is 18.

On the show, they compared ALERT to the Boy Scouts. I don't know why he would be there for 2+ months. That seems excessive. Joseph is a quiet guy, like John David. I don't get the impression that he was a "victim" of dirty thoughts (and possibly actions) like Josh.

alert is much longer than JTTH. it is almost military like in the regime from what i have read. hunter kendall (brother to lise morton and prentiss i-forget) is also currently at alert for several months according to facebook.

alert is much longer than JTTH. it is almost military like in the regime from what i have read. hunter kendall (brother to lise morton and prentiss i-forget) is also currently at alert for several months according to facebook.

Wasn't this the place that Boob sent Smugger after he touched up a girl?

I smell SIN IN THE CAMP, which is a shame as Joseph always seems a likeable guy.

Wasn't this the place that Boob sent Smugger after he touched up a girl?

I smell SIN IN THE CAMP, which is a shame as Joseph always seems a likeable guy.

Why would an eighteen year old boy touching up a girl, or even fucking her, make him less likeable?

I wonder what he did. Probably something that all 18 year old boys do, but for some reason Gothard has decided it is immoral.

Joseph is probably there training to be a "supervisor for the next conference. They have to find the men to keep those boys in line somwhere and what better way to exert your independence than hanging with a bunch of other virgins for a few months, chatting about pureness and which girls in the fundie camp you want to take up with?

Why would an eighteen year old boy touching up a girl, or even fucking her, make him less likeable?

Joseph does seem a likeable guy, It's a shame he's been sent to this boot camp.

Oh no, poor Joey D. Alert sounds even more brutal than JTTH. I also wonder if this has something to do with Joseph committing the cardinal sin of being a human being with natural desires. If he comes back with a shaved head... :x

Poor Joseph. I wish someone on the outside, like maybe the camera guy or producer at TLC, would clue these kids in on the fact that after 18 they are free. After all of these years of filming for TLC, you'd think one of those people would have some decency and help the older kids escape. I think it would be ratings gold to for a "Duggar Escapes and Goes to College" show. You would think after all of these years of filming, TLC would be generous to at least one of the kids and maybe pay for college and a dorm room. I know, wishful thinking.

Joseph does seem a likeable guy, It's a shame he's been sent to this boot camp.

Does he have a job outside of the home? If not, where would he even find a woman to touch up who wasn't in his family? :?

I think Alert is not that much a punisment camp as JTTH, more like ATI Boy Scouts like someone said. At least Kendalyn Staddon's brother and one of the Staddon boys (Jonathan?) has been to Alert. Jonathan was very eager to attend (he got a big backpack for Alert as a Christmas gift) and they wrote with apparent pride how he "graduated" and Mom & Dad Staddon went to see his graduation.

ALERT is the approved form of the "military" for young men so minded, but who can't be under a non-Christian leader (or female) leader. They memorize a huge chunk of the Bible too.

I think Alert is not that much a punisment camp as JTTH, more like ATI Boy Scouts like someone said. At least Kendalyn Staddon's brother and one of the Staddon boys (Jonathan?) has been to Alert. Jonathan was very eager to attend (he got a big backpack for Alert as a Christmas gift) and they wrote with apparent pride how he "graduated" and Mom & Dad Staddon went to see his graduation.

I have been a Scout leader in Canada and I don't think there is a real comparison between the two programs. For one thing, there are no Scouting activities that would take a boy away from his family for two months! The longest camps etc that we had were a week for camps and, perhaps, a couple of weeks for an out of country expedition like an overseas jamboree.

ALERT sounds more like a basic training for the army than Scouting. Probably a lot less fun and WAY more bible stuff too.

Me thinks Joe threatened to leave as he turned 18 on Jan 20 so Boob and Mullet needed to crush his spirit.

There are different levels of Alert. The program Joe is (still) at is nothing like a Boy Scout camp, and the guys all look to be at least 18. (Joe turned 18 in January). If you take a look at their blog, you'll see there is a tremendous amount of physical exertion and discipline involved, and the rest is filled with Bible instruction. It looks like an Army boot camp with Jesus.

The program may not be billed or intended as punishment, but I can see parents sending their wayward sons there to get some discipline in their lives. Joe may be there voluntarily, but I can't believe they all are.

all duggar boys starting at age 8 are enrolled in alert. i guess some are more into it than others.

8?????

Its like boot camp, what are 8 year olds doing there (unless you mean 18).

Two months?! Isn't the journey to the heart only 10 days?

No, ALERT is not journey to the heart. ALERT is more about discipline and hard work than about conditioning the heart to follow Christ.

No, ALERT is not journey to the heart. ALERT is more about discipline and hard work than about conditioning the heart to follow Christ.

From the Alert page:

Basic Training January 19-March 22, 2013

Basic Training Unit 49 is currently in training. Follow the training blog to see the progress of the men throughout Basic. For more information on Basic Training, including dates for upcoming units, click here.

http://www.alertacademy.com/iaa/

Edit: Nope Joseph is at "boot camp" Unit 49 group photo...On the far right on the very end.

http://www.alertacademy.com/alert/blog/ ... -training/

Basic Training

Basic Training is the first of the three dynamic phases of training that are available as tools to help parents prepare their sons for the responsibilities and challenges of Godly manhood. Two Basics are run a year and begin both in January and July. This initial training phase is nine weeks long, and among other things is designed to confront the unhealthy self focus in a young man and challenge him to a lifelong habit of service to to others in Christ’s name. Along with this attitude development, training focuses on developing Personal discipline, personal responsibility, attention to detail, endurance, teamwork, healthy spiritual habits such as scripture reading, meditation and memorization, outdoor skills such as basic camping, ropes, knots and rope systems, lashing, and land navigation. The depth and scope of our training has proven to deepen a man’s walk with the Lord, cause a rapid growth in maturity, and develop the confidence to face the up-and-coming significant life challenges. The concepts taught in this phase are foundational to the skills that will be introduced during the second phase of ALERT training. Basic Training costs roughly $3,500 with program costs and gear needs.

Archived