IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he's working for some one I can't stand! Bringing down the fundies from the inside! It would have to be as a talking head type job, because that is his only professional skill.

Do yall know if radar is a reliable source? It's slanted to be troll-like, as Michelle (Milche - isn't that German for milk?) is using her fundie code words to keep Jinger 'safe' at home.

Very curious... I hope Josh is happier than he has been at the carlot. I wonder whether he will manage to turn up on time every day and actually work. I also wonder how Anna will go, going from 2 to 3 kids and at the same time loosing the on-hand baby sitters.

Milch is German for milk.

:( I hope Jinger can move wherever she wants too, ditto the rest of the J'kids.

I'm also curious about this move, hopefully Josh will be happier and actually enjoy it. Hopefully Anna also got a say in this and maybe even talked him into it?

Wow, can't wait to find out who he is working for. I teach classes for new Congressional staff.

Man, the DC cost of living is going to really bite him in the ass--finding housing for 3 kids?? Even if they rent out their little house back in Arkansas, that rent won't come close to covering them in the DC area, even way out in the country. I live between DC and Baltimore, and even in my outer suburb, the rents are much higher than in NW Arkansas.

yeah, I bet JD and Joseph will take over the car lot. JD can continue running his towing business out of it, and now he will be ready to support a helpmeet.

“Jinger didn’t mean she wanted to move to New York City,†her mom Michelle explains to RadarOnline.com. “She meant that she wants to live closer to a city. We’re talking right near a city, but not New York City.

“Jinger meant she wanted to live 15 minutes from a Wal-mart. We live so far out of town on 20 acres, but Jinger wants to live closer to town, so she doesn’t have to drive so far to go shopping.â€

Um, Michelle, if that's what Jinger meant, why don't you just let her explain herself? She may not want to move to NYC-it would be a massive change from what she's used to, and it's super expensive. But I don't believe for a minute that she wants to live slightly closer to Walmart either.

As far as Josh actually moving to DC for a job, I'll believe it when I see it. At most he might go fetch coffee for a low-level politico or volunteer for some campaign for a few months while living off TLC money. Surely any politician would know that the Duggars (and Josh especially) are the kiss of death to any campaign.

Man, the DC cost of living is going to really bite him in the ass--finding housing for 3 kids?? Even if they rent out their little house back in Arkansas, that rent won't come close to covering them in the DC area, even way out in the country. I live between DC and Baltimore, and even in my outer suburb, the rents are much higher than in NW Arkansas.

ITA about the cost of living, but he doesn't have to worry about the Arkansas house. It belongs to his grandmother, so it's her problem. Maybe Josh negotiated enough money for filming the birth of M3 to set them up in the city for awhile. Assuming they're actually going, which I still find unlikely.

I don't really see what qualifications he has for a DC job, but it's likely a "talking head" publicity job, as Rita said.

How is Anna going to cope from being away from her whole support system with 3 kids now? Yikes! I don't know what kind of place they're going to afford in the DC metro area. Seems like the homes would be a lot pricier than in Arkansas.

Who would the car lot go to? JD? Joseph? I assume it would stay in the family.

They're not going to let any of the kids go, are they? Especially the J'Slaves. :(

Wait! They have 20 acres and buy canned vegetables? They must have been having sweet fellowship when God was passing out brains.

I've lived in DC. Those people are going to eat Josh alive. Status, education, and job title is really important there. The fact that Josh doesn't have a college education is going to put him on the bottom of the totum pole. The only thing he qualifies for is a page boy for a congressman.

The only good thing that might come out of this is that there are great museums for the kids. They might actually learn something!

I've lived in DC. Those people are going to eat Josh alive. Status, education, and job title is really important there. The fact that Josh doesn't have a college education is going to put him on the bottom of the totum pole. The only thing he qualifies for is a page boy for a congressman.

The only good thing that might come out of this is that there are great museums for the kids. They might actually learn something!

They'd have to go for that to happen, and they won't. Art museums have naked people. The Smithsonian has dinosaurs and stuff from TV shows. Maybe they would go to the Air and Space Museum. Do they believe in the moon landing?

