IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

Am I alone in calling BS on this "He/She's my best friend!" thing? I strongly feel that each of them is saying this because it's some kind of Gothard-sanctioned boilerplate for "Godly" male-female relationships.

yup, think so too! they're never ever best friends

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that the "Best Friends" bit is total BS. I get the feeling they're saying it over and over in the effort to convince themselves. Good luck with that. It's mind-boggling that they have been married for a year, and are still COMPLETE STRANGERS to one another. I wonder how many of these courtships/arranged marriages turn out to be lifelong charades? Depressing.

It's mind-boggling that they have been married for a year, and are still COMPLETE STRANGERS to one another.

Where did they say they were strangers?

Where did they say they were strangers?

Sorry, they didn't say that. What I meant was that it's very obvious in their body language that they are not at all comfortable with one another.

David responded to the "dumb sheep"

David Waller February 25, 2013

Yes, our little one is just like the rest of us: “dumb sheep†compared to our infinately wise, all knowing and loving Shepherd.

I left his spelling... I'm pretty sure that the verse has nothing to do with comparing humans to God. If it does, I'm wondering if there was something to the book (and twilight zone episode) "to serve man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_M ... light_Zone)

Do humans make good sweaters or are we just lunch for the LORD?

I am not convinced that Priscilla's impairment is all imborn. Given what we heard on the interview of her and the duggar girls, they affect the same speech patterns. I admit I've seen only minutes of the Duggars' show, however, my husband has seen seconds of it, during which Michelle was speaking. My husband said "I hate women who pretend to have a little girl voice and act dumb" I wonder if the next generation has been learning the act dumb and talk stupid role since early childhood, and even if she is smarter than she comes across, being hesitant and not confident is part of the feminine role taught them in their religion. Part of always seeming / being less than the male.

That said, I see nothing to indicate that David is particularly educated or smart. He parrots the party line well, and has played the internal poitical game so far, but beyond homeschool he lists his education as:

Advanced Training Institute

1990 – 2012

IBLP Seminars

1991 – 2010

Activities and Societies: Basic Seminar (32 Hours), Advanced Seminar (28 Hours), Anger Resolution Seminar (18 Hours), Financial Freedom Seminar (32 Hours), Counseling Seminar (55 Hours), Total Health Seminar (50 hour), ATI Regional Conferences annually since 1991

This is not any sort of real advanced education. this isn't even Patrick Henry or Oral Roberts or Bob Jones......

If this is what passes for advanced education for the leader/men, then they must work pretty hard to keep the women in the dark/teach them to always be or play dumb--otherwise, a halfway educated woman would wake up one day and think "WTF, he's an uneducated bumpkin, why are we doing what he says."

I am not convinced that Priscilla's impairment is all imborn. Given what we heard on the interview of her and the duggar girls, they affect the same speech patterns. I admit I've seen only minutes of the Duggars' show, however, my husband has seen seconds of it, during which Michelle was speaking. My husband said "I hate women who pretend to have a little girl voice and act dumb" I wonder if the next generation has been learning the act dumb and talk stupid role since early childhood, and even if she is smarter than she comes across, being hesitant and not confident is part of the feminine role taught them in their religion. Part of always seeming / being less than the male.

That said, I see nothing to indicate that David is particularly educated or smart. He parrots the party line well, and has played the internal poitical game so far, but beyond homeschool he lists his education as:

Advanced Training Institute

1990 – 2012

IBLP Seminars

1991 – 2010

Activities and Societies: Basic Seminar (32 Hours), Advanced Seminar (28 Hours), Anger Resolution Seminar (18 Hours), Financial Freedom Seminar (32 Hours), Counseling Seminar (55 Hours), Total Health Seminar (50 hour), ATI Regional Conferences annually since 1991

This is not any sort of real advanced education. this isn't even Patrick Henry or Oral Roberts or Bob Jones......

If this is what passes for advanced education for the leader/men, then they must work pretty hard to keep the women in the dark/teach them to always be or play dumb--otherwise, a halfway educated woman would wake up one day and think "WTF, he's an uneducated bumpkin, why are we doing what he says."

I agree with this entire post.

I have not seen much of the show either, but the other day I watched the Waller wedding episode. What I noticed was that I'd much rather hear Anna talk than Priscilla. Anna talks to Josh like she's a real person. I didn't notice baby talk. And she doesn't constantly say yesss to everything he says. Did she start out that way and leave it behind? I didn't see them in their early days.

