IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

Presumably, it was something like this that drove J'chelle Duggar to fundie-ism.

Does anyone know if it was this particular movie? Seems about right for the tieme period.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:roll: Long time lurker but first time posting. It seriously took me quite awhile to get to the end of this thread just to post haha. I grew up in a rigid Pentecostal home I'm talking no jewelry except the wedding ring and a watch, women could not wear pants (although there was an unspoken rule allowing little girls leggings or even rarely pants until the age of 5). my pastor loved to joke "and men cant wear dresses either, see we're about equality here." then hed wink and laugh and say, but its not like men would want to wear dresses. I remember being so confused all of the time cause this was San Francisco where there are ALWAYS men flaunting their luscious legs for all to see.

We also had the women can't cut their hair rule (& men can't grow theirs long haha. STUPID!!111 eleventy!!) I remember struggling with this for a few years as a teen because my hair was really short and grew REALLY slowly. I was always getting admonished by other members of the church because they thought I was cuttin my hair. I even was sent to talk to the pastor (terrifying) about he, he just told me to pray that gods will be done and my hair would grow if it were gods will. Crazy right?

Anyway back to the topic.... I really feel for David because if he is gay, acceptance from his people is a long time coming. My friend once pointed out a man to me in church and said, "that's so and so he used to be gay and have AIDS but then he got saved and god cured him and now he's married with two kids and one on the way. Praise Him." I was like, nevermind about trying to explain the difference between HIV and AIDS, but WTF?!? :shock:

Is she associating gay with aids?? as in a sickness? If not... OMG what? :|

Sucking face with an open bible on your lap is just squicky... taking pictures of it and posting it on teh internet is just fucked up!

Holy cow. Why would anyone post a photo like that? So many things wrong with that image. Does he think the term "sucking face" is literal?

There was a video excerpt I think somewhere (wish I knew where I saw it) of the days leading up to their wedding. And the cameras are at the Keller parents' trailer and sister Anna is there and someone asks if she and Josh are going to give Prissy and David kissing advice. And Anna says no, that they would figure it out.

But, you know, clearly they haven't.

Oh yea, I totally watched those movies in high school. My youth pastor's dad was in A Thief In The Night! Now I can't get that song out of my head- wish we all were ready...

Holy cow. Why would anyone post a photo like that? So many things wrong with that image. Does he think the term "sucking face" is literal?

There was a video excerpt I think somewhere (wish I knew where I saw it) of the days leading up to their wedding. And the cameras are at the Keller parents' trailer and sister Anna is there and someone asks if she and Josh are going to give Prissy and David kissing advice. And Anna says no, that they would figure it out.

But, you know, clearly they haven't.

This post:

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/03/17/honeymoon-adventures/

...contains a number of super-awkward face-sucking pics (including the Bible shot)

I

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD, guys. I just realized what those pictures remind me of. Troy McClure in the Simpsons episode where he has a sham marriage to Patty! (Or was it Selma?).

This post:

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/03/17/honeymoon-adventures/

...contains a number of super-awkward face-sucking pics (including the Bible shot)

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD, guys. I just realized what those pictures remind me of. Troy McClure in the Simpsons episode where he has a sham marriage to Patty! (Or was it Selma?).

Oh, my. Those are classic -- I haven't seen those before. I particularly love the one in their swimming clothes -- wow! And then there's one of some rather austere bed that made me think I'm pretty sure that is an exact representation of what their relationship is. Although somehow me managed to get her pregnant. That must have been "fun".

Well, as we all know David is planning to tell his not-yet-born son the pecan heist story as a lesson. Since fetuses can sin while in utero, wonder if the telling will include the three of them instead of two.

Thinking that a baby can sin before birth is all kinds of messed up.

Doesn't Gothard say you shouldn't adopt because the child inherits the sin of their parents. Davy worships Gothard so he may be concerned that Baby Waller is going to be affected by his sin of theft. It makes the thread title quite appropriate too.

Picture where you're holding the camera yourself? Check.

Tasteless pictures of yourself making out with your significant other? Check.

David has a lot more in common with those worldly teenagers his lot tsk tsk at than he thinks. Seriously, David, you and Priscilla being married doesn't make posting pictures of yourselves sucking face any less immodest.

I think a large part of their kissing problem is that it's strictly for show. To prove how much these two best friends love each other.

Totally natural-looking, yes?

The finger-licking, spittle-sharing wedding cake kisses were nauseating. At about 1:06:30 in.

Dave really, really seems to enjoy sucking her finger off.

Di5TRqJYpnI

In the picture of their rings (Priscilla's is so thick, I'm surprised!), you can see in the reflection that David's kissing her cheek. Even in a picture that's not of them, there must be PDA!

God, that wedding cake video just makes me feel so bad for both of them. I know that David is a patriarchal twat and I shouldn't feel bad for him, but if he actually IS gay, I do feel bad that he's trapped in a marriage with a woman.

Does her back not bend? Those pictures of him leaning her back and kissing her (and there are FAR too many of them!) are so awkward! Rather than bending back at the waist, she's straight out...her legs sticking straight out.

The finger-licking, spittle-sharing wedding cake kisses were nauseating. At about 1:06:30 in.

Dave really, really seems to enjoy sucking her finger off.

Yeah, the shape of her finger is a little closer to what he what he had in mind....

