IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

I am not saying homebirths pwn hospital births. But giving birth at home with a properly trained midwife when you have the possibility to jump in a car to get to a hospital should there be a complication is not a problem at all.

I know this is an old post, but you need to talk to my friend. Her first got stuck (shoulders) and because she was in a hospital, he will be 10 next week. My friend's sister insisted that she have a homebirth. She had a midwife with qualifications and training. Her baby also got stuck. Her baby girl died when they were transporting (by ambulance).

I will not forget the phone call I got that day at work of my friend in hysterics that they had called an ambulance and then a few minutes later that she had lost the baby. I took the next day off of work just to keep her sane until she could go to the rest of her family in another state. Her sister has completely withdrawn from their family and society and not only has my friend lost her niece, she has lost her sister too.

Even in this day and age yes, there are problems. And they can be horribly tragic. This one could have been prevented.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The heart-around-the-disembodied-feet pose is a particularly huge fail. It looks like they are pretending to be chopping them off at the ankles. :?

To me it resembles the Evil Vagina Body-Part-That-Must-Not-Be-Named of Death trying to swallow the baby back up.

The heart-around-the-disembodied-feet pose is a particularly huge fail. It looks like they are pretending to be chopping them off at the ankles. :?

Awkward Family Photos anyone?

At least we have been spared the other awful photography trend: Pregnant boudoir shots. Thank the Lord for modesty in this case.

I thought the Duggars were bad... but these crazies absolutely fascinate me (in a terribly frightening way, of course). Prissy is pretty much the equivalent of a 12 year old... so disturbing.

I have children (and one who just turned 13). Prissy isn't equivalent of a 12 year old -- she's equivalent of a 7 year old at best.

After looking at all the pics, I've got the feeling that the baby is just David's fabulous new accessory.

For the most part, those are odd and disturbing pictures. The poses are weird, the photography is terrible, and the Little Pecan has the ugliest baby feet I've ever seen.

For the most part, those are odd and disturbing pictures. The poses are weird, the photography is terrible, and the Little Pecan has the ugliest baby feet I've ever seen.

This. Plus Pris looks really tired. I wonder if the Pecan Gleaner is helping her any?

I don't understand the competitive nature of parents and potty training. My oldest son was 4. I always joked that his wife would have to potty train him! That was 20 years ago, he is now in graduate school. It all worked out, relax.

The Pearls are awful.

Bless you for posting this :D . I have been getting uncomfortable looks from some people who know us because my son is 3 now and still just. isn't. gonna. do. it. now. It's a relief to know that not every child is trained so much earlier.

I just noticed this flipping through the Pecan Pics -- do David and Pris have matching wedding bands?

Kinda... um... cutesy? I think it's way too thick for a women's band, but then I'm in the process of looking for my wedding band, and I like thin and sparkly, not wide and dull.

Bless you for posting this :D . I have been getting uncomfortable looks from some people who know us because my son is 3 now and still just. isn't. gonna. do. it. now. It's a relief to know that not every child is trained so much earlier.

My son was 3 and showed no signs whatsoever of readiness. I started to wonder if it would ever happen and all of a sudden, one day he used the toilet once before his bath and from that point on, used it 100% of the day time. He was night trained at about 4 - infrequent wetting, but enough that pullups were our friends for a while. Every child gets there at their own pace. Yours will too :)

Am I an internet idiot or is anyone else having trouble finding a way to SCROLL THROUGH the photos on the Waller's site? I don't seem to get any way to go from photo to photo -- have to open one, then go back to the photo gallery in order to open another. Anyone, anyone?

Guest Anonymous
Am I an internet idiot or is anyone else having trouble finding a way to SCROLL THROUGH the photos on the Waller's site? I don't seem to get any way to go from photo to photo -- have to open one, then go back to the photo gallery in order to open another. Anyone, anyone?

I have to click twice from the gallery - once to open; once more to enlarge. I think he has changed the way he puts pictures up recently.

After looking at all the pics, I've got the feeling that the baby is just David's fabulous new accessory.

In a few of the shots where David's holding the baby, it looks like wee Paul is about to latch on to breastfeed. Admittedly, my newborn son tried to latch onto SO's chest, elbow, and even nose once. We didn't take pictures of it, though.

Those are very odd photos. A hurricane lamp, a globe, a window pane and a violin case? Why? The suitcase one is scary because it looks like someone's about to zip him up in it and why photograph him under the piano like that?

But I suppose any day that Davey gets to channel his inner 13 year old girl is a good one for him:

[attachment=0]DavidlovesPriscilla00035-200x300.jpg[/attachment]

edited for speling eras

This picture is full of fail for me. It reminds me too much of the pictures people take with late miscarriages (ie: the pics of Boob and Michelle with Jubilee). I can understand why a person who had a late miscarriage like that would want that type of photo for their PERSONAL collection (not for a huge public ceremony), but one with a live baby...squicky

The wedding rings on the baby's toes? WTH?

This is apparently a "thing" now. I have an acquaintance that is a photographer and it seems like when she posts new baby pics there is always one of these now. Along with the baby in the cocoon and a few other apparently now "stock" baby (newborn) poses.

She is secular, so it's not just a fundy thing.

I hate the way he posts pics! I have to do the same as you...go back to the photo gallery after every pic. I want to just click through them.

What was up with the pic of David looking through a window frame or something at the baby? I didn't get that one.

Priscilla is extremely photogenic. She often looks beautiful in pictures, and her eyes seem to genuinely smile when she smiles.

Whoever took the photos of Paul is trying much too hard. Like someone else said, just take a full on picture of him. He's perfect just the way he is, without all the flea market finds.

At least they dressed him simply in a diaper and a crocheted cap...

At least we have been spared the other awful photography trend: Pregnant boudoir shots. Thank the Lord for modesty in this case.

I love the pregnant boudoir shots. I think women are their sexyist when preggers!

This is apparently a "thing" now. I have an acquaintance that is a photographer and it seems like when she posts new baby pics there is always one of these now. Along with the baby in the cocoon and a few other apparently now "stock" baby (newborn) poses.

She is secular, so it's not just a fundy thing.

I blame Anne Geddes. :D

Those are some strange baby photos! It may be becasue im english and these kind of photo shoots arent really done over here, you have family photos done, but not these wired put your baby in a case type!

Archived