I know I am late to the game in regards to the Waller wedding. I did not see it last year, but I was home today burning some time so I watched it. Um, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? That has to be the most bizarre wedding I have ever seen. I thought at one point David was going to start tap dancing. And how many bloody people did they need to be in their wedding?

David responded to the "dumb sheep"

I left his spelling... I'm pretty sure that the verse has nothing to do with comparing humans to God. If it does, I'm wondering if there was something to the book (and twilight zone episode) "to serve man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_M ... light_Zone)

Do humans make good sweaters or are we just lunch for the LORD?

It's not just compared to God that he and Priscilla are dumb sheep...

Fuck's sake. Finite. FinIte. InfinIte. DefinIte. Infinitely. Definitely. Infinitive. Definitive. Fuck!

I guess the SOTDRT doesn't allow dictionaries.

All I've seen is the post with the baby announcement video, where the Gleaner mentions that she was premature, but that "health and ability are not hindered." Ummm... :?

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/09/06/baby-on-the-way/

Thanks. I find it incredibly sad that women are so marginalized in ATI and other fundy circles that it isn't possible to tell if Priscilla is cognitively delayed or if she's just toeing the Gothard party line.

Assuming her unusual affect and speech are related to complications of prematurity and not "keeping sweet," does anyone care to speculate about whether Priscilla would have received early intervention or other therapy services had she been a boy? I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it's just not suitable for a Godly headship to be unable to understand what Pa Gothard would want for his quiver, but on the other, EI services or other therapies might be provided through an ebil public school or by wimmins or something. I'm inclined to say that boys wouldn't fare any better in such a situation.

I suspect that if David and Priscilla's apparent cognitive abilities were reversed, the marriage never would have happened. Presumably part of the search for a fundie wife is making well sure that she's dumber than her husband.

All this talk makes me think of my husband's favorite line from Handel's Messiah: "We Like Sheep!"

David is just weird...IMO. The baby talk and best friend I love you's are sweet and sickening all at the same time. Just hoping this baby turns out somewhat normal.

This post:

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/03/17/honeymoon-adventures/

...contains a number of super-awkward face-sucking pics (including the Bible shot)

I

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD, guys. I just realized what those pictures remind me of. Troy McClure in the Simpsons episode where he has a sham marriage to Patty! (Or was it Selma?).

Is Priss not allowed to handle the camera? Is the camera too masculine an object for her to handle, or do you think she simply can't figure it out?

Just hoping this baby turns out somewhat normal.

I don't know how normal he'll be, but I'm sure he'll fit right in with the rest of them. It'll be interesting to see how much he takes after Uncle Josh and Aunt Anna's kids.

I don't know how normal he'll be, but I'm sure he'll fit right in with the rest of them. It'll be interesting to see how much he takes after Uncle Josh and Aunt Anna's kids.

I was reading the baby post again and for some reason my eyes wandered to The link for Adam and Valerie Waller's website, so I headed over. Now, I'd read it before, but it had been awhile, and not since I really started following Prissy and David. And, wow, what a difference between the two. Yes, they both use the weird third person thing, and they are still Gothardites, but I see very few similarities between them. Adam and Valetie seem genuinely happy, not the fakey sickeningly sweet sappiness like p&d. And I get no gay vibes from Adam like I do from David. They seem like a real married couple and not just two people putting on a show and playing house. So not quite normal, but much more normal than d&p, so maybe there's a little tiny sliver of hope for the WallerBaby.

I have to agree Adam and Valerie seem more normal and I think there is some level of respect for Valerie from Adam for her abilities, which we do not see with David or Priscilla. Also interesting to note that they are not in a big rush to have kids, but rather are enjoying life. I was a little suprised to see Valerie was able to do some freelance work. I thought hmm these two just come off like happy dorky people with a little too much religion being their only major problem.

Is it just me or does this pregnancy feel longer than the phantom lady's? An obstetrician needs to gleam that little pecan already!

Is it just me or does this pregnancy feel longer than the phantom lady's? An obstetrician needs to gleam that little pecan already!

I think she's due the first week in March. Any day now they'll get to see what his flesh looks like.

I think she's due the first week in March. Any day now they'll get to see what his flesh looks like.

March 9th officially. I'm wondering if Priscilla and Esther's babies will share a birthday.

Archived