:twisted:

this going to be like the whites white child ever...in so many ways ;)

In this case, its probably a blessing Gothard doesn't allow dancing.

Does her back not bend? Those pictures of him leaning her back and kissing her (and there are FAR too many of them!) are so awkward! Rather than bending back at the waist, she's straight out...her legs sticking straight out.

She was probably scared stiff!

Sucking face with an open bible on your lap is just squicky... taking pictures of it and posting it on teh internet is just fucked up!

Aren't the fundies fond of saying that Jesus is the third person in every marriage? It only makes sense to include him as best they can.

I just hope it was a tripod they used to take the couch suck-fest picture and not some poor housekeeper or someone roped into to taking it (and subsequently being nauseated by it!). At least Pris does look rather happy playing with the children in some of the shots.

If that guy had HIV/AIDS and fathered 2 children, wouldn't his wife and children now also be HIV positive?

Not necessarily with HIV if his viral load was low.

How did I miss this?!

Pay special attention to the last Frequently Asked Question.

davidlovespriscilla.com/about-us/faq-about-us/

How Did You Meet?

The first time I saw Priscilla was when she came on her Journey to the Heart. However, nothing really crossed my mind until I saw her serving in the kitchen one day and respond beautifully to some pressures around her. I thought to myself, “That young lady has many of the qualities I would love to see in my wife someday.†However, I knew that I did not really have the three prerequisites every guys should have before he even thinks of marriage: He must consistently maintain a vibrant walk with God, demonstrate wisdom in financial matters, have and fulfill a life purpose worth dying for, before every considering marriage.

Was Your First Kiss at the Wedding?

Our focus was to be united first and most importantly in our spirits through a close relationship with the Lord and sharing openly our walk with Him. This was first priority over connecting emotionally or physically. We also understood from our parents how few young people today stay pure until marriage. Once the focus shifts to the physical, it can be difficult to refocus on the spiritual aspects of marriage readiness. This is why we chose to save our first kiss until the day of our wedding, and it sure was special!

Priscilla, How Did You Prepare for Marriage?

The best preparation for marriage for me was serving with my family and learning contentment at home. I was then able to enjoy each season God had for me. This included opportunities to be sent out to places my dad felt were good and wholesome to serve and minister.

How Many Children Are You Going to Have and When?

We believe children are a blessing from the Lord and gifts to be received. Psalm 137:3-5 states: “Children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them.†Children are not a burden, but a blessing. He is the one who gives them and keeps them. He never gives more than we can handle and He is certainly not short in supplying for the needs of His children. Thus, we choose to trust God with the size of our family and accept as many children as He would so choose to give. We desire to view children the way Jesus did when He stated: “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God†(Mark 10:14). When we see from His perspective, we will love children as He does and receive with joy each one as a gift from God.

Was it Hard to Grow up in a BIG Family?

Both of us grew up in larger families and saw how true Scripture is calling each child a blessing from the Lord. Between work, play and homeschooling we never lacked for something to do or someone to do it with. We love each of our siblings very much and have learned many valuable lessons from each one. In fact, as we have watched our siblings we have noticed that each one seems to learn things earlier than the previous ones because they have witnessed multiple siblings try their hand at it.

What Prepared You to Serve God in Your Youth?

We owe our parents a huge thanks for their encouragement to serve the Lord and invest in things which will last for all eternity. To start off, both of us were deeply impacted when we attended a Journey to the Heart. This ten day experience has saved many from a life of regret and placed them on a track to eternal significance. Starting in Chicago, each attendee goes through a couple days of orientation, training and a personal interview before heading up to the Northwoods of Michigan in teams of ten for six days of seeking the Lord. Though David has only led two, Priscilla has led many such teams and has also written a few testimonies which you may find encouraging. One is on how she received special boldness for witnessing as well as one on a witnessing experience she had. Another is a podcast from a journey she led with several of the Duggar girls attending. Second, there is a powerful program which gave a lot of foundational training for ministry called In The Gap. This ministry outreach focuses on learning and practicing the skill of leading children to Christ and teaching them to embrace His character in their personal lives. Not only do you learn how to teach children, but you have the opportunity to put it into action immediately and see God work in and through you.

David, How Did You Know Priscilla Was the Right One?

Coming soon!

The above questions have come from the many who have contacted us. We are delighted with each person who took the time to do so. However, we thought that since we have not quite had the time to answer each one individually, we might post some of the answers in a more public way. We hope you are encouraged by each one.

Is she associating gay with aids?? as in a sickness? If not... OMG what? :|

Yeah that is basically what she was implying. On the topic of whether or not the man was actually HIV positive, who knows? Ive noticed an interesting tendency in close knit communities to distort truths to fit their own purposes. This happens a lot in some religious circles and was definitely true in my old church. The logic went something like: The news reports: "Studies have shown that less than 25% of HIV related illness has been linked to gay men. This is a far cry from the so called gay related immune deficiency. The time for stereotyping and pigeonholing is no longer upon us!"

But in her mind she heard, "Studies have shown that less than 25% of HIV related illness has been linked to gay men. This is a far cry from the so called gay related immune deficiency. The time for stereotyping and pigeonholing is no longer upon us!" Not to make light of the struggle for equality, as a former fundie-ish lesbian I know that struggle first hand. The justification and rumor-mongering amazes me. My theory is that he was/is a gay man forced to marry and conform because of religion, much like what could be going on with Davilla.

Archived