Oh man, the pop culture section of the Smithsonian was my favorite. Archie Bunker's chair, Fonzie's jacket, Ric Flair's costume, the Muppets . . . the Duggars probably wouldn't even recognize Dorothy's ruby slippers. Can't have them watching a movie with witches and a strong female protagonist.

I'm with everyone on the cost of living. Mr N and I lived in Germantown which is pretty far out from DC--about a 30 minute drive with no traffic--and we spent $970 on our one bedroom/one bathroom apartment with literally two feet of counter space. In addition to rent, we spent $300-$500 a month on electricity almost every month because it was so poorly insulated and the appliances were so inefficient.

Maybe they can move to PG county? :lol: (I literally laughed out loud after I typed that.)

I'm with everyone on the cost of living. Mr N and I lived in Germantown which is pretty far out from DC--about a 30 minute drive with no traffic--and we spent $970 on our one bedroom/one bathroom apartment with literally two feet of counter space. In addition to rent, we spent $300-$500 a month on electricity almost every month because it was so poorly insulated and the appliances were so inefficient.

Maybe they can move to PG county? :lol: (I literally laughed out loud after I typed that.)

Hahaha, I'm pretty sure Josh's head would explode if he lived in PG county.

There are some super super cheap places to live in DC and parts of Maryland. They aren't very safe, but hey, at least it's cheap!

And traffic, he'll have to get used to real traffic. DC has the worst drivers in the nation (by accident rates).

As much as I'd love to see a passel of M kids grow up in DC, I don't think whatever this is will last too long But it could be snarklicious for awhile.

As for Jinger's comment, wasn't that from last season? And no, she was clearly not talking about being close to a friggin' Walmart, but I'm sure your 19 year old daughter appreciates your clarification that her goals in life revolve around convenient shopping at Wally World, Mother-of-the-Year.

Maybe he's working for some sort of conservative PAC? Probably easier to play down his SOTDRT education while playing up his many appearances (and sucking up) on behalf of various conservative candidates.

I honestly wonder what politician would hire him... he's not educated or particularly smart... I assume it would be only to appease pro lifers to have him on the payroll.

I was hoping he'd been hired on as a local food critic, specializing in the finer drive-through establishments

Jinger is an adult, for crying out loud. If one of my parents had so much as hinted that they had any say in where I lived, there would have been a whole lot of packing my crap and shouting 'kiss my ass' on the way out the door just to prove them wrong. Of course that never would have happened because my parents raised me to have confidence and a mind of my own. By the time I was Jinger's age, I was in the military and lived in my own apartment--with my boyfriend.

The cost of housing is astronomically higher in DC & the surrounding suburbs. Unless he has a really high paying job (I doubt it) or is willing to blow whatever he's saved from filming, they will be looking at small condos or townhouses at best. There are a lot of nice condos & townhouses in and around NOVA/DC/MD but it's going to be pricey even then. I think Anna will also find it somewhat isolating; the closer they are to the city, the more liberal the area & even conservatives would find it hard to digest the fundie culture.

I think this is the first time we've really seen DQ show how much control they have over their adult children...scary.

I'd guess that he'll get housing as part of his gig. Otherwise, as others have said, he can't afford it. And maybe Jinger will go with them as the resident baby sitter. That would at least get her to a big city.

Whoa, that's some news about Josh. Going from NW AR to DC is going to be quite the adjustment in terms of culture, work environment and cost of living. He will actually have to show up on a regular basis. He isn't by any means going to be around a SOTDRT crowd. I honestly don't see how he can cut it. Agree with TinyDancer87's assessment that he's going to be eaten alive. I know this sounds terrible but he's going to find out how it really feels to be a country bumpkin in the big city.

He and Anna shouldn't give up the house in AR anytime soon.

Maybe it's worth it to spend all their savings to get out from under Jim Bob? I mean, we know they control their adult children - maybe Josh has never been as okay with this as we thought? In that case, good for him. I hope some others join him.

Edit: sp

Archived